PDA

View Full Version : The MEADOWS LIVE (Nov 4th)

RaceTrackDaddy
11-04-2013, 01:31 PM
Got on late but will be trying to at least break even today. Starting off with race 3.

It is Modern Cruiser (# 1) race to lose.
The two that have a shot at him are Delightful One (# 4) and Aquamarine Hanover (# 7).

Boxing the exacta and tri for a $1 (1-4-7)

RaceTrackDaddy
11-04-2013, 01:42 PM
down $7.50 as Wilder's horse (# 4) had nothing in the tank when Mike moved him on the backside.

RaceTrackDaddy
11-04-2013, 01:47 PM
Looks like Rich Gillock got Sixteen Mikes (# 1) rigged right and just might be ready to fire first time racing here. I hope he remains on stride.

Wager is $5 win/place (# 1)

RaceTrackDaddy
11-04-2013, 02:00 PM
Sixteen Mikes (# 1) was rigged right. He was bet down to 5/2 at post time. Richard Stillings let him out easily to sit in 7th. As they left the first qtr turn, Dickie let his horse out to start the drive for the front. He ended up third over heading to the half, then second over when reaching the backstretch. Dickie didn't want the second over cover and tipped three wide and he was gone. Dickie coasted Sixteen Mikes to an easy win.

Won $37.00 on the $5 W/P ticket leaving me up $29.50 for the day.

RaceTrackDaddy
11-04-2013, 02:11 PM
Pass

RaceTrackDaddy
11-04-2013, 02:19 PM
I am taking a shot at a price. Looking at Marty Wollam's horse, G Momma (# 4) 5/1.

He seemed to take back when having an outside post position. Given this post, I see Marty being more aggressive. If he is no worst than third at the half, he should win it.

Betting $5 Win/Place
Leaving me up $19.50 on the day.

RaceTrackDaddy
11-04-2013, 02:33 PM
Marty was more aggressive as he left but was in a five horse battle for the lead that ended up with him taking the pocket behind the (# 9). He was locked in coming for home but when the passing lane opened up he could not advance and ended up in fourth place.

Up $19.50

RaceTrackDaddy
11-04-2013, 02:39 PM
It is Dave Palone's Joya Fra (# 7) to lose.
There is no controlling speed in this race and this one loves to come from off the pace. As long as Dave gets a spot sitting fifth or better, he is the one to beat.

Since the low odds I am betting $10 w/p
Down after the wager placed fiftycents.

RaceTrackDaddy
11-04-2013, 02:52 PM
It is Dave Palone's Joya Fra (# 7) to lose.
There is no controlling speed in this race and this one loves to come from off the pace. As long as Dave gets a spot sitting fifth or better, he is the one to beat.

Since the low odds I am betting $10 w/p
Down after the wager placed fiftycents.
Palone got away fifth. He was first up before the half closing as he wanted. Instead of going on he decided to tuck in third on the backstretch basically throwing the horse in heavy cover as the second, third and fourth over horses went along side. Palone tried to move in the lane but the horse went about four lanes to his right before being steadied. Palone should have went on for the lead but he decided to drive himself into a boxed in pocket. His excuse could be that he had not horse when in fact he did. He finished sixth.

RaceTrackDaddy
11-04-2013, 03:00 PM
This might be a new horse to the stable as it was racing on the Indiana fairs. Lastladystanding (# 2) 7/2, This one took some money for his first start here and he failed to fire. Do believe he should be live for the win. No early money so I will be betting lightly.

Going with $3 Win/Place
Down $6.50 so far this day.

RaceTrackDaddy
11-04-2013, 03:11 PM
This might be a new horse to the stable as it was racing on the Indiana fairs. Lastladystanding (# 2) 7/2, This one took some money for his first start here and he failed to fire. Do believe he should be live for the win. No early money so I will be betting lightly.

Going with $3 Win/Place
Down $6.50 so far this day.
When you bet Jerry Kehm, you get drives like this. He got away fourth sitting with a lot of pace. He waits until the back of the pack starts to move so he tips out at the three qtr pole. He was in no hurry to move the horse forward until the lane. He was looking like a winner until he got the lead and lost in almost the same time as Dan Charlino gets by with a sixty to one shot. At least that helps the place price. Got $8.10 back so I am up $1.60 on the day.

Ray2000
11-04-2013, 03:16 PM
Glad to see you back in action Bobby, I've always paid attention to your comments.

My longshot of the day is Petty Hanover w/ Stillings in the 11th
He drew the 8 hole, 5 times in a row and drops down in class today and gets the 3 post.

and in the 12th...
2 longshots to box with Palone (#6).. #3 Cole Hard Cash and #8 Craig Michael
3bx exacta and 3bx tri

GL with the rest your picks.

RaceTrackDaddy
11-04-2013, 03:17 PM
Palone appears to have the inside path for the win with Summer Indian (# 7) 3/1 but we will never see those morning line odds. For that reason, I am betting into the exotics.

Trifecta $1
7/1,3,8/all

Betting a total of $15, leaving me down $13.40 on the day.

RaceTrackDaddy
11-04-2013, 03:31 PM
Palone appears to have the inside path for the win with Summer Indian (# 7) 3/1 but we will never see those morning line odds. For that reason, I am betting into the exotics.

Trifecta $1
7/1,3,8/all

Betting a total of $15, leaving me down $13.40 on the day.
I lost my video feed on my service...just notice they have gone official.

Enter the next being down 13.40..

RaceTrackDaddy
11-04-2013, 03:38 PM
Time to swing for the fences. I think the class in the field is also one that has not raced since July. They usually take a week or two before start racing in earnest but sometimes they pop right back in their first start, especially if they get an inside post.

I am going with Dragon Tattooteen (# 4) 10/1 with Tony Hall up.
Betting $5 win/place/show
Counting this wager, Down $28.40 so far this day.

RaceTrackDaddy
11-04-2013, 03:43 PM
Glad to see you back in action Bobby, I've always paid attention to your comments.

My longshot of the day is Petty Hanover w/ Stillings in the 11th
He drew the 8 hole, 5 times in a row and drops down in class today and gets the 3 post.

and in the 12th...
2 longshots to box with Palone (#6).. #3 Cole Hard Cash and #8 Craig Michael
3bx exacta and 3bx tri

GL with the rest your picks.
Thank you Ray...doing both greyhounds and horses today..had only two winners at Palm Beach (15 race card) but one paid $8 and the other $26 to be in the black already with races 10-15 to add into the profit column...

Will keep an eye out on the board with respect to your picks..

RaceTrackDaddy
11-04-2013, 03:51 PM
Time to swing for the fences. I think the class in the field is also one that has not raced since July. They usually take a week or two before start racing in earnest but sometimes they pop right back in their first start, especially if they get an inside post.

I am going with Dragon Tattooteen (# 4) 10/1 with Tony Hall up.
Betting $5 win/place/show
Counting this wager, Down $28.40 so far this day.
This one was bet down to 5/1.
Tony Hall was comfortable being in the three hole and did not move until Palone (who was hung the mile) went by so Tony went second over. As Palone and the leader battled on the backstretch, Tony's horse wanted badly to make a move throwing his head so Tony gave him his head. He went three wide outside of the Palone and the Leader but the horse was having trouble in the turn and was taken back. In the lane where it was straight, the horse got brave again and got up to win by a little over two lengths.

Got back $56 for the bet...so I am up now $27.60

RaceTrackDaddy
11-04-2013, 03:59 PM
I narrowed it down to three horses here.
Went with Qullz (# 5) over SJ Better Days (# 6) and Tygerlynx (# 2).
Palone jumps on board this one after brother in law Brian Zendt won easy last out. Palone is driving for his mother in law as Dave married Bill Zendt's daughter. Now Brian is driving for his step father as Lesley Zendt is the daughter of Boots Dunn. It is all in the family. I like Tyger to get a piece of it late due to the post position and his closing manner

Betting the ex box $2 total of $12 (2-5-6)
leaving me up $16.40
Make that 15.60

RaceTrackDaddy
11-04-2013, 04:09 PM
(# 6) tried to wire them and came up a short neck losing to the pocket sitter. Palone came from sixth going second over at the half behind the (# 2). All of the them came up a little short at the wire.

For what its worth, the (# 2) tired and finished 4th. So in effect, my picks came in second, third and fourth. Oh well. Up $15.60 so far and the 12th coming up next.

RaceTrackDaddy
11-04-2013, 04:16 PM
The logical choice is DM Big Dog Daddy (# 6) 5/2 but I am not logical bettor as those are the lower priced payouts. I am trying to get this one beat. I am going with (# 1), P L Earl who should be in the pocket. It seems like the front end horses are getting beat in the lane today. I am using that belief in the track bias in hopes of a slight upset.

The wagers:
Ex Bx 1-6 $5 total $10

$1 Tri
1.6/1,6/all total $14

After these wagers, down $8.40 for the day.

RaceTrackDaddy
11-04-2013, 04:26 PM
The logical choice is DM Big Dog Daddy (# 6) 5/2 but I am not logical bettor as those are the lower priced payouts. I am trying to get this one beat. I am going with (# 1), P L Earl who should be in the pocket. It seems like the front end horses are getting beat in the lane today. I am using that belief in the track bias in hopes of a slight upset.

The wagers:
Ex Bx 1-6 $5 total $10

$1 Tri
1.6/1,6/all total $14

After these wagers, down $8.40 for the day.
Oh well a typical Meadows was on display where everyone takes a seat but instead of the pocket, the (# 1) goes in the three hole. With no one moving until the latter stages of the race, the way they left is the way they came home. Losing my wagers. On to the next race.

RaceTrackDaddy
11-04-2013, 04:33 PM
Time for another swing for the fences.
Going with Upfront Charlieboy (# 3) 20/1
Although he does not appear as fast as the best in here, he did come very hard last out to gain the place. Knowing that Bill Fahy likes to bet his horses and given the price of 16/1 in that race, maybe the horse could of have done better if money was bet on him is the question I have to ask myself. With that effort being seen, I expect something like 6/1 at post time.

Down $8.40 will go with $5 across on the (# 3). That puts me down $23.40 on the day.

RaceTrackDaddy
11-04-2013, 04:47 PM
Time for another swing for the fences.
Going with Upfront Charlieboy (# 3) 20/1
Although he does not appear as fast as the best in here, he did come very hard last out to gain the place. Knowing that Bill Fahy likes to bet his horses and given the price of 16/1 in that race, maybe the horse could of have done better if money was bet on him is the question I have to ask myself. With that effort being seen, I expect something like 6/1 at post time.

Down $8.40 will go with $5 across on the (# 3). That puts me down $23.40 on the day.

Mike Wilder was more aggressive in getting out at the beginning of the race. He sat in fourth until Palone decided to move out from the third spot to go first up. Wider put Charlieboy into gear following Palone to the lane. Once in there, Wilder tipped him three wide and the horse responded to the tap of the whip once and took off drawing off with the win by about five lengths at 10/1.

The winnings totaled to $188 deduct the losses, up $164.60 on the day. Now the bets will be more interesting!

RaceTrackDaddy
11-04-2013, 04:51 PM
Mike Wilder was more aggressive in getting out at the beginning of the race. He sat in fourth until Palone decided to move out from the third spot to go first up. Wider put Charlieboy into gear following Palone to the lane. Once in there, Wilder tipped him three wide and the horse responded to the tap of the whip once and took off drawing off with the win by about five lengths at 10/1.

The winnings totaled to $188 deduct the losses, up $164.60 on the day. Now the bets will be more interesting!
Checked the account...I thought I bet $10 across ....sigh, it was $5 across...only got back 94 bucks...so I am up $69.60...am doing both Palm Beach greyhounds and this track so got my head buzzing...

RaceTrackDaddy
11-04-2013, 04:57 PM
Cape Marj (# 6) has been on my radar since she got covered up at yonkers back in May 2012 with Sears in the bike but was loaded with pace. She won next out. I can see that she has done well at Pokie and now is in the hands of Mike Palone with Dave in the bike.

Going with $10 across

RaceTrackDaddy
11-04-2013, 05:07 PM
Cape Marj (# 6) has been on my radar since she got covered up at yonkers back in May 2012 with Sears in the bike but was loaded with pace. She won next out. I can see that she has done well at Pokie and now is in the hands of Mike Palone with Dave in the bike.

Going with $10 across
Bet down to 3/5, Palone put her on the engine. He was able to back off the half and another slow quarter in the third part of the race. She responded to the whip in the last quarter to come home in 57:1 (last half) after leading the to the half in 57:3.

The wager returned $43.00 and added in the previous total, up $82.60 on the day.

RaceTrackDaddy
11-04-2013, 05:16 PM
Going to shoot for the fences once more to end the day.
I love the breeding on the (# 2). Chi Omega is:
b f 3 Andover Hall(PAŽ)-Megavite(NY)-Muscles Yankee

The problem with this girl is her failure to remain on stride. She adds hopples for this race. She tracked two others in that race that are entered here. Knowing that this one can race a line without a break and given the inside post, I think she just might be able to light up the tote board if the races breaks her way.

Going with $2 across (# 2)
Leaving us up $76.60 on day while we wagered at least $200 bucks..have not done the math but should get a rebate next Monday in the amount of $14 or so as the rates for W/P/S are 4%, Ex are $7% and Tri 17%....

She is 25/1 now, let us see how much she drops..lol

RaceTrackDaddy
11-04-2013, 05:28 PM
Going to shoot for the fences once more to end the day.
I love the breeding on the (# 2). Chi Omega is:
b f 3 Andover Hall(PAŽ)-Megavite(NY)-Muscles Yankee

The problem with this girl is her failure to remain on stride. She adds hopples for this race. She tracked two others in that race that are entered here. Knowing that this one can race a line without a break and given the inside post, I think she just might be able to light up the tote board if the races breaks her way.

Going with $2 across (# 2)
Leaving us up $76.60 on day while we wagered at least $200 bucks..have not done the math but should get a rebate next Monday in the amount of $14 or so as the rates for W/P/S are 4%, Ex are $7% and Tri 17%....

She is 25/1 now, let us see how much she drops..lol

She went down as far as 18/1 before going back up to 22/1
Dickie Stillings appeared to want only to put a good line on her card in order to avoid having go to back to a qualifying race. He backed up to being last but benefited a spot on the backside when the (# 6) broke and then was in 8th. At the top of the lane, Dickie angled her out to mid track path and asked for some trot. She responded nicely closing up willingly to finish third place.

She paid $7.40 to show. We all can bet her next out as she will have this race under her belt and need not to qualify if she cannot stay on stride.

Ended up on the day $84 bucks. Will be mostly at Wheeling and Palm Beach on Tuesday and Wednesday so I might be back on Thursday with whatever harness track that I can find racing...maybe Monti if they are open.

Hope you all made a little money. Have fun until I see ya all once again.