PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen ....

TheEdge07
11-02-2013, 09:13 PM
Todd Pletcher.. :lol: :lol:

No one will ever convince me of T.P being a great trainer,,

He will show up at Gulfstream with derby hopefuls everywhere half of them will disappear,others will be retire due to RACING,others simply are frauds..

See you at Gulfstream TP..

PaceAdvantage
11-02-2013, 09:15 PM
Awesome thread man...

wiffleball whizz
11-02-2013, 09:23 PM

He will show up at Gulfstream with derby hopefuls everywhere half of them will disappear,others will be retire due to RACING,others simply are frauds..

What poster here is huge on pletcher horses disappearing?!?!?!

precocity
11-02-2013, 09:25 PM
what? this thread :lol:

Speed Figure
11-02-2013, 09:26 PM
Everyone has a BAD DAY!

Stillriledup
11-02-2013, 09:30 PM
Maybe the "rules" arent the same at the BC as they are in Florida? :D

cj
11-02-2013, 09:49 PM
Havana was clearly best in the Juvenile. No way to overcome that post, and yet he almost did.

cj
11-02-2013, 09:50 PM
On the other hand, a friend mentioned he expected Palace Malice to come back better with some time off. After I reminded him who trained him, he quickly abandoned that idea.

TheEdge07
11-02-2013, 09:52 PM
If the track was favoring speed then imo the winner was best..

cj
11-02-2013, 09:53 PM
If the track was favoring speed then imo the winner was best..

I don't buy that for a second. There was no speed bias today. Hell, the first dirt race the exacta horses were the last two early.

wiffleball whizz
11-02-2013, 09:57 PM
Awesome thread man...

It kind of is!!!

TheEdge07
11-02-2013, 10:00 PM
I don't buy that for a second. There was no speed bias today. Hell, the first dirt race the exacta horses were the last two early.

Im banking the track carried Havana...imo hes typical Pletcher horse..ill pass

Shelby
11-02-2013, 10:02 PM
Seriously, Pletcher is a damn good trainer. You can't win them all.

TheEdge07
11-02-2013, 10:08 PM
Seriously, Pletcher is a damn good trainer. You can't win them all.

O'brien is a great trainer,Pletcher is a great businessman...

JohnGalt1
11-03-2013, 08:01 AM
Im banking the track carried Havana...imo hes typical Pletcher horse..ill pass

One angle I consider for the juvie is avoiding most horses coming from a Belmont Mile race. A one turn route is very different to a 2 year old going two turns for the first time.

therussmeister
11-03-2013, 01:09 PM

If you look at the total number of horses nominated to the Kentucky Derby. Calculate what percentage of them disappear, what percentage are "retire due to RACING" (whatever that means), and what percentage are simply frauds, and compare those percentages with Mr. Pletcher's percentages, I'm guessing, but don't know, he comes up much, much better than average.

BIG49010
11-03-2013, 01:19 PM
On the other hand, a friend mentioned he expected Palace Malice to come back better with some time off. After I reminded him who trained him, he quickly abandoned that idea. If you isolate Palace Malice I think the kick back they were talking about really got to him, the jock tried to get him comfortable, but he just didn't care for SA.

PaceAdvantage
11-03-2013, 01:19 PM
O'brien is a great trainer,Pletcher is a great businessman...Something tells me if Pletcher did EXACTLY the same things in his barn as O'Brien (Leo? :lol: )...workouts...feed...shoeing...supplements...hay. ..alfalfa...you name it...the EXACT SAME "HORSEMAN/TRAINER" THINGS...

You'd still be writing the above.

TheEdge07
11-03-2013, 01:24 PM
If you look at the total number of horses nominated to the Kentucky Derby. Calculate what percentage of them disappear, what percentage are "retire due to RACING" (whatever that means), and what percentage are simply frauds, and compare those percentages with Mr. Pletcher's percentages, I'm guessing, but don't know, he comes up much, much better than average.

Much better then average? :lol:

therussmeister
11-03-2013, 01:27 PM
Much better then average? :lol:
Yep, much better than average.