PDA

View Full Version : Ramon Dominguez

lamboguy
11-03-2013, 02:56 PM
i just spent the whole weekend with Sharon and Ramon. we went back and forth to the track and had breakfast and dinner together. i can see why everyone loves him. he is one classy well spoken person.i told him not to come back and ride horses, but somehow i feel he is not going to listen to me.

he is nothing short of being a great role model, he impressed me like no other jockey that i have ever known.

Robert Fischer
11-03-2013, 02:58 PM
Ramon is the best.

PoloUK6108
11-03-2013, 03:01 PM
i just spent the whole weekend with Sharon and Ramon. we went back and forth to the track and had breakfast and dinner together. i can see why everyone loves him. he is one classy well spoken person.i told him not to come back and ride horses, but somehow i feel he is not going to listen to me.

he is nothing short of being a great role model, he impressed me like no other jockey that i have ever known.

You think he'll be back?? I thought he was finished, doctors orders?

Stillriledup
11-03-2013, 03:03 PM
You think he'll be back?? I thought he was finished, doctors orders?

If the fire burns in someone, its really hard to put it out...even at great risk.

ManU918
11-03-2013, 03:04 PM
Started at Delaware Park... Class individual.

PoloUK6108
11-03-2013, 03:11 PM
If the fire burns in someone, its really hard to put it out...even at great risk.

Great to hear. Hope for his utmost safety, but also his utmost happiness. He's good people.

Grits
11-03-2013, 03:29 PM
An especially humble man, even when so hugely admired and cared for by so many. Its a great part of what makes him so special. He and his wife, Sharon, are a beautiful couple!

the little guy
11-03-2013, 06:48 PM
Granted there is stiff competition, but this one gets my vote for worst BC related thread in Cyberspace.

Shelby
11-03-2013, 07:23 PM
Why?

onefast99
11-03-2013, 07:31 PM
Why?
Very good question! I hope RD does comeback. He is a great competitor.

shouldacoulda
11-03-2013, 08:58 PM
I watched the video of the interview Migliore did with Ramone. It was a good interview but you could see he wasn't done. I would like to see him come back but not if it would be detrimental to his health. I was thinking of him during the BC and how it must be eating away at him to not be out there. He was all class during the interview.

I have a picture of him on Gio Ponte that is locked up on a hard drive from an old computer. It's up close as he was coming out the end of the tunnel during a race the day of the 2009 or 2010 Belmont. It's a great shot. If I can get it off the hard drive I'll post it. I think he might like to have it. It's more of him than the horse but you can see the horses name on the silks.

Shelby
11-03-2013, 09:21 PM
Very good question! I hope RD does comeback. He is a great competitor.

Me too! He's a great rider.

nijinski
11-03-2013, 09:35 PM
His brain injury was traumatic , much more severe than he thought . Doctors wanted him to retire . Should he try to come back and risk even a minor injury . Sad , but IMO no !

nijinski
11-03-2013, 09:48 PM

Where ? what track ? Really ?

Shelby
11-03-2013, 09:54 PM
I saw Ramon and his wife getting interviewed at SA during BC. Mike Smith was with them too. Little Mike galloped by and Mike S. said something like "This must be a sign". Mike was in the middle of telling Ramon that he is going to ride Little Mike just like he did with his same hand movements.

nijinski
11-03-2013, 10:04 PM
I saw Ramon and his wife getting interviewed at SA during BC. Mike Smith was with them too. Little Mike galloped by and Mike S. said something like "This must be a sign". Mike was in the middle of telling Ramon that he is going to ride Little Mike just like he did with his same hand movements.
LG will maybe share a photo here .