PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood park

dansan
11-05-2013, 11:34 PM
I thought we saw the last of Hollywood park last meet?

FocusWiz
11-05-2013, 11:51 PM
I thought we saw the last of Hollywood park last meet?
They announced their closing during the last meet, but they will continue until right before Christmas.

One possible source of confusion was the emphasis they put on their final Friday night race card. I believe there are no Friday nights in this final meet.

goatchaser
11-08-2013, 12:53 PM
I was reg at Hollywood in the 70's 80's and 90's. It was a great track back in the day. But honestly....I really don't think I will miss it. I will make one last venture out there with 2 friends on Nov 30th. I hope i can visualize Harry Henson calling the races and imagining all the HUGE races I saw there. My fav being the Typecast vs Convenience Match race. Typecast and William Shoemaker getting beat a nose by Private Jerry Lambert and Convenience. JO Tobin beating the undefeated Seattle Slew. And being there for the very first Breeders Cup ever run. Not to mention the many times going to The Forum to watch a Laker game or Kings game and then running over to Holly to play the last few races when Harness Racing was huge. Hoping I can get away with a few momentos while there : )