PDA

View Full Version : disgusting

tonypp
11-01-2013, 05:35 PM
worst ride of the year,bobbys kitten runs a 22.1 don't understand.

Robert Fischer
11-01-2013, 05:38 PM
He ran a huge race. I guess Castellano and possibly Brown's instructions thought they needed the lead.

Hot pace.

ManU918
11-01-2013, 05:41 PM
That was jockey suicide at its best.

rrpic6
11-01-2013, 05:46 PM
NO LASIX! End of story.

RR

Quagmire
11-01-2013, 05:47 PM
Marcus Hersh ‏@DRFHersh 5m
Brown to Castellano re Bobbys Kitten: "You should never have tapped him out of gate. #bc13 "
Retweeted by Daily Racing Form
Reply Retweet Favorite More Expand

Marcus Hersh ‏@DRFHersh 7m
Ken Ramsey dressed down Javier Castellano as Bobbys Kitten was unsaddled. Plan was not to be on lead. #bc13

Phantombridgejumpe
11-01-2013, 05:48 PM
C'mon - you are better than that.

ManU918
11-01-2013, 05:49 PM
Johnny V will be on him next time out.

ManU918
11-01-2013, 05:50 PM
NO LASIX! End of story.

RR

Had nothing to do with it... He ran the first quarter in record time.

rrpic6
11-01-2013, 05:53 PM
Had nothing to do with it... He ran the first quarter in record time.

Horses run 22 1st quarters in mile races on the turf at Santa Anita every day and hang on to win.

RR

tonypp
11-01-2013, 05:56 PM
yeah going 6 f

ManU918
11-01-2013, 05:59 PM
Horses run 22 1st quarters in mile races on the turf at Santa Anita every day and hang on to win.

RR

Understood. But you cant compare an every day race at Santa Anita to a Breeders Cup race. Against most fields Castellano would have gotten away with that suicidal move.... This is the one day he couldn't do it and for some reason he did.

On a side note as I have stated in other threads on this forum... I am a huge Ramsey Farm fan so maybe I am to emotionally invested here but that was ****ing horrible. Just my opinion.

Phantombridgejumpe
11-01-2013, 06:04 PM
&@$* horrible is too strong in my opinion.

The 1 horse made him work harder than I'm sure
he anticipated. He slowed the second quarter down
a bit, but not enough.

I thought the 2 looked dangerous the entire race,
and thought it would be a cold 2-5 exacta.

tonypp
11-01-2013, 06:07 PM
I don't understand how castellano gets to ride these great horses.He must have a great agent.That was a hero ride,and he was riding the favorite if he was riding a longshot I have no problem with the hero ride.

Tom
11-01-2013, 06:23 PM
I doubt he would have beat the Euros no matter what he did.
They are just plain better horses.

RunForTheRoses
11-01-2013, 06:29 PM

I think so too, especially the winner, that could be a Good Un' in the future.

ManU918
11-01-2013, 06:32 PM
&@$* horrible is too strong in my opinion.

The 1 horse made him work harder than I'm sure
he anticipated. He slowed the second quarter down
a bit, but not enough.

I thought the 2 looked dangerous the entire race,
and thought it would be a cold 2-5 exacta.

But if he was given the instruction prior to the race not to go to the front wouldn't your whole argument be moot?

Quagmire
11-01-2013, 06:33 PM
Darin Zoccali ‏@atTheTrack7 40s
Ken Ramsey: "Castellano will never ride Bobby's Kitten again." #BreedersCup

Mineshaft
11-01-2013, 06:34 PM
Announcers said the horse is very head strong.

depalma113
11-01-2013, 06:34 PM
Ken Ramsey said Castellano will never ride Bobby's Kitten again per NBC Sports coverage.

JustRalph
11-01-2013, 06:36 PM

I bet the horse off of this video..... I just thought he did it easy........and was bound to improve. No quit in that one. These videos being available along with the Time Form stuff (TFUS picked the exacta cold) have changed the way I look at these euros. Especially that youtube has more video of the overseas races.

oPLkAGyB-rE

Mineshaft
11-01-2013, 06:36 PM
Castellano still has 4 rides for Chad Brown this weekend plus 3 more rides for Brown at Aqueduct

rrpic6
11-01-2013, 06:50 PM
Darin Zoccali ‏@atTheTrack7 40s
Ken Ramsey: "Castellano will never ride Bobby's Kitten again." #BreedersCup

Put a few bucks on #5 Granny's MC'S Kitten. JJ Castellano is a classy guy.

RR

Stillriledup
11-01-2013, 07:03 PM
maybe he wasnt good enough to win?

Mineshaft
11-01-2013, 07:12 PM
maybe he wasnt good enough to win?

the horse got beat 2 lengths for everything going suicidal fractions-I think hes good enough to win no doubt

Beachbabe
11-01-2013, 07:25 PM
Castellano still has 4 rides for Chad Brown this weekend plus 3 more rides for Brown at Aqueduct

Castellano has won 30% of his mounts for Chad Brown. I think Brown is too intelligent to drop Castellano; ay least I would hope so.

ManU918
11-01-2013, 07:30 PM
Castellano has won 30% of his mounts for Chad Brown. I think Brown is too intelligent to drop Castellano; ay least I would hope so.

Brown would never drop Castellano... Ramsey on the other hand might.

Robert Fischer
11-01-2013, 07:36 PM
coming up the Ladies Classic

John Velazquez on for Martin Garcia on longshot :2: Authenticity. (not a lost ride, JV is first call..)

Last race Garcia lost momentum while Authenticity was moving well, and could not get by beholder. Maybe JV will get his trademark outside stalking ride, in this small field, and carry momentum into the stretch??

Phantombridgejumpe
11-01-2013, 07:44 PM
Didn't impact my argument at all.

Show Me the Wire
11-01-2013, 09:13 PM
But if he was given the instruction prior to the race not to go to the front wouldn't your whole argument be moot?

After watching the replay the horse broke sharp and really dragged the jock to the front. At that point the options were pretty limited.

Boca Poppy
11-01-2013, 11:08 PM
All you've been hearing about is how fast the track is from every commentator of the game. Also you can see for yourself how many races were won on the front in the last few days.

What would your instructions have been? On paper he looked to be the one to get the clear lead and win on the lead. The fractions got away.....

Give me a break on the Castellano bashing. He rode the way he thought was the best and it just didn't work for him. The fractions got away......

Mr. Ramsey has no class to come out and speak negatively about him in front of everyone.

And Chad said "He asked him out of the gate, I dont know why he did that"

Give me a break Chad, you sobbin up to Mr Ramsey?

What would you, Chad Brown and Mr. Ramsey all say if Castellano sat 2, 3 or 4 off and let someone else run away with it?

You would all be screaming again.

The answer is, is that this is racing, the fractions got away, It was also Javier's first mount of the day, no? He prob was a little nervous.

(maybe another handicapping angle---Beware!- 1st mount on the big stage in a BC race without having an earlier ride on card)

Ease up on JJ

Irish Boy
11-01-2013, 11:16 PM
All you've been hearing about is how fast the track is from every commentator of the game. Also you can see for yourself how many races were won on the front in the last few days.

What would your instructions have been? On paper he looked to be the one to get the clear lead and win on the lead. The fractions got away.....

Give me a break on the Castellano bashing. He rode the way he thought was the best and it just didn't work for him. The fractions got away......

Mr. Ramsey has no class to come out and speak negatively about him in front of everyone.

What would you, Chad Brown and Mr. Ramsey all say if Castellano sat 2, 3 or 4 off and let someone else run away with it?

The answer is, is that this is racing, the fractions got away, It was also Javier's first mount of the day, no? He prob was a little nervous.

(maybe another handicapping angle---Beware!- 1st mount on the big stage in a BC race without having an earlier ride on card)

Ease up on JJ
The turf was fast but fair. That being said, I agree with you. Pretty short-sighted for Ramsey to rip a jockey like Castellano. He'll give you a good ride more times than not. Besides, the alternative might have been putting a hammerlock on the horse, which rarely works well.

classhandicapper
11-01-2013, 11:21 PM
He more or less ran off in his last race also. The difference was that the Inner Turf last time might have been carrying speed that day and there were no high level Euros coming at him late. The pace was fast, but he shook loose from a couple of bombs, the runner up was not far off, and that track was lighting. He ran very well, but I think people are overrating him. He should be better next year when he relaxes.

shouldacoulda
11-01-2013, 11:21 PM
Bobbys Kitten ran a 22.8 first qtr at SAR 8.5f on the turf and won. Problem may have been he only had 1 race other than maiden and it was a G3. The Outstrip won his first maiden and ran 2 G2 and a G1 and did damn good too. I think he was just outclassed by a more experienced field. As far as the early speed theory, that was true for the dirt but not so much on the turf. I didn't see the race but I went with the :4: because of the reasons above.

Stillriledup
11-01-2013, 11:23 PM
Sore loser that Ramsey....does the guy have to win EVERY race? Can't someone else win one for a change?

Grits
11-01-2013, 11:55 PM
We're talking championship day, gentlemen. Instead of ongoing complaining about one ride and one rider ... maybe consider those flying in to ride at Santa Anita from New York. The toughest jock colony in the country.

Velasquez managed one third place finish from 5 mounts, all day.

Castellano one third place finish from 4 mounts, all day.

Lezcano, did better than the aforementioned two, he got a first and a second from 3 mounts.

All the rest of the ITM finishes for the day were dominated by West Coast riders, with the exception of the Juvenile Fillies Turf won by the Euro.

So, is this beneficial that we continue having this two day event at Santa Anita, year after year, simply because Santa Anita has warm weather? Sorry, I don't really think so. Its wrong.

Tomorrow of course, we may have a different outcome, but rider wise, ITM finishes, no, maybe not. Because, obviously, putting some of the best on the best ain't getting it done.

Santa Anita's a quirky track, and just maybe their jocks are far more accustomed to those quirks. This is pretty much a West Coast Championship ... when it comes to riders. So far, at least. Let go of Castellano's ride. Get over it. Look at tomorrow... Another day.

Robert Fischer
11-01-2013, 11:55 PM
It stinks, if you bet him. He took on the euros and he was clearly much the best today, in spite of his third place finish.

That running style on the turf keeps you out of trouble, and when you have a talent edge on the field - trading some pace for a clean run with no ground-loss is seldom punished, and you see horses quickly accelerate through the ranks. Today he stepped up in class, and they went too fast.

After the slow start he had in debut at the end of July, he's been kind of put out front and out of trouble, and demolishing lesser competition(not that $5.70 was a bad price in the Pilgrim Stakes!).

I don't know how much of that is failure to develop style, or how much we can blame on Castellano. Maybe a little bit of both.
Sometimes the jock can be over-confident as well.

ManU918
11-02-2013, 07:54 AM

Ease up on JJ

Tourettes much? You know Castellano is the leading jockey in the nation right? On top of that, he has won the Breeders Cup Classic in the past. You don't factor in "rider nervousness". These jockey's are picked to ride in the Breeders Cup races because they are the ones the trainer thinks gives the horse/trainer/owner the best opportunity to win. These guys aren't bug boys.

Relwob Owner
11-02-2013, 08:05 AM

Ease up on JJ

I agree with all of this. I watched the race and the replay several times. He may have nudged him a bit leaving the gate(understandable with that big of a field) but looked like he had a snug hold after that and the horse went on his own.

That part is debatable for sure and we will never know for sure what he was told to do, etc...What I dont like is publicly dressing down a jock like that. I totally understand a trainer or an owner being upset but let your feelings be known outside of the public eye. Someone smart told me you should win with class and lose with class and Mr. Ramsey seemed to have a hard time doing the latter.

burnsy
11-02-2013, 08:33 AM

Thats point one....point two, that horse was some 6-5....1-1 range in a full field, 2yo race. How can you possibly bet that with confidence? Knowing that the euros will probably be breathing down your kneck? I lost that race but i was not holding my breath for that horse at 1-1. The jockey probably took the only shot he had....anything else....is crying over spilled milk. Those horses beat us up on the square....its grass racing. Taking a price like that, against horses like this, with 2 yo's is kind of nuts in my eyes. I lost on the other euro but i can't bitch about it, the outcome was normal for this race. If he were 4-1.........maybe.

camourous
11-02-2013, 08:52 AM
If the instructions were to not be on the lead and he tapped the horse leaving the gate and sent to the front than he should be ripped by the owner and lose the mount. Guy can't follow instructions, might as well try to find someone who can..

Grits
11-02-2013, 08:57 AM
Tourettes much?

Do you know what Tourette's is? Or what causes it? If not. Look it up. The moderators here do nothing about disability slurs. I do... If you refer to, or call anyone, names like this one more time at this website I'll make it my mission to be your worst nightmare.

And If you don't think I can throw you under a bus? Repeatedly. Try me...

ManU918
11-02-2013, 09:08 AM
Do you know what Tourette's is? Or what causes it? If not. Look it up. The moderators here do nothing about disability slurs. I do... If you refer to, or call anyone, names like this one more time at this website I'll make it my mission to be your worst nightmare.

LOL... "I'll make it my mission to be your worst nightmare"... What is this 4th grade?

Boca Poppy showed signs of a tic this morning... Hence why I used the word.

Being thrown under the bus wouldn't be necessary. I would give my bus seat up for a classy senior citizen woman like yourself.

Boca Poppy
11-02-2013, 09:30 AM
http://www.buzzfeed.com/justinabarca/athletes-who-forgot-how-to-athlete

Mineshaft
11-02-2013, 09:39 AM

Dude catch a grip. Your mission to be Manus worst nightmare is laughable.

SandyW
11-02-2013, 09:46 AM
A sore loser like Ramsey who bets big money on his horses has to blame someone when he loses a bet.
JJ did nothing wrong, he rode to win and did not, that's horse racing.

BIG49010
11-02-2013, 10:32 AM
I would blame Brown, this horse has always been tough to handle, watch his previous races. He has to teach this horse to relax, or use something to get him to do it, or he'll be a bad ass that never gets the job done. I agree the jock shouldn't have let him take off like that, but usually Castallano can get them to settle down, but this is one bad ass.

olddaddy
11-02-2013, 10:46 AM
And if the 2 strong euro runners arent in the race ramsey is huggin Castellano in the winners circle , telling him what a great ride he gave. Better horses usually beat lesser horses.

Relwob Owner
11-02-2013, 11:31 AM
Tourettes much? You know Castellano is the leading jockey in the nation right? On top of that, he has won the Breeders Cup Classic in the past. You don't factor in "rider nervousness". These jockey's are picked to ride in the Breeders Cup races because they are the ones the trainer thinks gives the horse/trainer/owner the best opportunity to win. These guys aren't bug boys.

I dont understand why you even brought Tourette's into this. I believe Tourette's is blurting out random words during periods of silence. The post you referenced was merely him duplicating a thought on a point he was making.

I like reading your posts on horses and on the sports side but I think you can do better than using a disorder to chastise someone's opinions and if you are gonna do that, at least be accurate about it.

Grits
11-02-2013, 11:47 AM
No. I'm not your classy senior citizen. Not when it comes to making fun of those who don't have choices regarding their circumstance. Don't give me your seat, I already stand taller than you, and can probably stand longer, and every gentleman here knows it.

We'll do fine, all I ask is that you not make juvenile references to those with disabilites. Buses usually run every 15 minutes. Its up to you, honey.

I realize I'm dealing with a guy who crudely touted to everyone here ... "all the ass I have to turn down? Man, its everywhere". And you're gonna talk to me about grade level? ... I don't think so. You act like a 14 year old, you're going to treated like one.

You don't like what I've had to say, take it to Mike, Cj, Bill, or TC... I couldn't care less.

LOL... "I'll make it my mission to be your worst nightmare"... What is this 4th grade?

Being thrown under the bus wouldn't be necessary. I would give my bus seat up for a classy senior citizen woman like yourself.

PaceAdvantage
11-02-2013, 11:53 AM

Being thrown under the bus wouldn't be necessary. I would give my bus seat up for a classy senior citizen woman like yourself.The WOMAN has a point. You might get a pass if you weren't such a clown at times...and I am not using the word clown in an endearing way...

Robert Goren
11-02-2013, 12:02 PM
We're talking championship day, gentlemen. Instead of ongoing complaining about one ride and one rider ... maybe consider those flying in to ride at Santa Anita from New York. The toughest jock colony in the country.

Velasquez managed one third place finish from 5 mounts, all day.

Castellano one third place finish from 4 mounts, all day.

Lezcano, did better than the aforementioned two, he got a first and a second from 3 mounts.

All the rest of the ITM finishes for the day were dominated by West Coast riders, with the exception of the Juvenile Fillies Turf won by the Euro.

So, is this beneficial that we continue having this two day event at Santa Anita, year after year, simply because Santa Anita has warm weather? Sorry, I don't really think so. Its wrong.

Tomorrow of course, we may have a different outcome, but rider wise, ITM finishes, no, maybe not. Because, obviously, putting some of the best on the best ain't getting it done.

Santa Anita's a quirky track, and just maybe their jocks are far more accustomed to those quirks. This is pretty much a West Coast Championship ... when it comes to riders. So far, at least. Let go of Castellano's ride. Get over it. Look at tomorrow... Another day.Give SA any day over some east coast mudfest. I don't think championships ought to be decided in the mud.
I find it interesting that people who seldom bet a closer in NY are all of a sudden upset because closers don't win at SA. After the recent BEL meet, is there any reason to believe it would be favoring early speed too? The only difference I have seen is that outside posts actually stand a chance at SA on the dirt.

turninforhome10
11-02-2013, 12:11 PM
I really hope Bobby's Kitten has a chance to mature on the grass without being torn up as 3 yo. Look at his female family and big time names are everywhere.Paradise Creek, Forbidden Apple, Wild Event are all from 3rd dam who is half sister to Theatrical. Would be a shame to ever see this guy be put on the Derby trail or ever run on dirt. If he gets a chance to grow up without being pressured we could have a really nice horse here. But will Ramsey only see dollar signs as a 3yo.http://www.pedigreequery.com/bobbys+kitten

Grits
11-02-2013, 12:11 PM
Give SA any day over some east coast mudfest. I don't think championships ought to be decided in the mud.
I find it interesting that people who seldom bet a closer in NY are all of a sudden upset because closers don't win at SA. After the recent BEL meet, is there any reason to believe it would be favoring early speed too? The only difference I have seen is that outside posts actually stand a chance at SA on the dirt.

Let's see if its better, more fair, today, RG. We'll know. One likes neither, asphalt or mud. One thing about CD, though, its a bit closer to the middle of the country. And its sure well attended each time its there.

Tom
11-02-2013, 12:29 PM
Sore loser that Ramsey....does the guy have to win EVERY race? Can't someone else win one for a change?

Yes.
No.

Run along, now.

cj
11-02-2013, 12:30 PM

It is always possible the moderators didn't see the post yet, no?

Relwob Owner
11-02-2013, 12:31 PM
Yes.
No.

Run along, now.

Thank you Tom. That resulted in a nice laugh on this end

PaceAdvantage
11-02-2013, 12:38 PM
It is always possible the moderators didn't see the post yet, no?I saw it and didn't think of deleting it.

One, I am most likely insensitive to this sort of thing. I didn't think it was an offense worthy of a take-down.

Two, I tend to leave up these types of posts so people get a sense of exactly what they are dealing with...

ManU918
11-02-2013, 01:05 PM
Two, I tend to leave up these types of posts so people get a sense of exactly what they are dealing with...

I agree... Sending out threats on a forum really says a lot about a person.

RXB
11-02-2013, 02:54 PM
And if the 2 strong euro runners arent in the race ramsey is huggin Castellano in the winners circle , telling him what a great ride he gave.

Well said.

dnlgfnk
11-03-2013, 12:57 AM
I really hope Bobby's Kitten has a chance to mature on the grass without being torn up as 3 yo. Look at his female family and big time names are everywhere.Paradise Creek, Forbidden Apple, Wild Event are all from 3rd dam who is half sister to Theatrical. Would be a shame to ever see this guy be put on the Derby trail or ever run on dirt. If he gets a chance to grow up without being pressured we could have a really nice horse here. But will Ramsey only see dollar signs as a 3yo.http://www.pedigreequery.com/bobbys+kitten

I get Mr. Ramsey wanting to see Kitten's Joy's closing kick being represented in Bobby's Kitten, but he may be closer to his dam, Celestial Woods (3 for 18). Her biggest purse haul was in a $30k (nw 2L) 6f dash that she wired at Turfway.

Just a Fan
11-03-2013, 01:16 AM
Ramsey claimed Celestial Woods for 25K, and immediately retired her to become one of his broodmares. Pretty sharp!

ManU918
11-03-2013, 07:57 AM
I get Mr. Ramsey wanting to see Kitten's Joy's closing kick being represented in Bobby's Kitten, but he may be closer to his dam, Celestial Woods (3 for 18). Her biggest purse haul was in a $30k (nw 2L) 6f dash that she wired at Turfway.

I think you should read what you wrote.... Bobby's Kitten at 2 already has two wins... A Mdn and a G3... At 2 Kitten's Joy also had 2 wins (Mdn & allowance)... Kittens Joy didn't win his first graded race until he was 3.

Celestial Woods on the other hand had 3 career wins... None of which were graded but you think Bobby is going to be more like his mom? Makes no sense.

dnlgfnk
11-03-2013, 08:29 AM
I think you should read what you wrote.... Bobby's Kitten at 2 already has two wins... A Mdn and a G3... At 2 Kitten's Joy also had 2 wins (Mdn & allowance)... Kittens Joy didn't win his first graded race until he was 3.

Celestial Woods on the other hand had 3 career wins... None of which were graded but you think Bobby is going to be more like his mom? Makes no sense.

I think the speed he is showing, and the rank desire to contest the pace, in the context of the discussion about Ramsey/Castellano, derives from his dam, which is less effective, of course, than his sire's excellent closing ability.

Ramsey breeds Kitten's Joy to claimers with impressive turf heritage ( http://www.drf.com/news/andrew-beyer-ken-ramsey-self-made-force-racing ). Sometimes your going to get a significant dose of the immediate dam's influence, I would think.

ManU918
11-03-2013, 09:50 AM
I think the speed he is showing, and the rank desire to contest the pace, in the context of the discussion about Ramsey/Castellano, derives from his dam, which is less effective, of course, than his sire's excellent closing ability.

Ramsey breeds Kitten's Joy to claimers with impressive turf heritage ( http://www.drf.com/news/andrew-beyer-ken-ramsey-self-made-force-racing ). Sometimes your going to get a significant dose of the immediate dam's influence, I would think.

How is there a rank desire to contest the pace? Castellano tapped him coming out of the gate in the BC to make sure he got the lead which obviously was a mistake. Look at his first race... Rosario had him sitting dead last. In his Mdn score Ortiz went right to the lead...was much the best and wired the field. In the Pilgrim Castellano had a strong hold on Bobby and let Marvin's Miracle control what was a rather slow pace and once they hit the stretch let him go and he won by as many as he wanted.

Look at the fractions he set in the BC Juv Turf and he was still only beaten by what, 2 lengths? All of this talk like...the Europeans are better...This is true in most cases but i strongly believe that Bobby is a horse next year that will go against top company and win most if not every race he is in. He is that good. I hope to see him run next year in the BC vs the Euros and prove that I am right... If I am wrong I will be the first to admit it.

classhandicapper
11-03-2013, 10:52 AM
I'm not sure I understand the debate about this horse.

In his 2nd start he ran off and opened 6 lengths (which is rare on turf) and in his last race he was running with another speed horse and they opened 4-5 lengths in a pace that was probably faster than it looked on a day where the speed carried well on the Inner Turf.

He's a horse with a lot of potential, but I don't think it was any shock that he was on the lead and the pace was faster than average given his style the last 2 races and the fact that there were other horses in the race with some speed.

The difference this time was that it was a very honest course and much better horses were coming at him late.

If you want to argue he was mildly the best there, I could see that.

If you want to argue he'll be better next year if he relaxes, I can see that.

But that course was lightening fast. That partly accounts for the raw fractions. He was loose from 2 absolute bomb long shots and the runner up who beat him 1 1/4 lengths was only 2-3 lengths behind him whole way. IMO it wasn't as disastrous or as unexpected a ride as people are making it out to be.

Mineshaft
11-03-2013, 11:04 AM
Ramsey didn't have a good Breeders Cup at all.

ManU918
11-03-2013, 11:45 AM
Ramsey didn't have a good Breeders Cup at all.

Horrible... That's why he was so mad when Bobby lost. He knew that was his best chance.

iceknight
11-03-2013, 03:30 PM
Horrible... That's why he was so mad when Bobby lost. He knew that was his best chance. .. the disappointed man from Artemis KY (youtube (http://youtu.be/OURGxxXAXyg?t=2m50s) )

iceknight
11-03-2013, 03:32 PM
How is there a rank desire to contest the pace? Castellano tapped him coming out of the gate in the BC to make sure he got the lead which obviously was a mistake. Look at his first race... He is that good. I hope to see him run next year in the BC vs the Euros and prove that I am right... If I am wrong I will be the first to admit it. Bobby can run earlier at Ascot and show his worth then.

ManU918
11-03-2013, 03:38 PM
.. the disappointed man from Artemis KY (youtube (http://youtu.be/OURGxxXAXyg?t=2m50s) )

Roses in May ran his ass off in that race.

ManU918
11-03-2013, 03:40 PM
Bobby can run earlier at Ascot and show his worth then.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if Ramsey considered this.

Boca Poppy
11-03-2013, 07:37 PM

In his 2nd start he ran off and opened 6 lengths (which is rare on turf) and in his last race he was running with another speed horse and they opened 4-5 lengths in a pace that was probably faster than it looked on a day where the speed carried well on the Inner Turf.

He's a horse with a lot of potential, but I don't think it was any shock that he was on the lead and the pace was faster than average given his style the last 2 races and the fact that there were other horses in the race with some speed.

The difference this time was that it was a very honest course and much better horses were coming at him late.

But that course was lightening fast. That partly accounts for the raw fractions. He was loose from 2 absolute bomb long shots and the runner up who beat him 1 1/4 lengths was only 2-3 lengths behind him whole way. IMO it wasn't as disastrous or as unexpected a ride as people are making it out to be.

Totally agree. You wrote and explained it better than I.

iceknight
11-03-2013, 07:39 PM
Roses in May ran his ass off in that race. Of course, he ran great, and I loved JV's comments after the race. Also, next year Roses in May went to Dubai and was a champ! But I Just recalled the race caller's comments

Grits
11-03-2013, 07:57 PM
Class, you watch races very well, and you describe their unfolding and their intricacies, in this particular case, succinctly and directly. Fine work.