PDA

View Full Version : The Pha 76ers are 3-0.

Stillriledup
11-02-2013, 10:27 PM
And they were projected by the Las Vegas experts to only win about 17 games for the entire season. So far they have defeated Miami, Chicago and the Whizz.

Twilightzonian? You betcha! :ThmbUp:

mostpost
11-02-2013, 10:30 PM
And they were projected by the Las Vegas experts to only win about 17 games for the entire season. So far they have defeated Miami, Chicago and the Whizz.

Yeah, but the Bulls were 8-0 in the preseason. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

thaskalos
11-02-2013, 10:55 PM
The Sixers started the 2006-2007 season 3 and 0 too, but saw their record slip to 5 and 18 later in the season...if I am not mistaken.

Quagmire
11-02-2013, 11:12 PM
When do playoff tickets go on sale?

cj's dad
11-03-2013, 12:14 AM
It's the NBA; does anyone really care?

ManU918
11-03-2013, 10:37 AM
The Sixers started the 2006-2007 season 3 and 0 too, but saw their record slip to 5 and 18 later in the season...if I am not mistaken.

Yea but hey also traded one of the best players to ever step on a court (Iverson) somewhere within those 23 games...

This is all in the NBA thread but this team is young, talented and loves to play together... Not to mention their coach seems top be top notch. MCW has quickly established himself as one of the best young players in the entire league. He is scary good. Oh yea and btw the Sixers have the lowest team salary at 47 million... The next closest team is the Phoenix Suns at 52 million... It gets better... Our number 1 pick from this season wont see the court until next season... But wait there's more... The Sixers will have two first round draft picks in the 2014 draft... Thanks to the Pelicans trading us Noel and their 2014 1st round pick for Jrue Holiday.

This team is going to be good for a very long time.

ManU918
11-03-2013, 10:42 AM
When do playoff tickets go on sale?

The Bucks at 6 games under .500 last year made the playoffs... The Sixers were the first team out 4 games behind them... I hope your not being sarcastic and saying this team can't make the playoffs.

ManU918
11-03-2013, 10:43 AM

All three of their wins have come as underdogs of nine points or more... Pretty impressive... I wonder if that has even been done before in the NBA. Curious to see what tomorrow's line vs the Warriors will be.

ManU918
11-03-2013, 10:49 AM
It's the NBA; does anyone really care?

Honestly yes... Its actually really exciting to see a bunch of young players in the starting lineup who are hungry and hard working... These aren't a bunch of guys making $18 plus million a season. The entire starting lineup is making $5 million less than Kobe this season.

Robert Fischer
11-03-2013, 04:32 PM
That rookie PG isn't bad. He has good size and is cool under pressure.
The 76ers have a long way to go. It's harder than drafting 1 or 2 guys to move a small-market(small in terms of the current picture / not necessarily revenue,location,etc) into a serious contender. See Miami Heat. Lot of MAJOR pieces and investment along side of The League's blessing.

Wiggins, the 1st round pick that everyone is going crazy for(suggesting to tank the season) reminds me a little of Tracy McGrady physically = haven't seen him play enough to get on the bandwagon yet.

TheEdge07
11-03-2013, 05:12 PM
Yea but hey also traded one of the best players to ever step on a court (Iverson) somewhere within those 23 games...

This is all in the NBA thread but this team is young, talented and loves to play together... Not to mention their coach seems top be top notch. MCW has quickly established himself as one of the best young players in the entire league. He is scary good. Oh yea and btw the Sixers have the lowest team salary at 47 million... The next closest team is the Phoenix Suns at 52 million... It gets better... Our number 1 pick from this season wont see the court until next season... But wait there's more... The Sixers will have two first round draft picks in the 2014 draft... Thanks to the Pelicans trading us Noel and their 2014 1st round pick for Jrue Holiday.

This team is going to be good for a very long time.

Iverson isnt on the same planet as Isiah Thomas..Iverson was great not top 3 guard of all time maybe not even top 5

ManU918
11-03-2013, 05:31 PM
Iverson isnt on the same planet as Isiah Thomas..Iverson was great not top 3 guard of all time maybe not even top 5

Are you on drugs? Where in anything I ever wrote am I comparing Allen Iverson to Isiah Thomas? They are two completely different players. Again where did I ever say Iverson was a top 3 or top 5 anything? All I said was that Iverson is one of the greatest players in NBA history... That's it... Didn't compare him to no one or give him a number ranking.... Lay off the pipe.

TheEdge07
11-03-2013, 05:35 PM
Are you on drugs? Where in anything I ever wrote am I comparing Allen Iverson to Isiah Thomas? They are two completely different players. Again where did I ever say Iverson was a top 3 or top 5 anything? All I said was that Iverson is one of the greatest players in NBA history... That's it... Didn't compare him to no one or give him a number ranking.... Lay off the pipe.

just sayin...

ManU918
11-03-2013, 05:44 PM
That rookie PG isn't bad. He has good size and is cool under pressure.
The 76ers have a long way to go. It's harder than drafting 1 or 2 guys to move a small-market(small in terms of the current picture / not necessarily revenue,location,etc) into a serious contender. See Miami Heat. Lot of MAJOR pieces and investment along side of The League's blessing.

Wiggins, the 1st round pick that everyone is going crazy for(suggesting to tank the season) reminds me a little of Tracy McGrady physically = haven't seen him play enough to get on the bandwagon yet.

You act as if I said they are going to win something this year... All I am saying is that they are playing good ball and have a bright future.

Miami is in the final year of them being competitive for about 10 years. The "Big 3" all have player options after this year. I think Bosh and Wade will stay because no one in their right mind would even think to give them 20 million a season but LeBron is leaving. He barely won last year with the surrounding pieces and it took a 38 year old Ray Allen to ice it. Next year they lose Ray Allen, Battier, Lewis, Chalmers, Jones, Beasley, Oden...James, Bosh, Wade, Haslem, and Anthony all have player options. Going to be ugly down there.

The Sixers aren't going to be bad enough to get Wiggins... That pick will go to a team like Boston.

Robert Fischer
11-03-2013, 05:56 PM
You act as if I said they are going to win something this year... All I am saying is that they are playing good ball and have a bright future.

Miami is in the final year of them being competitive for about 10 years. The "Big 3" all have player options after this year. I think Bosh and Wade will stay because no one in their right mind would even think to give them 20 million a season but LeBron is leaving. He barely won last year with the surrounding pieces and it took a 38 year old Ray Allen to ice it. Next year they lose Ray Allen, Battier, Lewis, Chalmers, Jones, Beasley, Oden...James, Bosh, Wade, Haslem, and Anthony all have player options. Going to be ugly down there.

The Sixers aren't going to be bad enough to get Wiggins... That pick will go to a team like Boston.

I'd rather see a competitive league than a LeBron dynasty. At this point it boils down to how healthy they can keep Wade.

Has David Stern let Adam Silver take the wheel yet ?

I hope LeBron doesn't go right over to another heavy favorite.

I was heavy into the NBA as a kid, at this point I just like to see a good game once in a while.

ManU918
11-03-2013, 06:17 PM
I'd rather see a competitive league than a LeBron dynasty. At this point it boils down to how healthy they can keep Wade.

Has David Stern let Adam Silver take the wheel yet ?

I hope LeBron doesn't go right over to another heavy favorite.

I was heavy into the NBA as a kid, at this point I just like to see a good game once in a while.

Even if Wade is healthy at the end of the season... Everyone knows he is a ticking time bomb. I think LeBron and the people on his team know that he has to leave Miami to give himself the best chance in the future to secure multiple more titles.

Silver takes over on February 1st.

Wherever LeBron goes they will turn into a top team if not the top team... There are 10 teams next year that will have $20 plus million to offer him... Of the ten I think his best options in no order are the Cavs, Kings and Sixers. They all have young talented players and all can afford to add another piece other then LeBron.

I'm not sure how old you are but as far back as the NBA dates... Teams who won Championships had multiple Stars. Nothing has really changed. Sure LeBron jumped ship but that was the right move for all parties. He was never going to win in Cleveland with the supporting cast he had....Now if he goes back there they have a supporting cast that will surely bring Cleveland a championship. Kyrie Irving is incredible... Waiters is a good young player... We will have to see what happens with Bynum... Bennett is a question mark... But they too have enough space to add Lebron and X so its definitely a possibility.

cj
11-03-2013, 10:32 PM
I found it interesting the Thunder were big favorites over the Suns well before the announcement that Westbrook was coming back. They had to know to make the line as big as it was.

magwell
11-03-2013, 10:57 PM
Before they will let Lebron leave they will offer to let him buy into a piece of the team to stay, (if it comes to that)..... ;)

cj's dad
11-03-2013, 11:26 PM
FWIW- Walt Bellamy ( the BIG Bell) died this weekend. He played at Indiana and was the 1st draft choice of the Baltimore Bullets in the late 60's. RIP

ManU918
11-04-2013, 04:02 AM
Before they will let Lebron leave they will offer to let him buy into a piece of the team to stay, (if it comes to that)..... ;)

You can't own any portion of a team and be a player... Before Jordan made his 2nd comeback and played for the Wizards he had to sell what equity he owned.

magwell
11-04-2013, 08:36 AM
You can't own any portion of a team and be a player... Before Jordan made his 2nd comeback and played for the Wizards he had to sell what equity he owned. I said "offer" :) to show how much they want him to stay, Miami would be even more devastated than Cleveland was if he left.........The fans would go "real" nuts, if he even hinted at leaving, the Heat is all the Miami sport fans have going for them, weak baseball, football, and hockey teams.....:)

cj
11-04-2013, 09:05 AM
I said "offer" :) to show how much they want him to stay, Miami would be even more devastated than Cleveland was if he left.........The fans would go "real" nuts, if he even hinted at leaving, the Heat is all the Miami sport fans have going for them, weak baseball, football, and hockey teams.....:)

What good does it do to offer somebody something everyone knows you can't give him?

magwell
11-04-2013, 09:16 AM
What good does it do to offer somebody something everyone knows you can't give him? Just a gesture to show how much they want him to stay....... he just about owns "the heart" of city already .....;)

ManU918
11-04-2013, 09:24 AM
Just a gesture to show how much they want him to stay....... he just about owns "the heart" of city already .....;)

This has to be one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read. Hey LeBron we will give you half of the team if you stay.... Oh yea one thing before you sign the papers...we really cant give you any equity but just wanted to show you how much we want you here.

Miami fans need to take off the blinders... This is their last year with LeBron...If they are to dumb to realize that... It actually wouldn't surprise me given these are the fans that left an NBA finals game before it was over... Only to miss the Heat win in OT.

magwell
11-04-2013, 09:51 AM
This has to be one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read. Hey LeBron we will give you half of the team if you stay.... Oh yea one thing before you sign the papers...we really cant give you any equity but just wanted to show you how much we want you here.

Miami fans need to take off the blinders... This is their last year with LeBron...If they are to dumb to realize that... It actually wouldn't surprise me given these are the fans that left an NBA finals game before it was over... Only to miss the Heat win in OT. He wont go to the 76's that's what is ridiculous here.... sounds like some jealousy ......:lol:

magwell
11-04-2013, 09:57 AM
I happen to be at that game, didn't see people leaving where I was, and its called blinkers....:rolleyes:

ManU918
11-04-2013, 10:10 AM
He wont go to the 76's that's what is ridiculous here.... sounds like some jealousy ......:lol:

I never once said he is going to the Sixers. They just happen to be one of the few teams who can offer him what he is looking for. A young talented supporting cast, enough money to sign him to a fat long-term deal and enough money to sign another big name player.

ManU918
11-04-2013, 10:20 AM
I happen to be at that game, didn't see people leaving where I was, and its called blinkers....:rolleyes:

You were there and didn't see people leaving?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/miami-heat-fans-leave-nba-finals-game-6-051052669.html (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/miami-heat-fans-leave-nba-finals-game-6-051052669.html)

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/blinder

Never once in my entire life have I heard someone say "take off the blinkers" when referring to a human being that has tunnel vision.

magwell
11-04-2013, 10:51 AM
Where I was we were in shock that the game was slipping away from the Heat, I'm sure people might have left, but not the "real" fans, Ive had enough of your nonsense, lets just let it go OK ?........Go Heat

Valuist
11-04-2013, 12:47 PM
This Sixers team an OVER machine so far. Run and gun.

Valuist
11-05-2013, 04:42 PM
Reality check when Golden State came to town. Final margin was 20, but at one point the Warriors were up by 39. This team is going to give up A TON of points.

ManU918
11-05-2013, 04:45 PM
Reality check when Golden State came to town. Final margin was 20, but at one point the Warriors were up by 39. This team is going to give up A TON of points.

Not gonna win them all. Curious to see how they bounce back tomorrow.

Valuist
11-07-2013, 03:42 PM
3-0 start. Will they have six wins by New Years? Its not a lock.

Funny to hear some of the overreactions. An ESPN writer had the Sixers 30th to start the season and moved them up to 13th after one week....a ridiculous overreaction.

Stillriledup
11-07-2013, 03:46 PM
Reality Check Time!

magwell
11-07-2013, 04:57 PM
Maybe Lebron will go to the 76 rs after next year........:rolleyes:

ManU918
11-08-2013, 05:00 AM

Funny to hear some of the overreactions. An ESPN writer had the Sixers 30th to start the season and moved them up to 13th after one week....a ridiculous overreaction.

The media are the ones who ranked them dead last coming in and now they are trying to make up for their mistake. It's pretty clear that the Jazz are the worst team in basketball.

If you don't think they will have 6 wins by New Years I will be more than happy to take that action. I will send any amount of money to any trusted member on this site to hold in escrow.

ManU918
11-08-2013, 05:05 AM
Maybe Lebron will go to the 76 rs after next year........:rolleyes:

I guess you need to make idiotic comments like that since you know LeBron's run in Miami has come to an end. I honestly hope he stays in Miami... Because if he does than they will be a one man team for years to come and won't sniff another title.

magwell
11-08-2013, 09:33 AM
I guess you need to make idiotic comments like that since you know LeBron's run in Miami has come to an end. I honestly hope he stays in Miami... Because if he does than they will be a one man team for years to come and won't sniff another title. Cavs, Kings, 76 s...are you serious ? .......:D

Valuist
11-08-2013, 09:38 AM
The media are the ones who ranked them dead last coming in and now they are trying to make up for their mistake. It's pretty clear that the Jazz are the worst team in basketball.

If you don't think they will have 6 wins by New Years I will be more than happy to take that action. I will send any amount of money to any trusted member on this site to hold in escrow.

I agree the Sixers are not the worst team. Not even worst 4-5. But for ESPN to put them in the top 15 shows just how clueless the Boo Yahs are.

ManU918
11-08-2013, 09:53 AM
Cavs, Kings, 76 s...are you serious ? .......:D

You laugh now but if it was that simple then why didn't he already say hes not going anywhere? Instead he said hes waiting until next summer to make a decision. I said it before and I'll say it again.... I hope he stays in Miami. The Heat will consist of three players using all of the cap space and the rest of the team will be filled with players making the veterans minimum.

ManU918
11-08-2013, 09:54 AM
I agree the Sixers are not the worst team. Not even worst 4-5. But for ESPN to put them in the top 15 shows just how clueless the Boo Yahs are.

I agree... even if they lose tonight a 3-3 start is very good for this team. I am hoping they split with the Cavs (Friday/Saturday).

Valuist
11-08-2013, 01:17 PM
Real interesting scenario here. Its not unusual to see teams in a rematch a week or so later, but the Sixers and Cavs meet tonight in Philly, then face off again Saturday night in Cleveland. Two different tempos here. The Sixers want to run and gun; the Cavs want a half court. I suspect that knowing they come back again tomorrow that the tempo will be a little slower tonight.

ManU918
11-08-2013, 09:02 PM
Solid win tonight... Mission accomplished... Split with the Cavs... 4-2

Stillriledup
11-09-2013, 10:39 PM
KYRIE!

ManU918
11-09-2013, 10:43 PM
Great game... Sixers played really well even in defeat... Down 7 with 90 seconds left in the first OT... come back to force double OT but couldn't get the W. They never quit... Not sure how they were ever a 9 point dog tonight... Time for the lines makers to start making adjustments.

ManU918
11-14-2013, 07:58 AM
Down 10 going into the 4th quarter.... The Sixers force OT and as a 6 point dog get the win.... OUTRIGHT. James Anderson with a huge game 36 and 5 against the team that cut him in July.

cj
11-14-2013, 09:26 AM
Down 10 going into the 4th quarter.... The Sixers force OT and as a 6 point dog get the win.... OUTRIGHT. James Anderson with a huge game 36 and 5 against the team that cut him in July.

I always had a feeling Anderson could play if really given the chance. We'll see if he can keep it up going forward. (not 36 a night, obviously!)

lansdale
11-14-2013, 09:52 AM

No knock against improved Sixers, but the Rockets have the worst perimeter defense in the league, and the worst free-throw shooting (even beyond D12), and Harden wasn't playing last night (and even so plays no D when he isn't in the mood). Difficult to see Anderson getting better than 12 ppg. long-term.

lansdale

Valuist
11-14-2013, 12:18 PM
Houston comes out of that game wore out; off two OT games, including high minutes for starters last night. Perfect setup for Knicks.

lansdale
11-14-2013, 01:27 PM
Houston comes out of that game wore out; off two OT games, including high minutes for starters last night. Perfect setup for Knicks.

Hi Valuist,

Take your point, but Harden will be fresh tonight - we'll see if the rest helped his injury. Also, Houston is one of the youngest, if not the youngest teams in the league, so I think that they'll points on the board. So would take the over, but agree on Knicks to cover.

lansdale

ManU918
11-14-2013, 07:03 PM
No knock against improved Sixers, but the Rockets have the worst perimeter defense in the league, and the worst free-throw shooting (even beyond D12), and Harden wasn't playing last night (and even so plays no D when he isn't in the mood). Difficult to see Anderson getting better than 12 ppg. long-term.

lansdale

Harden was out for the Rockets but you forgot to mention that MCW was out for the Sixers. MCW is putting up 17, 8, and 5 per game... That should not go unnoticed.

The Sixers were 6 point dogs last night and have been dogs in every game this season....That being said they have a 5-4 record... Not bad for a team that was supposed to be the worst in the league.

ManU918
11-14-2013, 07:06 PM
Hi Valuist,

Take your point, but Harden will be fresh tonight - we'll see if the rest helped his injury. Also, Houston is one of the youngest, if not the youngest teams in the league, so I think that they'll points on the board. So would take the over, but agree on Knicks to cover.

lansdale

Sixers are the youngest team in the league... Avg age is 23.9...Second is Cleveland....Third is Houston.

lansdale
11-15-2013, 11:35 AM
Harden was out for the Rockets but you forgot to mention that MCW was out for the Sixers. MCW is putting up 17, 8, and 5 per game... That should not go unnoticed.

The Sixers were 6 point dogs last night and have been dogs in every game this season....That being said they have a 5-4 record... Not bad for a team that was supposed to be the worst in the league.

Hi ManU,

No question, but I still think that, at this point Harden brings more to the table than MCW, who looks like like a great young player. And re youth, I was responding to Valuist's comment about freshness, not comparing them with Sixers. Younger teams handle b2bs better - as the Rockets did last night. But I think you're right - the Sixers have been a surprise - I also see Wroten as having more upside than Anderson. But it's still early days.

Cheers,

lansdale

ManU918
11-23-2013, 04:21 PM
Spencer put on a show last night...

R4Sj0WdRvw8

ManU918
11-23-2013, 04:23 PM

There goes your 6 wins... 6 days short of Thanksgiving...

cj
11-23-2013, 04:24 PM
Certainly better for fans this year to win, but with a plethora of talent coming in the draft next year, winning may not be the best thing for the future.

ManU918
11-23-2013, 04:44 PM
Certainly better for fans this year to win, but with a plethora of talent coming in the draft next year, winning may not be the best thing for the future.

I disagree... If this team is good enough to win a few games here and there now then by all means do it. As you know the NBA isn't the NFL so nothing is guaranteed. These kids are playing their asses off every night. The foundation is being set and the coach is doing one helluva job. That being said, would I like a Wiggins or Parker? Sure but the Sixers are out of the race for those two. There are way worse teams in the league who will have way more lottery balls come draft time. I am ecstatic that going into next season we will have three first round picks in the mix. Noel who wont see the court until next year, the Pelicans first round pick and the Sixers first round pick. On top of that the Sixers will be one of the teams with the most free money to use in the off-season.

Valuist
12-20-2013, 10:23 AM
Interesting situation for the Sixers tonight. The team has had severe defensive breakdowns in their last two games; they gave up 139 pts two back, and got destroyed by the Nets 130-94 on Monday night. In both of those games, they allowed 21 three pointers. They face the Nets again tonight, at home, having not played since Monday. 3 full days off situations aren't common in the NBA, but they are a good time for a team to work on a problem. I'm guessing the Nets will not hit close to 21 treys tonight. Have to look toward the Sixers in the quick revenge, home dog role.

Stillriledup
12-20-2013, 05:03 PM
Interesting situation for the Sixers tonight. The team has had severe defensive breakdowns in their last two games; they gave up 139 pts two back, and got destroyed by the Nets 130-94 on Monday night. In both of those games, they allowed 21 three pointers. They face the Nets again tonight, at home, having not played since Monday. 3 full days off situations aren't common in the NBA, but they are a good time for a team to work on a problem. I'm guessing the Nets will not hit close to 21 treys tonight. Have to look toward the Sixers in the quick revenge, home dog role.

They may have just quit on the season...3 days off for a "down and out" team might not always be a good thing.

Valuist
12-22-2013, 10:40 AM
They may have just quit on the season...3 days off for a "down and out" team might not always be a good thing.

It WAS a good thing, as they not only got the cover but the straight up win.

ManU918
01-05-2014, 08:27 AM
The Sixers have a nice 4 game winning streak going. All on the road, including a very impressive win last night in Portland.....As a 13 point underdog.

Valuist
01-05-2014, 07:53 PM
They've bet a great bet. Wish I could've had em on the moneyline last night vs the Blazers.

Stillriledup
02-10-2014, 12:58 AM
Good god did these guys get punished tonight, Clippers had like 40 dunks, Ryan Hollins had at least 5, quite a few posters and the starters were out with 3 or 4 mins left in the 3rd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDsHemMNXSk

Valuist
02-10-2014, 01:21 PM
That 45 point loss may be the biggest margin this season. Usually the real big blowouts occur when the team is in the first of a back to back. They get Golden State tonight.

Valuist
02-10-2014, 03:25 PM
Just saw the box of that game. The Clippers led 46-15 after one quarter. For the game, the Sixers fired up 100 shots, including 28 from beyond the arc. Of those 28, a mere three went in.

Valuist
02-11-2014, 10:16 AM
Wow. I take back what I said about Milwaukee. At this moment in time, the worst team is Philadelphia. They get clowned by 45 against the Clippers the other night, as the Clips are throwing alley oops off the backboard. They follow it up with a 44 point loss to Golden State, finishing the game with a mere 54 points. Wheels are officially off.

Redboard
02-11-2014, 09:54 PM

I'm still not sure if I would take the over or under on that bet.

thaskalos
02-11-2014, 11:27 PM

I'm not one to say I told you so...but...I told you so.

Stillriledup
02-11-2014, 11:36 PM
I'm still not sure if I would take the over or under on that bet.

They need to win 3 more games to "cash" the over, i think it was 16.5

Is it even possible they can NOT finish with 17 wins?

cj
02-11-2014, 11:57 PM

No, not playing in the East.

Stillriledup
02-12-2014, 01:23 AM
No, not playing in the East.

They have one game with Milw, so they have a chance there.....in that one game. :D

cj
02-12-2014, 10:07 AM
They have one game with Milw, so they have a chance there.....in that one game. :D

Plenty of bad teams in the East.

Valuist
02-12-2014, 01:14 PM

They will win some more. They've clearly hit a wall going into the AS break, and maybe the time off will recharge their batteries. God knows, it can't get much worse than losing by 45 and 44 points in consecutive games.

Valuist
02-21-2014, 08:59 PM
No, the All Star break hasn't done them any good. They got blown out the other night, and tonight Dallas put 100 on them before the game even reached the 4th quarter. :eek:

Poor Danny Granger. What did he do to warrant getting exiled to Philly? Forget the Lakers and even the Bucks. THIS is the worst team in the NBA.

ManU918
02-21-2014, 09:58 PM
No, the All Star break hasn't done them any good. They got blown out the other night, and tonight Dallas put 100 on them before the game even reached the 4th quarter. :eek:

Poor Danny Granger. What did he do to warrant getting exiled to Philly? Forget the Lakers and even the Bucks. THIS is the worst team in the NBA.

They covered tonight's number.

Valuist
02-21-2014, 11:25 PM
They covered those that bet late. Number opened at Dallas -9.5, so plenty still cashed on the Mavs.

ManU918
02-22-2014, 03:03 AM
They covered those that bet late. Number opened at Dallas -9.5, so plenty still cashed on the Mavs.

It was at 9.5 on Thursday morning before the Sixers traded 60% of their starting lineup. Once the trades started happening the game was pulled off the board and put back up as Mavericks -14. That being said I would say 99% of the Mavericks backers out there tonight lost.

Valuist
02-23-2014, 02:54 PM
It was at 9.5 on Thursday morning before the Sixers traded 60% of their starting lineup. Once the trades started happening the game was pulled off the board and put back up as Mavericks -14. That being said I would say 99% of the Mavericks backers out there tonight lost.

I didn't bet the game, and I can't speak for others, but I always try to get the wager down either the night before, or early in the morning (assuming its on the board). Can always take the other side if there's a big line move.

Redboard
02-23-2014, 03:56 PM

That Milwaukee game will be a hard game not to win.

Milwaukee has only 10 wins this year, but has won two of their last ten. The Sixers, on the other hand, have 15 wins but lost their last ten. Monday's game should be a battle with huge ping-pong ball ramifications at stake. Get your popcorn ready.
:D

Valuist
02-23-2014, 08:35 PM
That Milwaukee game will be a hard game not to win.

Milwaukee has only 10 wins this year, but has won two of their last ten. The Sixers, on the other hand, have 15 wins but lost their last ten. Monday's game should be a battle with huge ping-pong ball ramifications at stake. Get your popcorn ready.
:D

I think Milwaukee has a solid shot in that game. Despite having a slightly better record, the Sixers have the worst point differental at minus 10.5 per game (Bucks are minus 9.3). Bucks are 2nd worst in points per game but Sixers are a clear dead last in points allowed; 4.5 points worse than the next worst team, the Lakers. I don't think Philly's home court is worth much, and considering three of their last 5 games were losses by 29 points or more, it would be crazy to lay points with this motley crew.

Bucks 7-2 ATS in their last 9, so the linemaker adjustments finally have caught up. At least the Bucks are trying.

Valuist
02-24-2014, 05:58 PM
Bucks are actually now a 2 point road favorite. Didn't think we'd see them laying points on the road this season, but Philly has really sunk to deep depths.

Stillriledup
02-24-2014, 10:02 PM
Any team the rest of the season who loses to Pha should be contracted and the players should be forced, out of their own pockets, to refund every fan who paid for a ticket. :D

Stillriledup
02-26-2014, 08:13 PM
Looks like Orlando is the team who's going to actually lose to these guys, they appear to be rolling over and playing dead tonight. Still a half of ball to play, but Orlando is making the case that THEY are the worst team in the NBA.

Valuist
02-26-2014, 10:33 PM
Looks like Orlando is the team who's going to actually lose to these guys, they appear to be rolling over and playing dead tonight. Still a half of ball to play, but Orlando is making the case that THEY are the worst team in the NBA.

And they still won by double digits.

So the Sixers have now lost back to back home games by double digits to the Bucks (and trailed them by 30 at one point) and the Magic. At least Danny Granger was given a get out of jail card.

Stillriledup
02-26-2014, 11:12 PM
And they still won by double digits.

So the Sixers have now lost back to back home games by double digits to the Bucks (and trailed them by 30 at one point) and the Magic. At least Danny Granger was given a get out of jail card.

Yes, incredible. It seems that the only way the 6ers will win another game this season is if the team that shows up to play them just finds a way to throw away what would essentially be a free win.

Valuist
03-03-2014, 04:35 PM
Listening to the Pregame.com podcast and they are making the case that Philly is not just bad, but historically bad. They started the season ok, and that may have built up expectations, at least a little bit. Then reality sets in, and they dump off some of the little talent they had at the trading deadline. I guess eventually the linemaker will catch up, but they haven't yet. The pointspread is supposed to be the equalizer, yet the Sixers are only 4-14 ATS in their last 18.

cj
03-03-2014, 06:25 PM
I saw the spread is 20.5 for the game in OKC tomorrow. That has to be the biggest of the season I would imagine.

Stillriledup
03-03-2014, 06:42 PM
I saw the spread is 20.5 for the game in OKC tomorrow. That has to be the biggest of the season I would imagine.

I think that's the biggest, i don't remember seeing one bigger.

Stillriledup
04-04-2014, 11:56 PM
Sixers won their 17th game tonight....."over" bettors rejoice, their total in Vegas was 16.5

Was a little dicey there, but Det and Bos let these guys off the hook. They lost 26 in a row and had to actually win TWO games and somehow they did.

Robert Fischer
04-05-2014, 09:08 PM
Sixers won their 17th game tonight....."over" bettors rejoice, their total in Vegas was 16.5

Was a little dicey there, but Det and Bos let these guys off the hook. They lost 26 in a row and had to actually win TWO games and somehow they did.

:ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

You almost jinxed it!

Stillriledup
04-05-2014, 10:23 PM
:ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

You almost jinxed it!

There was a point in time when it looked really bad for the over bettors, they needed TWO wins and it didnt look like they were going to get any.

Great win for those w Over and bat beat with those with Under..there was hope for a "miracle win" for those guys, but alas, not to be.

NJ Stinks
04-09-2014, 06:40 PM
One thing is for sure - 16.5 was an awesome line.

Stillriledup
04-09-2014, 06:42 PM
One thing is for sure - 16.5 was an awesome line.

No doubt, Vegas is amazing on occasion. They basically nailed it.

Other lines that they were REALLY good with were:

Clippers 56
Rockets 55
Memphis 51

cj
04-09-2014, 06:52 PM
Amazingly, the Bucks are still worse.

Stillriledup
04-09-2014, 07:29 PM
Amazingly, the Bucks are still worse.

The bucks have lost 11 games by 5 pts or less, the 6ers have lost 5 games by 5 points or less....and the Bucks opened a can of Whoopass on Phi on Feb 24th. While the Bucks have a worse record, i'm not sure if they're actually worse right now and if they are worse, its by fingernails.

ManU918
07-11-2014, 12:37 PM
Even if Wade is healthy at the end of the season... Everyone knows he is a ticking time bomb. I think LeBron and the people on his team know that he has to leave Miami to give himself the best chance in the future to secure multiple more titles.

Silver takes over on February 1st.

Wherever LeBron goes they will turn into a top team if not the top team... There are 10 teams next year that will have $20 plus million to offer him... Of the ten I think his best options in no order are the Cavs, Kings and Sixers. They all have young talented players and all can afford to add another piece other then LeBron.

I'm not sure how old you are but as far back as the NBA dates... Teams who won Championships had multiple Stars. Nothing has really changed. Sure LeBron jumped ship but that was the right move for all parties. He was never going to win in Cleveland with the supporting cast he had....Now if he goes back there they have a supporting cast that will surely bring Cleveland a championship. Kyrie Irving is incredible... Waiters is a good young player... We will have to see what happens with Bynum... Bennett is a question mark... But they too have enough space to add Lebron and X so its definitely a possibility.

Cavs get LeBron back...

ManU918
07-11-2014, 12:43 PM
Cavs, Kings, 76 s...are you serious ? .......:D

YUP SERIOUS....Just like I predicted in November... Cavs, Kings or Sixers.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Miami is done... Who's laughing now?.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D: D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

magwell
07-17-2014, 04:46 PM
Maybe Lebron will go to the 76 rs after next year........:rolleyes:ManU is this what bothers you ? maybe your team will win 20 this year ?

Relwob Owner
07-17-2014, 05:11 PM
YUP SERIOUS....Just like I predicted in November... Cavs, Kings or Sixers.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Miami is done... Who's laughing now?.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D: D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Cavs, Kings or Sixers....yes you hit with the Cavs, but the 76ers and Kings? They were never close and weren't even close to being his "best options" like you said. Seems kind of like boxing three horses and having one win and the other two finish last and next to last and saying you had it....

ManU918
07-17-2014, 09:10 PM
ManU is this what bothers you ? maybe your team will win 20 this year ?

Doesn't bother me at all. Sixers getting LeBron wouldn't make sense to LeBron or the Sixers with the direction the Sixers are going in. My point was that the Kings, Sixers and Cavs all had young talent, the cap space to sign him and get other players to help him make a run at a championship again... Your a troll... Your head was to far up your ass to realize that with the team Miami had they were never going to win another title and LeBron had better options elsewhere.

I hope the Sixers win less than 20 games this year. Do you see the foundation that the Sixers are building or do those blinkers that you have on cover your entire face? Noel, Embiid, MCW, Saric, Daniels, Probably another top 5 pick next year and have all the cap space they need to sign anyone on the market. The Sixers are two to three years away from being a top team in the East as the Heat will be mediocre (League wide) at best over the next few seasons and have zero young talent to rely on in the future.

Troll on....

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a532/Oxbow13/Magwell1_zps5a7f2c15.png (http://s1282.photobucket.com/user/Oxbow13/media/Magwell1_zps5a7f2c15.png.html)

ManU918
07-17-2014, 09:21 PM
Cavs, Kings or Sixers....yes you hit with the Cavs, but the 76ers and Kings? They were never close and weren't even close to being his "best options" like you said. Seems kind of like boxing three horses and having one win and the other two finish last and next to last and saying you had it....

I don't box horses, it's one of the dumbest things you can do in horse racing. Anyways about my post. I was simply stating that those were teams with young talent and enough cap space to sign Lebron and help. The Kings could have done the same thing and so could have the Sixers but like LeBron said it was Cleveland all the way and I can't blame him for that decision. They were one of the teams I had listed for a reason (You can see why in my post above from November). You would be naive to think he only went back to Cleveland solely because it was his home. He went back there because the team they are putting together in Cleveland will be a lot better than the team would have been had he stayed in Miami.

Oh yea and in November even if you were to bet the Cavs, Kings and Sixers to land Lebron in 2014 you would have turned a profit. Unlike when you box three horses and one comes in first and the other two finish last and next to last.

Relwob Owner
07-17-2014, 09:33 PM
I don't box horses, it's one of the dumbest things you can do in horse racing. Anyways about my post. I was simply stating that those were teams with young talent and enough cap space to sign Lebron and help. The Kings could have done the same thing and so could have the Sixers but like LeBron said it was Cleveland all the way and I can't blame him for that decision. They were one of the teams I had listed for a reason (You can see why in my post above from November). You would be naive to think he only went back to Cleveland solely because it was his home. He went back there because the team they are putting together in Cleveland will be a lot better than the team would have been had he stayed in Miami.

Oh yea and in November even if you were to bet the Cavs, Kings and Sixers to land Lebron in 2014 you would have turned a profit. Unlike when you box three horses and one comes in first and the other two finish last and next to last.

My exacta analogy may not have been spot on, but my point was that your bragging about predicting he would go to Cleveland was definitely watered down by also predicting the Kings and the Sixers. No way he ever considered going to either.... they may have cap room where was this young talent you referred to in Scaramento(Cousins, Thomas was OK, now gone, thats about it) and Philadelphia(Carter Williams and who?) at the time you made the prediction?

magwell
07-17-2014, 09:36 PM
ManU your dreaming if you think the 76rs have any chance of being a better team than the heat in the next couple of yrs....troll on ? whats that all about ?.......:rolleyes:

Relwob Owner
07-17-2014, 09:43 PM
[QUOTE=ManU918]Doesn't bother me at all. Sixers getting LeBron wouldn't make sense to LeBron or the Sixers with the direction the Sixers are going in. My point was that the Kings, Sixers and Cavs all had young talent, the cap space to sign him and get other players to help him make a run at a championship again... Your a troll... Your head was to far up your ass to realize that with the team Miami had they were never going to win another title and LeBron had better options elsewhere.

I hope the Sixers win less than 20 games this year. Do you see the foundation that the Sixers are building or do those blinkers that you have on cover your entire face? Noel, Embiid, MCW, Saric, Daniels, Probably another top 5 pick next year and have all the cap space they need to sign anyone on the market. The Sixers are two to three years away from being a top team in the East as the Heat will be mediocre (League wide) at best over the next few seasons and have zero young talent to rely on in the future.

The Sixers strategy is definitely interesting but has several potential pitfalls...

1. Their last two high picks have been big men who already have had injuries. History has told us that big men who have never been hurt are susceptible to feet/leg issues. Drafting them after they have already had issues is pretty risky.

2. Will they alienate their fan base? You seem loyal but fans may grow tired of the losing that goes in in the first 3-4 years.

3. Will free agents want to join a team that has a bunch of 23 year olds? Maybe but who knows.

4. Will the guys there be able to overcome a culture of losing that will have been built along the way? Tough to say...

5. By the time these guys develop, they will be out of their rookie deals and resigning them all may be an issue

6. Two to three years away from being a top team in the East? Their 18-20 year olds will have to develop fast for that to happen and I don't see it.

Lastly, they will definitely regret passing on McDermott at 10....the only thing that will hold him back is the fact that he is on the Bulls and has talent in front of him. He is a scoring stud IMO

ManU918
07-17-2014, 09:53 PM
ManU your dreaming if you think the 76rs have any chance of being a better team than the heat in the next couple of yrs....troll on ? whats that all about ?.......:rolleyes:

Just as you said when I said when LeBron was leaving, "are you serious"? 2016-17 season the Sixers will finish ahead of the Heat in the East. You're a troll. That's what its about. Your one of those type of people who sees things one way (your way) and then continues to troll people when they have opinions that are the opposite of yours. Remember when you even went to the extent of suggesting that Miami would offer LeBron a chance to purchase equity in the Miami Heat franchise (Even though we all knew that was illegal but you said something along the lines that it will just show him how much Miami wanted him to stay)... Come on man. Miami is done... They can finish anywhere from 1st to 3rd in the East this year and that still won't mean anything because there will still be a minimum of 5 teams in the West who are better.

ManU918
07-17-2014, 10:02 PM
My exacta analogy may not have been spot on, but my point was that your bragging about predicting he would go to Cleveland was definitely watered down by also predicting the Kings and the Sixers. No way he ever considered going to either.... they may have cap room where was this young talent you referred to in Scaramento(Cousins, Thomas was OK, now gone, thats about it) and Philadelphia(Carter Williams and who?) at the time you made the prediction?

I don't know how your having so much trouble comprehending what I'm trying to say. Are you suggesting that... The Sixers with Noel, MCW, Lebron, (Lets say they got the first pick overall because when I posted what I did in November it looked like they were heading that way) and traded it for Love and signed Mike Miller they wouldn't of been a better team than if he returned to Miami? Also if they did make this move or had any sense that it was possible, they probably would have taken a player that would have been available immediately instead of Saric with the 10th pick overall.

Relwob Owner
07-17-2014, 10:26 PM
I don't know how your having so much trouble comprehending what I'm trying to say. Are you suggesting that... The Sixers with Noel, MCW, Lebron, (Lets say they got the first pick overall because when I posted what I did in November it looked like they were heading that way) and traded it for Love and signed Mike Miller they wouldn't of been a better team than if he returned to Miami? Also if they did make this move or had any sense that it was possible, they probably would have taken a player that would have been available immediately instead of Saric with the 10th pick overall.

Im having a hard time because it made no sense....Noel hadn't played in a year and the rest of the roster is garbage so there was no way he was going there. Is that hard to understand on your end? Now, you are adding trading the number one pick and adding Miller to your argument? Did I miss where that was in your argument to begin with?

You are reaching...... At the time, your saying that he would go to Philly or Sacramento made no sense at all(still waiting for your answer on where all that young talent was on both teams back in November). The fact that you were so far off on two of your three predictions watered down being correct about Cleveland. Pretty simple to understand.

ManU918
07-17-2014, 10:27 PM
1. Have you watched any of Noel's summer league games? He doesn't look slowed down at all. I agree both were high risk but both of their ceilings were way to high to pass on. Who were the Sixers going to take at 3? Aaron Gordon? We already have a defensive minded big in Noel... Dante Exum? He is being labeled as a younger version of MCW with the possibility of a higher ceiling... Both play the same position and neither can shoot the ball so that wouldn't work... Marcus Smart? Another PG... You see where I'm going here. Embiid was the only play at 3.

2. As someone who lives in Philly I can tell you that this fan base is really excited for the future. We have total faith and trust in Hinkie. The guy has a plan that he is following. We appreciate that because when you look across the street at RAJ he has no plan and is burying the Phillies for years to come. Atleast for the Sixers there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

3. I don't think by the time all of these pieces are in place that the Sixers are going to go out and make a splash signing but they will have the flexibility to sign important role players and add depth.

4. The guys here now understand the plan and are excited to be a part of it. These kids are getting the opportunity to go out there and play. By playing they are gaining experience and developing against the best players in the world. All that while being coached by someone who I believe is perfect for the plan that is in place. Brett Brown was a great get for the Sixers.

5. I don't think resigning them will be an issue at all. The Sixers will be able to offer them the most money and in 4 years they will be one of the better teams in the East.

6. I think by 2016-2017 they will be a top 3 team in the East. You can bring this thread back to life at the end of that season and get on me if I'm wrong.

I'll be honest with you.... I've seen Saric play... Only a few times but I've seen him play. He's going to be a good player in the NBA. Sure McDermott (2 years older than Saric) is doing his thing in the summer league but its the summer league. Let's see how that translates to the regular season and in two years when Saric is 22 and playing in the NBA we can compare the two.

Relwob Owner
07-17-2014, 10:48 PM
1. Have you watched any of Noel's summer league games? He doesn't look slowed down at all. I agree both were high risk but both of their ceilings were way to high to pass on. Who were the Sixers going to take at 3? Aaron Gordon? We already have a defensive minded big in Noel... Dante Exum? He is being labeled as a younger version of MCW with the possibility of a higher ceiling... Both play the same position and neither can shoot the ball so that wouldn't work... Marcus Smart? Another PG... You see where I'm going here. Embiid was the only play at 3.

You just agreed with my point...its a risky strategy. I have watched Noel because I wish the Wiz took him last year over Porter. He has looked good but like you say said in your post, its Summer League.

2. As someone who lives in Philly I can tell you that this fan base is really excited for the future. We have total faith and trust in Hinkie. The guy has a plan that he is following. We appreciate that because when you look across the street at RAJ he has no plan and is burying the Phillies for years to come. Atleast for the Sixers there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

I am sure you have faith right now but lets see what happens if the strategy starts backfiring.

3. I don't think by the time all of these pieces are in place that the Sixers are going to go out and make a splash signing but they will have the flexibility to sign important role players and add depth.

Role players go to established winning teams and you gotta hope they will be there by then

4. The guys here now understand the plan and are excited to be a part of it. These kids are getting the opportunity to go out there and play. By playing they are gaining experience and developing against the best players in the world. All that while being coached by someone who I believe is perfect for the plan that is in place. Brett Brown was a great get for the Sixers.

Could be but winning 20-25 games a year takes a toll

5. I don't think resigning them will be an issue at all. The Sixers will be able to offer them the most money and in 4 years they will be one of the better teams in the East.

If the players all pan out(MCW, Embid and Noel) resigning them and keeping a strong supporting cast will be a challenge financially with them being back to back to back

6. I think by 2016-2017 they will be a top 3 team in the East. You can bring this thread back to life at the end of that season and get on me if I'm wrong.

Hard to say now but I don't see it. Maybe a few years later but getting all these young guys to gel that quickly is a huge longshot

I'll be honest with you.... I've seen Saric play... Only a few times but I've seen him play. He's going to be a good player in the NBA. Sure McDermott (2 years older than Saric) is doing his thing in the summer league but its the summer league. Let's see how that translates to the regular season and in two years when Saric is 22 and playing in the NBA we can compare the two.

[I]Will do. Good to debate hoops with ya :ThmbUp:

ManU918
07-17-2014, 10:50 PM
Im having a hard time because it made no sense....Noel hadn't played in a year and the rest of the roster is garbage so there was no way he was going there. Is that hard to understand on your end? Now, you are adding trading the number one pick and adding Miller to your argument? Did I miss where that was in your argument to begin with?

You are reaching...... At the time, your saying that he would go to Philly or Sacramento made no sense at all(still waiting for your answer on where all that young talent was on both teams back in November). The fact that you were so far off on two of your three predictions watered down being correct about Cleveland. Pretty simple to understand.

Yes I'm adding Miller... Read what I said below in November... I can add whoever I want... What I stated is true... The Sixers could have signed LeBron and still had enough money to go out and sign a player like Bosh, or trade for a Love and still had money left over to sign a Miller or Allen. Read the thread before you assume that I said he was going to go to Philly. I said they were a team with the available dollars and young players. Yes when I say young players I'm saying MCW and Noel.... Because MCW is a better PG than Miami had last year and Noel right now with zero experience is better than the center that Miami had... Oh yea I forgot they didn't have a center because they were so desperate and lacked depth so they had to start Rashard Lewis. One of the reasons they got exposed in the finals. Do you honestly think that Miami with Bosh, LeBron and Wade with whoever else in the starting lineup would have been a better option than the Sixers with Noel, Love, LeBron, Miller and MCW?

Your acting as if Cleveland was a 1/5 favorite to land LeBron for the 2014-2015 like the Heat were. Like I said, even if someone did wager on the three teams (Sixers, Kings and Cavs) to land LeBron they still turned a profit.

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a532/Oxbow13/Magwell2_zps08e53f81.png (http://s1282.photobucket.com/user/Oxbow13/media/Magwell2_zps08e53f81.png.html)

ManU918
07-17-2014, 10:52 PM
[I]Will do. Good to debate hoops with ya :ThmbUp:

Agreed.

Relwob Owner
07-17-2014, 11:08 PM
[QUOTE=ManU918]Yes I'm adding Miller... Read what I said below in November... I can add whoever I want... What I stated is true... The Sixers could have signed LeBron and still had enough money to go out and sign a player like Bosh, or trade for a Love and still had money left over to sign a Miller or Allen. Read the thread before you assume that I said he was going to go to Philly. I said they were a team with the available dollars and young players. Yes when I say young players I'm saying MCW and Noel.... Because MCW is a better PG than Miami had last year and Noel right now with zero experience is better than the center that Miami had... Oh yea I forgot they didn't have a center because they were so desperate and lacked depth so they had to start Rashard Lewis. One of the reasons they got exposed in the finals. Do you honestly think that Miami with Bosh, LeBron and Wade with whoever else in the starting lineup would have been a better option than the Sixers with Noel, Love, LeBron, Miller and MCW?

Your acting as if Cleveland was a 1/5 favorite to land LeBron for the 2014-2015 like the Heat were. Like I said, even if someone did wager on the three teams (Sixers, Kings and Cavs) to land LeBron they still turned a profit.

I did read the thread and "big name player" is a lot less specific than Love....as far as Love goes, that doesn't make too much sense anyways because they have almost no assets to give up in a trade to get him other than what you were speculating would be the first pick. The Cavs are proving now that it will take more than just the top pick probably to get Love but we will see!

Im not acting like Cleveland was 1/5, just more like Sacramento(still waiting for the young players you think are there other than Cousins) were like 1000 to 1 and not great predictions

ManU918
07-17-2014, 11:10 PM
[QUOTE=ManU918]Yes I'm adding Miller... Read what I said below in November... I can add whoever I want... What I stated is true... The Sixers could have signed LeBron and still had enough money to go out and sign a player like Bosh, or trade for a Love and still had money left over to sign a Miller or Allen. Read the thread before you assume that I said he was going to go to Philly. I said they were a team with the available dollars and young players. Yes when I say young players I'm saying MCW and Noel.... Because MCW is a better PG than Miami had last year and Noel right now with zero experience is better than the center that Miami had... Oh yea I forgot they didn't have a center because they were so desperate and lacked depth so they had to start Rashard Lewis. One of the reasons they got exposed in the finals. Do you honestly think that Miami with Bosh, LeBron and Wade with whoever else in the starting lineup would have been a better option than the Sixers with Noel, Love, LeBron, Miller and MCW?

I did read the thread and "big name player" is a lot less specific than Love....as far as Love goes, that doesn't make too much sense anyways because they have almost no assets to give up in a trade to get him other than what you were speculating would be the first pick. The Cavs are proving now that it will take more than just the top pick probably to get Love but we will see!

If the Cavs offered Wiggins for Love... Minnesota would insta-take the deal. Cleveland just hasn't made that call yet.

Relwob Owner
07-17-2014, 11:15 PM
[QUOTE=Relwob Owner]

If the Cavs offered Wiggins for Love... Minnesota would insta-take the deal. Cleveland just hasn't made that call yet.

I do think it will take more though than just Wiggins and will probably include Bennett and probably Waiters and maybe a pick. The Cavs will most definitely give up Wiggins because I think Lebron would have never gone there without the promise of Love and they will have to give up Wiggins to do better than Golden State, who I think eventually caves and gives up Thompson.

Good time to be an NBA fan :ThmbUp:

ManU918
07-17-2014, 11:19 PM
[QUOTE=ManU918]

I do think it will take more though than just Wiggins and will probably include Bennett and probably Waiters and maybe a pick. The Cavs will most definitely give up Wiggins because I think Lebron would have never gone there without the promise of Love and they will have to give up Wiggins to do better than Golden State, who I think eventually caves and gives up Thompson.

Good time to be an NBA fan :ThmbUp:

Golden State said Thompson is absolutely not going anywhere.... I kind of believe them when they say that. Love never came out publicly and said he would sign long term with GS as he said he would with Cleveland.

I don't think Minnesota would want any parts of Bennett... The only thing I see Cleveland doing is Wiggins and maybe a future pick... But I can't see them giving Wiggins, Waiters and a future pick... That's to much IMO. Just wait until the off-season and try to work something out when Love is an unrestricted free agent.

Relwob Owner
07-17-2014, 11:30 PM
[QUOTE=Relwob Owner]

Golden State said Thompson is absolutely not going anywhere.... I kind of believe them when they say that. Love never came out publicly and said he would sign long term with GS as he said he would with Cleveland.

I don't think Minnesota would want any parts of Bennett... The only thing I see Cleveland doing is Wiggins and maybe a future pick... But I can't see them giving Wiggins, Waiters and a future pick... That's to much IMO. Just wait until the off-season and try to work something out when Love is an unrestricted free agent.

Latest offer per article below is pick, Wiggins and Bennett....Golden State would eventually cave with KT but who knows. Waiting til off season won't work because the Twolves will definitely unload him at some point to avoid getting nothing and Cavs would be left out. I would trade Waiters either but they may need to and a change of scenery might be good for him because I don't think he and Irving have gotten along well or played that well together

http://www.news-herald.com/sports/20140717/source-cleveland-cavaliers-now-willing-to-include-andrew-wiggins-in-kevin-love-trade-offer

ManU918
07-17-2014, 11:40 PM
[QUOTE=ManU918]

Latest offer per article below is pick, Wiggins and Bennett....Golden State would eventually cave with KT but who knows. Waiting til off season won't work because the Twolves will definitely unload him at some point to avoid getting nothing and Cavs would be left out. I would trade Waiters either but they may need to and a change of scenery might be good for him because I don't think he and Irving have gotten along well or played that well together

http://www.news-herald.com/sports/20140717/source-cleveland-cavaliers-now-willing-to-include-andrew-wiggins-in-kevin-love-trade-offer

Wiggins and Bennett makes sense but if your Minnesota do you take Bennett? I wouldn't. I don't think the TWolves will sit on Love all season but they might trade him to a contender down the line with that contender having the understanding that he might not sign with them. I think at this point Love has his mind made up. The best player in the world wants you... So why not go play with him and see if you can add a few rings to your resume?

Waiters on the other hand has been a trouble maker since he was in about 7th grade. I know this because he is from Philly. Kid was so bad that he wasn't even able to get into a high school that pretty much takes anyone but convicted felons and that's when he went to Life Center in NJ after his sophomore season.... Where he went onto do this (one of my favorite dunks of all time) against Oak Hill.

pgWOfVpFWDQ

PaceAdvantage
07-18-2014, 10:14 AM
You're a troll.Enough with this crap. I realize you're relatively young...and I once acted like a know-it-all at your age too...but have at least a little respect for folks who have been here for some time and are obviously not trolls.

One could call you a troll for jumping up and down and patting yourself on the back while simultaneously rubbing it into magwell's face about the LeBron move back to Ohio...

ManU918
07-18-2014, 10:40 AM
Enough with this crap. I realize you're relatively young...and I once acted like a know-it-all at your age too...but have at least a little respect for folks who have been here for some time and are obviously not trolls.

One could call you a troll for jumping up and down and patting yourself on the back while simultaneously rubbing it into magwell's face about the LeBron move back to Ohio...

Enough with this crap? What exactly is crap? I'm not a know it all and don't act as if I am. I'm someone that uses common sense. If you watch the NBA common sense told you that there was a good chance LeBron was leaving. But yet every time I posted my thoughts on that... I was trolled.

If you posted in this or any NBA thread that we were actively posting in during the NBA season you would have seen how naive his approach was on the LeBron leaving subject.

I'm not patting myself on the back... He trolled me... Therefore I'm showing him that no matter how great he thinks his opinion is he's not always going to be right.

If you're buddy buddy with him and want to take his side go for it. This is a forum... I called him a troll and rightfully so... Anytime I stated my opinion on LeBron leaving he laughed at it... Well now I'm laughing at him.

Relwob Owner
07-18-2014, 10:43 AM
[QUOTE=Relwob Owner]

Like I said, they will eventually give up KT if they need to....this is gonna get interesting.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1504/kevin-love

PaceAdvantage
07-18-2014, 11:29 AM
Enough with this crap? What exactly is crap? I'm not a know it all and don't act as if I am. I'm someone that uses common sense. If you watch the NBA common sense told you that there was a good chance LeBron was leaving. But yet every time I posted my thoughts on that... I was trolled.

If you posted in this or any NBA thread that we were actively posting in during the NBA season you would have seen how naive his approach was on the LeBron leaving subject.

I'm not patting myself on the back... He trolled me... Therefore I'm showing him that no matter how great he thinks his opinion is he's not always going to be right.

If you're buddy buddy with him and want to take his side go for it. This is a forum... I called him a troll and rightfully so... Anytime I stated my opinion on LeBron leaving he laughed at it... Well now I'm laughing at him.I read every post in every thread in off-topic sports.

I'm not buddy buddy with him and I'm not taking sides. What I'm asking YOU to do is act a bit more civil. I don't recall you writing me any notes complaining about how you were being treated by him during the NBA season. Then again, I'm old and my memory is probably slipping.

You like to dance with people on here at times...I get that...all I'm asking is cool it on the troll talk.

Valuist
07-18-2014, 12:34 PM
[QUOTE=Relwob Owner]

I don't think it is too much. Love is already a top 10 player (arguably top 5) in the league. Led the NBA in double doubles. So he's already proven. Wiggins MIGHT become a star. Who knows?

lansdale
07-18-2014, 01:43 PM
[QUOTE=ManU918]

'USA Today' also confirming that Wiggins is now in the Cavs package for Kevin Love. I think the rest of the pieces will be peripheral - with Wiggins this deal will go through. Also a story on Fox about how badly LBJ wants Love to join Cavs. What do you think happened behind closed doors? Potential dynasty forming in Cleveland.

Mike Miller and James Jones have already signed and LBJ is working on the signing of R. Allen, as everyone knows. LBJ understands how crucial 3-shooters are, especially in the post-season, and he's trying to line up as many as possible. Love will fit right in.

Stillriledup
11-19-2015, 01:45 AM
These guys going to go 0-82 this year? Jeez. Seems like they're the Edmonton oilers of the NBA

ManU918
11-19-2015, 08:19 AM
These guys going to go 0-82 this year? Jeez. Seems like they're the Edmonton oilers of the NBA

No they will probably win around 9 games. And if the Sixers can get the first pick overall like Edmonton and land a player like Connor McDavid IE Ben Simmons then please do go 0-82. The Sixers also get the Thunders fist round pick and the Lakers (Top 3 protected) pick.

So next season the Sixers could have Okafor, Simmons (LSU), Noel, Murray (Kentucky), Emiid and enough cap space for 3 max contracts (Which they can use in 2016 or wait until 2017).

magwell
11-19-2015, 11:05 AM
These guys going to go 0-82 this year? Jeez. Seems like they're the Edmonton oilers of the NBANBA could give them depending on who they are playing, like 5 or10 points a half to make them more competitive until they rebuild the team........( Manu dont get mad just kidding).... ;)

ManU918
11-19-2015, 11:32 AM
NBA could give them depending on who they are playing, like 5 or10 points a half to make them more competitive until they rebuild the team........( Manu dont get mad just kidding).... ;)

I'm not mad. I hope they go 0-82. Whoever gets Simmons is getting a future all-star.

Stillriledup
12-22-2015, 09:36 PM
These guys should be fined, fired, suspended, have picks docked etc. but no they're going to get rewarded AGAIN with a top 2 or 3 pick, just awful.

cj
12-22-2015, 10:47 PM
These guys should be fined, fired, suspended, have picks docked etc. but no they're going to get rewarded AGAIN with a top 2 or 3 pick, just awful.

I still like the idea of "the wheel" draft system which does not reward losing.

ManU918
12-23-2015, 08:58 AM

As a die hard fan I love every second of it. Embiid, Noel, Okafor and Saric with enough cap space for 3 max players an up coming lottery pick and a chance at an additional 3 first round picks in this years draft... Lakers, Heat and Thunder... (Some are top 3 and top 10 protected until 2017). This is how you build a championship contender in the NBA. You have to suck for awhile and they have done a great job at that. I would much rather them have 7 wins and get a lottery pick instead of being a 7 seed with a losing record and get swept in the first round of the playoffs. How does any team benefit from a scenario like that? They cant and don't.

1 2 3 4 5 SIXERS 10 9 8 76ers!!!!!!

cj
12-23-2015, 12:39 PM
As a die hard fan I love every second of it. Embiid, Noel, Okafor and Saric with enough cap space for 3 max players an up coming lottery pick and a chance at an additional 3 first round picks in this years draft... Lakers, Heat and Thunder... (Some are top 3 and top 10 protected until 2017). This is how you build a championship contender in the NBA. You have to suck for awhile and they have done a great job at that. I would much rather them have 7 wins and get a lottery pick instead of being a 7 seed with a losing record and get swept in the first round of the playoffs. How does any team benefit from a scenario like that? They cant and don't.

1 2 3 4 5 SIXERS 10 9 8 76ers!!!!!!

I like your enthusiasm, but every team (almost, anyway) will have salary cap room next year for at least one max. Who is going to want to go play for the Sixers?

ManU918
12-23-2015, 08:29 PM
I like your enthusiasm, but every team (almost, anyway) will have salary cap room next year for at least one max. Who is going to want to go play for the Sixers?

Honestly I think the Sixers make Mike Conley their number 1 target. With Saric and possibly Simmons with Okafor they really need a true PG who is pass first.

cj
12-24-2015, 12:28 AM
Honestly I think the Sixers make Mike Conley their number 1 target. With Saric and possibly Simmons with Okafor they really need a true PG who is pass first.

Conley is a really good player, that would be a good deal. He is playing with a bunch of scrubs on offense.

Valuist
12-31-2015, 02:24 AM
I was watching Sacramento the other night; they have some talent on that team, but they are disfunctional. Guys like Cousins and Rondo are talented but also idiots. What did they do tonight? They lost outright AT HOME to the Sixers.

If George Karl had more hair, he would've pulled it out by now.

Stillriledup
12-31-2015, 05:06 AM
I was watching Sacramento the other night; they have some talent on that team, but they are disfunctional. Guys like Cousins and Rondo are talented but also idiots. What did they do tonight? They lost outright AT HOME to the Sixers.

If George Karl had more hair, he would've pulled it out by now.

Kings have been this way during the Cousins era, they have good players, but you're right, it's a dysfunction problem a teamwork problem and a heart problem. These guys lose more games to teams with inferior players than anyone. A team with Cousins as the best player and 'team leader' isn't going to go very far. I've been 2-0 on sixers with cover in Utah and a win in a phx and I was close to picking them again but didnt want to go to the well again.