PDA

View Full Version : Ria Antonia

RunForTheRoses
11-02-2013, 03:31 PM
Ouch that hurt. Would have hit P3, Would have been alive in P5 and P4.

I did look twice at this horse. Anyone following NYRA knows you have to respect JE. I also liked the fact that he brought the horse to SA and had a good work-I don't know why more back east trainers don't do that. SA is a unique track and climate.
Ultimately looked a the $9K price tag and said can't use.

How bad was the breakdown? I had that horse and 2 others, wondering if they got interfered with.

Shelby
11-02-2013, 03:35 PM
I feel your pain.

shouldacoulda
11-02-2013, 03:58 PM
I feel your pain too. I played it in the contest but skipped the race for real. After the first 3 races I decided to back off and go lightly, especially after the bombs yesterday. That was a little too light though. :bang: I saw the DQ after the race and thought it was 3-2. Had no idea it was 32-1. A tough card today.
P.S. It was my 3rd choice.

Stillriledup
11-02-2013, 04:12 PM
Got DQ'd retrospectively out of the pick 5, had a ticket that was alive to the 10 to the 1, but did hit the pick 3 (races 2, 3 and 4) so i got placed into a much higher pick 3, and now i'm alive going forward in pick 3s, so it wasnt the worst thing for me.....hard to believe they took a horse down in a BC race....at SRU, you know, we might have paid the winner. ;)

RunForTheRoses
11-02-2013, 04:18 PM
Got DQ'd retrospectively out of the pick 5, had a ticket that was alive to the 10 to the 1, but did hit the pick 3 (races 2, 3 and 4) so i got placed into a much higher pick 3, and now i'm alive going forward in pick 3s, so it wasnt the worst thing for me.....hard to believe they took a horse down in a BC race....at SRU, you know, we might have paid the winner. ;)

Damn, I should have made my ADW SRU. I did have the 1 in the 5th, wonder what it would have paid, $1800? Woulda coulda shoulda.

Even so, I still love the smell of napalm in the morning and love horsing out these two days!

Stillriledup
11-02-2013, 06:48 PM
Damn, I should have made my ADW SRU. I did have the 1 in the 5th, wonder what it would have paid, $1800? Woulda coulda shoulda.

Even so, I still love the smell of napalm in the morning and love horsing out these two days!

I wonder, probably between 1k and 2k for 50 cents would be my guess.

depalma113
11-03-2013, 05:18 AM
DQ'd out of the exacta, Pick 3 and Pick 4. That sucked.

rrpic6
11-03-2013, 08:24 AM
DQ'd out of the exacta, Pick 3 and Pick 4. That sucked.

Ditto.

RR

TheEdge07
11-03-2013, 01:26 PM
Ouch that hurt. Would have hit P3, Would have been alive in P5 and P4.

I did look twice at this horse. Anyone following NYRA knows you have to respect JE. I also liked the fact that he brought the horse to SA and had a good work-I don't know why more back east trainers don't do that. SA is a unique track and climate.
Ultimately looked a the $9K price tag and said can't use.

How bad was the breakdown? I had that horse and 2 others, wondering if they got interfered with.

Bruno was all over this horse in his workout report.

Ocala Mike
11-03-2013, 01:51 PM
Was alive good in the double with :10:

Backed up the bet with a $1 exacta wheel ALL/ :10: .

DQ was another case of abuse of power by stewards.

JustRalph
11-03-2013, 02:50 PM

Oh! The sweet irony!

iceknight
11-03-2013, 03:08 PM

DQ was another case of abuse of power by stewards. Sorry, you did not bet the horse, whose trainer had good stats AND who was clearly griding down the clear part of the track and would have won by a nose or worst case been a dead heat for the win, if the tiring, drifting Gary Stevens horse had not bumped Ria out. I think the commentators did a very good job describing the situation. In no way, was it an abuse of power. I feel your pain, but this kind of stuff happens both ways. I have been Dq'ed out many times and on occasion I have gotten a 12-1 or 19-1 horse made the winner after DQ too. To accuse the stewards, who I think are objective (and not like regulators who regulate wall street) is not fair.

Ocala Mike
11-03-2013, 07:04 PM
No actual financial pain; I collected more than double what I would have collected if the :10: stayed up. The :5: / :10: paid $369 for $1.

I'm just saying (and this is an understatement) that the dq was arbitrary and capricious given the past history of SoCal stewards leaving horses up with far worse infractions being committed.

iceknight
11-03-2013, 07:44 PM
No actual financial pain; I collected more than double what I would have collected if the :10: stayed up. The :5: / :10: paid $369 for $1.

I'm just saying (and this is an understatement) that the dq was arbitrary and capricious given the past history of SoCal stewards leaving horses up with far worse infractions being committed. nice :ThmbUp:

My bet in this race was far far back so it didnt affect me, but if the past history was like that, it is about time they improved. I think horses that cannot run straight need to take responsibility, esp if the margins are so tight at the end.

dylbert
11-03-2013, 10:52 PM
Well, I'm one of the few that benefited from this DQ. I went from cashing $3 show bet to win & $1 exacta. And after Dank & Groupie Doll triumphed, I had P3.

This was most beneficial DQ for me in over 43 years of betting. It was my time to get struck by lightning! Or my $782 DQ as I have named it.

Oh, how did I land on Ria? Horse had 3rd best Pace Fig on dirt after initial races on all-weather track. I've had good success with 2nd time dirt (or 2nd time turf) after AWT foundation. WO, PID, & GG horses often get overlooked, and undervalued, in comparison to KEE & AP horses using this angles. FG friend shared this angle several years ago.

Also, watch for WO or PID horses racing at Delta Downs on Nov 23 Jackpot card. Public focuses too much on NYRA, Ky, Fla, & SoCal shippers.

cj's dad
11-03-2013, 11:07 PM

Really- the :10: came over and the :5: lost by 2 ". Seriously ?????

Ocala Mike
11-04-2013, 11:09 AM
What I said. Taken in the context of the "past performances" of SoCal stewards, it didn't make sense.

Horse stays up at SRU Downs, but then, they all do.

classhandicapper
11-04-2013, 02:00 PM
What I said. Taken in the context of the "past performances" of SoCal stewards, it didn't make sense.

Horse stays up at SRU Downs, but then, they all do.

I got taken down and I had mixed feelings.

By what I think the standards should be, the horse should have come down. But I've seen worse fouls than that not even get a look and I've seen massively worse fouls than that stay up in major stakes races.

Which all gets back to the major point.

The rules have to be clearly defined and enforced equally every single time without fail. If they can't do that job, then you need new rules or new stewards. There's still way to much inconsistency from track to track and even day to day at the same track.

cj
11-04-2013, 02:17 PM
If that didn't cost a horse a placing, I'm not sure what would outside of something like the Arlington Million this year.