PDA

View Full Version : Harness Software

sq764
03-21-2004, 03:29 PM
Anyone use harness software? I ask because I know there is limited software out there for harness racing.. I was always looking for a great program to use and eventually got frustrated to the point of basically creating my own.

In hindsight, I am glad I never found software, but it's amazing that no one has come out with a superior program.

Anyone tried ADPA harness software? Just curious..

penguinfan
03-21-2004, 04:14 PM
If you got my reply to your PM you'll know all this company does is back-fit data, and they are the king of it, complete garbage.

Penguinfan

andicap
03-22-2004, 12:15 PM
There's Pandolfo's Diamond software which got mixed reviews on this board-- I've never used.

can't recall his URL.....google "Pandycapping"

he's been writing a book on his methods for the last 5 years it seems...talk about writer's block!!

Bob, if you read this, I'm a professional writer! I can help you finish this book.

cj
03-22-2004, 02:02 PM
I haven't dug too hard, but I've been unable to locate any good, exportable PP data for the harness game. Anyone know of any?

sq764
03-22-2004, 02:13 PM
Yes, Trackmaster exe files are perfect for spreadsheets.

If you want to discuss what I do, email me at sq764@aol.com

cj
03-22-2004, 02:33 PM
I recall you sent me a file once, but it had all kind of goofy symbols and stuff in it denoting being parked out and the like. Are they still this way, or had it been changed?

sq764
03-22-2004, 03:28 PM
If you use the trackmaster plus files, they are very formidable for a spreadsheet..

I run 3 macros, takes about 15 seconds and I have all the info I need.

Exactaman
03-22-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by cjmilkowski
all kind of goofy symbols and stuff in it denoting being parked out and the like.

Wouldn't you want symbols denoting that cj?

Tom
03-22-2004, 06:40 PM
I use the TM charts for Harness and put those into a spreadsheet.
I use the pace ratings theat are in the charts. Only for MED and WOX.

sq764
03-22-2004, 09:32 PM
Tom, I am curious. How do you use the pace ratings?

cj
03-23-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Exactaman
Wouldn't you want symbols denoting that cj?

I'm a programmer, I want numbers and letters I can work with. A t-bred PP has symbols all over it, but in the export files, they are converted to something you can work with in a program. I'm sure I could figure it out, well, maybe, just not sure I want to...LOL!

Exactaman
03-23-2004, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by cjmilkowski
I'm a programmer, I want numbers and letters I can work with. A t-bred PP has symbols all over it, but in the export files, they are converted to something you can work with in a program. I'm sure I could figure it out, well, maybe, just not sure I want to...LOL!

got you.

fwiw some buddies of mine do fine with excel, vba, and the free data posted by the usta.

bestbet
03-30-2004, 09:21 PM
:eek: I have been downloading the Windsor raceway trot programs from there website free.
Any other tracks offer this service.
Thanks

Exactaman
03-30-2004, 10:13 PM
a number of the smaller canadian tracks do it. no us tracks i know of. you think they would.

netherworld
03-31-2004, 09:38 AM
If you sign up with HPI (http://www.675bets.com/join_horseplayer.asp) (free) you can download lots of other tracks.

sq764
03-31-2004, 09:46 AM
Hey, we have enough brain power and handicapping ability to do it.. We just need a savvy programmer to put it all together.. That is the big problem.

Tom
03-31-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by sq764
Tom, I am curious. How do you use the pace ratings?

They give you four pace ratings, one each quarter. I combine them into various ratings, like
Q1+Q2 Early
Q3+Q4 Late
Q2+Q3 Presser
Q1+Q2+Q3+Q4 Total pace

This is all done in Excel.
I then use the pace ratings to match up the horses and model the numbers ala the Brohamer model.
I tend to favor strong total pace with top 1-3 last fractions, but if I see Presser ratings starting to show up I will play those.
At Batavia, the early ratings are best. I would like to build up a model of how close the horse has to be in each rating to be a winner, but that requires a lot more time than I have spare right now.

trying2win
04-29-2004, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by bestbet
:eek: I have been downloading the Windsor raceway trot programs from there website free.
Any other tracks offer this service.
Thanks

BESTBET,

Yes. Fraser Downs. Their free program website page is at:

http://www.fraserdowns.com/content/racing/download_programs.shtml

In addition, Rideau Carleton Raceway also offers this program freebie. Their download page is at:

http://www.rcr.net/main_pages/programs.html

--At practically every other North American harness track, you must pay for the harness past performances. If you play a lot of harness tracks, you might want to consider signing up for an unlimited download plan at www.trackmaster.com ...this kind of plan can be more cost-effective than buying your programs at the track.

--Estimate how many programs you would normally buy over a certain period, and at what cost. Then check out TRACKMASTER's harness program plan prices. Since you can download the harness programs right from their site, no need to incur traveling expenses to get a program from your local track or OTB site etc. And...who doesn't like to save a few dollars on overhead expenses? I subscribe to the TRACKMASTER unlimited, download plan for harness programs myself.

T2W