PDA

View Full Version : Chris Christie will never be Prez?

JustRalph
11-03-2013, 05:23 PM
http://swampland.time.com/2013/11/02/the-hunt-for-pufferfish/

A pre-emptive attack for who?

Motive?

PaceAdvantage
11-03-2013, 07:04 PM
How is Christie doing these days after weight-loss surgery? I haven't seen a picture of him yet that shows he has lost any significant weight. If he had this surgery, one would think the pounds would be melting off by the month...and it's been many months since I recall.

fast4522
11-03-2013, 07:17 PM
His chances would significantly increase if they had placed that staple on his mouth instead of in his gut.

PaceAdvantage
11-03-2013, 07:19 PM
His chances would significantly increase if they had placed that staple on his mouth instead of in his gut.Oh come on. His mouth is his best part. I love listening to this guy speak. If only all politicians were this forthcoming...at least you know HE believes what he is saying...

Can't say the same for most of the others...

fast4522
11-03-2013, 09:04 PM
From JR's first post: Chris Christie will never be Prez?

I see things as follows. . .

In order to win as a republican you have to do two things.

1.) Have people believe you.
2.) Have people believe in you.

In order to win as a democrat only one requirement is involved.

1.) Have people believe that you will stick the other guy with the bill.

No disrespect to you Mike but I think that I am accurate in post #3

Robert Goren
11-04-2013, 06:13 AM
Right now Christie is the GOP's best hope in 2016. Whether he can get through the primaries is another question. A large segment of the GOP has the crazy idea that a far right winger can win the general election. As a democrat, I say to those people "Go for it!" We will take all the "give me" elections we can get.

tucker6
11-04-2013, 06:25 AM
Right now Christie is the GOP's best hope in 2016. Whether he can get through the primaries is another question. A large segment of the GOP has the crazy idea that a far right winger can win the general election. As a democrat, I say to those people "Go for it!" We will take all the "give me" elections we can get.

Real Americans spell that "gimme". ;)

dartman51
11-04-2013, 10:33 AM
Real Americans spell that "gimme". ;)

No, Bobby had it right. The Democrat's elections are ALWAYS about 'GIVE ME'. That describes their voters pretty well. Give me FREE health care, give me FREE housing, give me FREE education, give me my FOOD STAMPS, give me my WELFARE CHECK. GIVE ME, GIVE ME, GIVE ME. :ThmbUp:

Tom
11-04-2013, 10:59 AM
They only look far right when you are far left.

reckless
11-05-2013, 08:00 PM

Robert, the Democrats have won all the 'give me' elections in recent years --

Clinton beat G.H.W. Bush in 1992 after Pappy promised a 'kindler gentler form of Republicanism', which was a direct slap at the great conservative American hero and leader Ronald Reagan;

Affirmative action candidate, the intellectually deficient Barry Obama, beat the left wing moderate RINO phony and equally brain-challenged GOP candidate John McCain in 2008. He was also a darling of the media and left wing (remember: McCain the Maverick?);

In 2012, the same Obama, after four years of incompetence, still defeated the GOP candidate because that person, Mittens Romney, ran as he really was -- a left wing establishment chronic loser who was for Obamacare (nee RomneyCare), comprehensive immigration reform with its amnesty, open borders and cheap, illiterate labor for his chronies in the Fortune 1000, and he also showed conservatives he lacked a set of onions in not bringing Benghazi to the forefront.

Romney lost to this loser because the conservatives knew what Romney was all about and stayed home.

And, with Romney, Democrats told us that he was the 'only' GOP candidate that could win in a national election. So much for political insight. And now you guys are pushing Christie on us with the same template.

I always found it hilarious that the America-hating left wing Democrats like yourself, Robert, know what the GOP needs to do to beat Democrats. Hahahaha!

I have been onto the phony Christie since Day 1, so when left wingers claim that the chubby Christie is the only chance the GOP has in 2016, I know he won't go anywhere.

Robert, the consistency of the left wingers always bring a smile to my face.

In closing, I assure you a conservative will head the GOP ticket in 2016 and if I am correct, he will win big.

Conservatives will get our country back I promise you.

I say to you: 'Bring it on'!

Robert Goren
11-05-2013, 08:20 PM
Romney lost to this loser because the conservatives knew what Romney was all about and stayed home.

There is no evidence of that. Certainly the conservatives on this site didn't stay home in any numbers. Some them were so sure of Romney victory that they said they'd quit posting here if Romney lost. They are no place to be found these days. There are lot of reasons that Romney lost not the least of which as a republican he had to distance himself from local tea party republicans which had made fools of themselves in Indiana and Missouri. Their statements on rape cost Romney a lot of votes in close states. I hope the GOP nominates a full blooded tea partier in 2016. I really do.

reckless
11-05-2013, 08:35 PM
There is no evidence of that. Certainly the conservatives on this site didn't stay home in any numbers. Some them were so sure of Romney victory that they said they'd quit posting here if Romney lost. They are no place to be found these days. There are lot of reasons that Romney lost not the least of which as a republican he had to distance himself from local tea party republicans which had made fools of themselves in Indiana and Missouri. Their statements on rape cost Romney a lot of votes in close states. I hope the GOP nominates a full blooded tea partier in 2016. I really do.

Robert, when are you going to learn?

It was those conservative Republicans that rejected Mitt Romney; it was people like myself who identify themselves as Tea Party types who stayed home, my good friends on this site notwithstanding.

Mitt Romney didn't lose in 2012 because of Tea Party support -- he lost because the Tea Party rejected him!

JustRalph
11-05-2013, 08:52 PM

The latest numbers don't show this to be true. Romney got more votes than McCain. 1% more.

It's hard to pin down conservatives vs other voters. But there is data that shows tht "conservative votes" don't make a difference.

reckless
11-05-2013, 10:50 PM
hi Ralph:

I haven't checked the 2012 election results in ages but it was my understanding that Romney got approximately three million less votes than McCain. Obama even polled less votes in 2012 than he won in 2008.

I do know, whatever the raw numbers say, that Steve Lanegan in NJ lost his race to Cory Booker by only 10% while Romney lost to Obama in NJ by 18%. And, tonite, Cuccinelli lost in Va. by less of a percentage than what Romney and McCain lost by in 2012 and 2008, respectively.

The true conservative candidate ran ahead of the moderates Romney/McCain in both Va. and NJ this year. And the already tiresome Christie out polled Romney by about 20 points!

I don't know every one's definition of conservatism but mine is such that Romney was no conservative, and he was rejected by conservatives.

In Va. tonight, the 3rd-party Libertarian Party candidate, Strauss, may have been the difference in the race.

Strauss is a billionaire Obama campaign bundler than entered the race strictly to help Terry McAuliffe. Where was the media on this conflict and corruption of the voting system?

He did his job and Virginians now have a corrupt sleazy governor who is for gun-control, open borders, single payer health care, and is a consigliere to an impeached sex offender, Bill Clinton.

Good luck Virginia, you'll need it.

mostpost
11-05-2013, 11:22 PM
hi Ralph:

I haven't checked the 2012 election results in ages but it was my understanding that Romney got approximately three million less votes than McCain. Obama even polled less votes in 2012 than he won in 2008.
In 2008 McCain amassed 59,948,323 votes. In 2012 Romney garnered 60,933,500 votes in an election which had 2,607,543 less voters. (That is voters who voted for the two major party candidates.)

I do know, whatever the raw numbers say, that Steve Lanegan in NJ lost his race to Cory Booker by only 10% while Romney lost to Obama in NJ by 18%. And, tonite, Cuccinelli lost in Va. by less of a percentage than what Romney and McCain lost by in 2012 and 2008, respectively.

The true conservative candidate ran ahead of the moderates Romney/McCain in both Va. and NJ this year. And the already tiresome Christie out polled Romney by about 20 points!

I don't know every one's definition of conservatism but mine is such that Romney was no conservative, and he was rejected by conservatives.
Herein lies the difference between liberals and conservatives. Conservatives will bite off their nose to spite their face. Romney was not conservative enough for them so they would not vote for him, thereby insuring the election of Obama who was no where near to conservative at all. Obama was not as liberal as I would have liked but I happily supported him as far superior to the other candidate.

In Va. tonight, the 3rd-party Libertarian Party candidate, Strauss, may have been the difference in the race.

Strauss is a billionaire Obama campaign bundler than entered the race strictly to help Terry McAuliffe. Where was the media on this conflict and corruption of the voting system?
They discussed this on MSNBC and their polling showed that those who voted for Strauss would not have voted for either Cuccinelli or Mcauliffe.

He did his job and Virginians now have a corrupt sleazy governor who is for gun-control, open borders, single payer health care, and is a consigliere to an impeached sex offender, Bill Clinton.

Good luck Virginia, you'll need it.
Monica Lewinski is an adult woman. She was an adult woman during her affair with Clinton. Their conduct took place between consenting adults. Infidelity is not a crime in any state, nor should it be. You could argue that Clinton is a sleaze, but he is not a sex offender.

JustRalph
11-05-2013, 11:24 PM
I agree with everything you said.

Btw, national radio and local here in Dallas covering the stealth/Trojan horse that got Mcauiliffe elected.

It's obvious to everybody except the idiots in Va, apparently

The final tally on the election found that Romney got 1% more than McCain.

A quick google search and you'll find it

Tom
11-05-2013, 11:26 PM
Monica Lewinski is an adult woman. She was an adult woman during her affair with Clinton. Their conduct took place between consenting adults. Infidelity is not a crime in any state, nor should it be. You could argue that Clinton is a sleaze, but he is not a sex offender.

You have sense of right and wrong, so you?
btw, he is a sleaze - one of the biggest ever.

thaskalos
11-05-2013, 11:29 PM

Oh, come on Mostie...cut Reckless some slack.

As a former newspaperman...he is used to bombastic rhetoric.

JustRalph
11-05-2013, 11:32 PM

No, but had he done the same thing as a cop, corrections officer, State employee (and the other party worked for him) no matter consensual or not, he would be a sex offender.

So you can draw that faint little line between Clinton and Monica, but reasonable people understand the real deal.......

In fact I expect a vociferous unreasonable supporter of immoral acts by Dems to draw these lines and parse words to millionth degree to protect your party. Now, tell me the meaning of "is" When it is applied to your disbarred hero?

boxcar
11-05-2013, 11:39 PM
Robert, when are you going to learn?

It was those conservative Republicans that rejected Mitt Romney; it was people like myself who identify themselves as Tea Party types who stayed home, my good friends on this site notwithstanding.

Mitt Romney didn't lose in 2012 because of Tea Party support -- he lost because the Tea Party rejected him!

Thank you! Someone gets it. :ThmbUp:

Boxcar