PDA

View Full Version : President is "really good at killing people"

PICSIX
11-04-2013, 01:08 PM
Can't wait to hear the explanation for this one :lol: :lol:

http://news.yahoo.com/new-book--obama-told-aides-that-drones-make-him--really-good-at-killing-people--144734667.html

horses4courses
11-04-2013, 01:16 PM
It's time to curtail this activity,
unless we can be absolutely certain that the target is an Al Qaeda camp in some remote area.
There can be no excuse for killing innocent people. :ThmbDown:

On the other hand, Tom says it's okay.

TJDave
11-04-2013, 01:16 PM
The best thing about drones is that there is absolutely no way the pilot gets killed.

Tom
11-04-2013, 01:26 PM
It raises the question of are they really innocent if they are hanging out with terrorists?

Better a few of them than a bunch of us.

The terrorists set the bar here. Sucks if it backfires.
Maybe the "vast majority" of peaceful muslims I keep hearing about should start turning them over instead of either harboring them of keeping quiet.

Unless there is not really a "vast majority."
Either way, sucks to live near targets.

TJDave
11-04-2013, 01:28 PM
There can be no excuse for killing innocent people. :ThmbDown:

If I had a suspicion that an associate/friend or whatever were a possible target I would pick someone different to hang with. These guys should do everyone a favor and paint a bullseye on their robes.

jerry-g
11-04-2013, 04:27 PM
I'm sure the devil is well pleased with our use of the drones. Hell likely has a
lot more residents lately as a result. Karzi was just at the White House last
week demanding we stop the attacks. Isn't he the one we were fighting the
Al Q's to protect? Actually, I wish the drones could give us a video of the
explosion. I think it might be interesting to see all those turbans flying in
the air. :D

ArlJim78
11-04-2013, 05:08 PM
another disturbing quote from this upcoming book.

Under Obama U.S. drone operators began practicing
“signature strikes,” a tactic in which targets are chosen based on patterns of
suspicious behavior and the identities of those to be killed aren't necessarily
known. (The administration counts all “military-age males” in a strike zone as combatants.)

Furthermore, the disturbing trend of the “double tap” — bombing the same place in quick succession and often hitting first responders — has become common practice.

now remind me what terrorism is again, because to me this is a pretty good description of it.

good thing we're not simpy "air-raiding villages and killing civilians", because we know Obama is against that. and we know he's against waterboarding, but apparently not against blowing anonymous people to bits if they fit a particular profile or happen to be in the wrong location.

yeah and how about that Nobel Peace price huh? well deserved. like I've said many times, the only Nobel Peace Prize winner that personally administers to a kill list, and now we find out he's quite proud of it too.
Say hello to some Hope and Change my friend.

newtothegame
11-04-2013, 05:45 PM
I'm kind of with Tom on this one.......

You are the company you keep! The problem (self imposed by the U.S.), is that we place rules on war! We have done this for as long as I remember. These self imposed rules often times prolong and endanger more of our troops.

As to Jims comments, I agree again. We should not be "double tapping" if friendly or assessment teams are in the area.....

Dave Schwartz
11-04-2013, 06:26 PM
According to the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, the CIA has conducted 378 strikes in the program’s 10-year history. Of those, 326 are classified as “Obama strikes.” The total number of people killed by drones is estimated at 2,528 to 3,648. Civilian casualties are estimated at 416 to 948, with 168 to 200 of those being children. As many as another 1,545 are estimated to have been injured in those strikes.

My question would be:

"Where is all that outrage over killing that we heard during the Bush administration?"

PaceAdvantage
11-04-2013, 09:25 PM
My question would be:

"Where is all that outrage over killing that we heard during the Bush administration?"If you're referring to mainstream media pundits, why, that criticism has all but disappeared. They let everything slide.

Hell, Guantanamo is still open! Which is fine by me...but these lefties just sort of gave up on that talking point the moment Obama stepped into the White House.

Shows you how hypocritical they are.

JustRalph
11-04-2013, 10:47 PM
My question would be:

"Where is all that outrage over killing that we heard during the Bush administration?"

They fear a backlash still. It won't last forever. Every day Obama continues on a path of failure the press becomes less and less forgiving. The tide will turn more and more. There are leaks in the dam already. The press specifically looks more and more foolish every day. Media types put him in office and they will bear the burden of his failure without grace. These people were fools and they have been exposed. Example:

From FishbowlDC
Ali Wentworth (wife of ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos) on “Oprah” speaking of Obama's first nomination:

" We watched everything and George was still doing all the anchoring for ABC and as soon Beyonce said “At Last…” George called me at home and he went, “Honey?” and I said “I know!” and we both started crying."

This kind of fawning was common place. This kind of foolishness will be hard to live down in the future. In cocktail parties all over Washington and New York the previously forbidden subject of Obama's failings will become more and more acceptable. As time runs out, they become more and more bitter. The gloves come off at the end.

sammy the sage
11-04-2013, 11:25 PM
so true about the media...

alas someday THOSE drones will be used ON American soil...after all...it's been ok'd...

Just hope I'm gone when that finally happens...

JustRalph
11-05-2013, 12:35 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-rbm9hJttgzk/UnWKdZgndKI/AAAAAAAAZMk/rSJlCfPczbs/s1600/journalisttrickortreat.jpg

mostpost
11-05-2013, 01:09 PM
Here is the full quote in context from the book. On Kindle, it can be found at location 911-about 9% through the book.
Obama didn't need to run through this preamble. Everyone knew the list of his achievements. Foremost on that day with the fresh news about al Awlaki, it seemed the president was pondering the drone program that he had expanded so dramatically and with such lethal results, as well as the death of bin Laden, which was still resonating worldwide months later. "Turns out I'm really good at killing people," Obama said quietly, Didn't know that was going to be a strong suit of mine,"

To me that doesn't sound like bragging or celebrating. It sounds like regret or at the least resignation.

Greyfox
11-05-2013, 01:15 PM
To me that doesn't sound like bragging or celebrating. It sounds like regret or at the least resignation.

I agree with you on that. :ThmbUp:
But except for the fact that American lives are not being lost by the use of drones, the silence of the main stream media on this matter is disconcerting.

TJDave
11-05-2013, 01:29 PM
Getting good at killing them's in need of being killed is a virtue.