PDA

View Full Version : Paging Mountainman... AKA Mark P.

BombsAway Bob
11-04-2013, 02:17 PM
Hi Mark. Sent you an eMail @ nancyandmark@mtrgaming.com last
night asking for clarification, & no one at MtrGaming's Twitter
feed talks about horses,so i have to post question to you here.
Equibase constantly posts any Early Pick-5 carryovers going
into NEXT DAY'S Mountaineer Early Pick-5 Pool.
i Believe You & Nancy have
stated on-air more than once, that if no one hits EARLY Pick-5,
pool carries over to the LATE Pick-5. Judging by last Night's Late
P5 Paying $10K for One $.50 Ticket, the carryover had to go to
the Late P5 pool. Twitterverse is Buzzing, since Equibase has a
P5 Carryover of $4,600 going into tonight. Who's Right?
Thanks, Bob

Stillriledup
11-04-2013, 02:31 PM
I wasnt near my computer for the last race last night, but when that 60+ winner won the 2nd to last race, i had just assumed its a carryover for the next available pick 5, which would be tonight's early pick 5. But, someone hit the thing, so there's no carryover......or, so i think.

There was a 6k Carryover a week or so ago, and i bet into the early pick 5 thinking the 6k would go into that pool, and at the time, i didnt even realize they HAD a late pick 5....so, when i saw there was actually a late pick 5 and the pool was much higher, i had just assumed the carryover goes to the late pick 5 pool.

I also thought about coming on here and asking Mark (or Peter, who also posts here) what's the true story...you beat me to it!

mountainman
11-04-2013, 04:03 PM
Yesterday's late 5 was hit. Thus, no carryover. Had there been no correct ticket, the pool would have carried to this evening's first sequence. Hope that clarifies things .

BombsAway Bob
11-04-2013, 05:28 PM
Yesterday's late 5 was hit. Thus, no carryover. Had there been no correct ticket, the pool would have carried to this evening's first sequence. Hope that clarifies things .
someone should contact EQUIBASE & explain this to them,
because everytime there's an EARLY Pick-5 carryover, even
though it gets scooped in the Late Pick-5, the following
race card is listed as a Pick-5 Carryover. some computer glitch, likely.

Stillriledup
11-04-2013, 09:00 PM
Early Pick 5 at Mtn tonight REALLY light. The 2nd place finisher in leg 5 was a 14-1 shot and that horse was only paying 3k if she had won.

6-5 shot lost leg 1, even money shot lost leg 2, the co heavy favorites both lost leg 3, the 1-9 shot lost leg 4 and there was a late scratch of one of the main contenders, so all that money went on the losing favorite and the lukewarm favorite won leg 5 and the "entire world" hit this bet?

There was between 15 and 20 winning tickets.

Stillriledup
11-04-2013, 09:06 PM
The pick 4 to the 7 in the final leg was paying 13 and change for 2 bucks...the pick 5 was paying 12k for 2 bucks. Hard to figure.

ubercapper
11-08-2013, 01:23 PM
someone should contact EQUIBASE & explain this to them,
because everytime there's an EARLY Pick-5 carryover, even
though it gets scooped in the Late Pick-5, the following
race card is listed as a Pick-5 Carryover. some computer glitch, likely.

Are you referring to the chart or to the carryover page?