PDA

View Full Version : SA Sun

SAL
03-21-2004, 02:50 PM
Picks for Santa Anita Sunday:

R1 - #1 Red Hair Lady-I think she will move up on the stretchout/turf. Was probably claimed for that reason, she shows a couple of eyepopping works since the claim.

R2 - #5 Reality Check-Hard knocker does what he needs to win. Barn has been hot.

R3 - #5 Cayoke-Faced a tougher field last time and just missed. Will be an overlay if he actually goes off at 7/5.

R4 - #11 Firebolt’s Colony-Been drilling fast in the am for return. Gets shades, lasix and mcl. Trainer’s record in those departments will probably ensure a decent price.

R5 - #6 Lasting Image-Gets the major barn upgrade. Has some big back figs in his resume, I think he will turn the tables on the negative dropping ML favorite.

R6 - #6 Newport Green-Breeding, barn, drills, all say this is a runner.

R7 - #2 Diamond Hope-I think this was a good claim. Had run competitively at higher levels than this, I think he can compete with these. 9/2 or better and I’ll bet him.

R8 - #4 Mazella-Showed she could come off the pace two back, a good commodity in this field. Got knocks against all the others, especially the ML fav.

R9 - #10 – Watchmedothis-Goes back to dirt, drops, and takes the blinks off. Should be right in the mix against this bunch.