PDA

View Full Version : Why does Ballydoyle ship in so late?

wa_kiwi
10-31-2013, 03:06 PM
I have seen them do this for the Derby as well and have wondered why. Seems the horses barely get on the track before they have to run.

wisconsin
10-31-2013, 05:20 PM
In the old days, they would get off the train the morning of the race, head to the track, workout, and then run that same afternoon...maybe the trainer is nostalgic.

I know, I know, just being wise.

And welcome to PA!!!

nearco
10-31-2013, 05:29 PM
AO'B is pretty hands on and also likes to do his last prerace work at home.
It's worked well for him in the past, look at Cape Blanco's three transatlantic trips in the space of a couple of months for three G1 wins.

nijinski
10-31-2013, 07:48 PM
I think they like to keep them galloping on their uphill training track as much
as they can , before the long haul overseas .

wa_kiwi
10-31-2013, 11:06 PM
Thanks for the welcome and the info! Now that you mention it I had also wondered why they shipped back and forth between races. I really like A O'Brien, so figured I was missing something.

Hopefully going to Emerald Downs tomorrow to bet a little on the races.

nijinski
10-31-2013, 11:57 PM
Thanks for the welcome and the info! Now that you mention it I had also wondered why they shipped back and forth between races. I really like A O'Brien, so figured I was missing something.

Hopefully going to Emerald Downs tomorrow to bet a little on the races.
They have some training videos on you tube . Nice regiment , some of them seen walking together very closely in a large group looking like a herd . Very nice training centers .

They all look so sharp , if only the climate and course conditions were the same here .