PDA

View Full Version : Florida Lawmaker Revives GOP Plan To Rig The Electoral College For Republicans

maddog42
10-31-2013, 01:40 PM
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/09/30/2698181/florida-lawmaker-revives-gop-plan-to-rig-the-electoral-college-for-republicans/

"And now, Florida state Rep. Ray Pilon (R) introduced a bill to bring this election rigging plan to Florida (http://news.wgcu.org/post/lawmaker-files-bill-change-how-floridas-electoral-votes-are-awarded). If Pilon’s bill had been law in 2012, Romney would have won 15 of Florida’s 29 electoral votes, despite the fact that President Obama won the popular vote in the state."

Cheaters!!!!

NJ Stinks
10-31-2013, 01:50 PM
The GOP clearly understands it can only be a big fish in a really shallow and small pond.

Tom
10-31-2013, 01:55 PM
You mean a pond filled with legal Americans voting instead of millions of illegals with no ID required, like the dems?

FantasticDan
10-31-2013, 02:10 PM
You tell 'em, Tommy! Votin's for REAL AMERICANS, not those millions of dirty Dem illegals what stole the last two elections!! :ThmbUp: :ThmbDown: :ThmbUp: :ThmbDown: :jump: :jump:
RKM1AAzeRCg

Tom
10-31-2013, 02:24 PM
What separates us from most of the rest of the useless world is our right to free speech and our right to vote. Dems see both as annoyances.

Robert Goren
10-31-2013, 02:25 PM
You mean a pond filled with legal Americans voting instead of millions of illegals with no ID required, like the dems?Prove that. Where have million of illegals voted?

Robert Goren
10-31-2013, 02:34 PM
We actual have that plan in Nebraska. The GOP here hates it because Obama managed to get 1 electoral vote in 2008 from the congressional district which includes Omaha. It is the only electoral vote a democrat has gotten out of this state since LBJ.

PaceAdvantage
10-31-2013, 03:32 PM
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/09/30/2698181/florida-lawmaker-revives-gop-plan-to-rig-the-electoral-college-for-republicans/

"And now, Florida state Rep. Ray Pilon (R) introduced a bill to bring this election rigging plan to Florida (http://news.wgcu.org/post/lawmaker-files-bill-change-how-floridas-electoral-votes-are-awarded). If Pilon’s bill had been law in 2012, Romney would have won 15 of Florida’s 29 electoral votes, despite the fact that President Obama won the popular vote in the state."

Cheaters!!!!In conventional parlance, isn't this referred to "fighting fire with fire?"

After all, how many tricks have Dems used to rig elections in the past? As many as Repubs...but you knew that...

PaceAdvantage
10-31-2013, 03:33 PM
Prove that. Where have million of illegals voted?Look at some of the people who have gotten elected (and reelected) in this country...that's all the proof you need. (And no, I'm not even referring to Obama)

Clocker
10-31-2013, 03:42 PM
Cheaters!!!!

The Constitution allows each state to determine how to award or allocate its electoral votes. The vast majority currently use winner take all. Maine and Nebraska use the proposed system.

How is it rigging or cheating if the people voluntarily opt for a Constitutional method?

TJDave
10-31-2013, 04:23 PM
How is it rigging or cheating if the people voluntarily opt for a Constitutional method?

It would be a stretch to suggest that "the people" voluntarily opt for gerrymandering.

I don't understand the need for such machinations. State legislators could simply mandate that they themselves elect electors, effectively bypassing the minority of voters altogether. ;)

TJDave
10-31-2013, 04:26 PM
Look at some of the people who have gotten elected (and reelected) in this country...that's all the proof you need. (And no, I'm not even referring to Obama)

That is only proof of the stupidity, not illegality of the electorate

Clocker
10-31-2013, 04:33 PM
It would be a stretch to suggest that "the people" voluntarily opt for gerrymandering.

People in a democracy get the government they deserve.

TJDave
10-31-2013, 04:47 PM

I agree totally.

That also extends to getting cheated, right? ;)

Clocker
10-31-2013, 05:14 PM
I agree totally.

That also extends to getting cheated, right? ;)

You can't cheat an honest man. -- W. C. Fields

TJDave
10-31-2013, 05:17 PM
You can't cheat an honest man. -- W. C. Fields

You know Fields was an actor, right?

Clocker
10-31-2013, 05:38 PM
You know Fields was an actor, right?

No kidding? I thought he was a Chicago politician!

Tom
10-31-2013, 05:52 PM

No one deserves this collection of bottom feeding scumbags we have here!
Hemmorrhoids have a higher approval rating.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/onpolitics/2013/10/08/congress-popularity-witches-hemorrhoids-poll/2944343/

Voters say they have a higher opinion of hemorrhoids than Congress, by 53% to 31%. More than seven in 10 voters say they view jury duty more favorably than Congress, which musters only 18% support in that comparison. Even toenail fungus rates 3 percentage points higher Congress.

Robert Goren
11-01-2013, 12:44 AM
Look at some of the people who have gotten elected (and reelected) in this country...that's all the proof you need. (And no, I'm not even referring to Obama)We had two GOP senators(Carl Curtis & Roman Hruska) here when I was in high school, whom nobody would admit to voting for. But I doubt if illegals or voter fraud were the reason they were elected though. I must admit that even today how somebody like Ted Cruz can get elected Senator even in the state of Texas is pretty amazing. So maybe you have something about voter fraud. I understand how from time to time a true conservative senator or congressman can get elected( I might even vote for one if I didn't like his opponent), but not these Know-Nothing-Party GOP populists that seem to be getting elected these days.

Robert Goren
11-01-2013, 12:47 AM
You can't cheat an honest man. -- W. C. FieldsThat is not the only thing Fields was wrong about.

JustRalph
11-01-2013, 01:27 AM
We had two GOP senators(Carl Curtis & Roman Hruska) here when I was in high school, whom nobody would admit to voting for. But I doubt if illegals or voter fraud were the reason they were elected though. I must admit that even today how somebody like Ted Cruz can get elected Senator even in the state of Texas is pretty amazing. So maybe you have something about voter fraud. I understand how from time to time a true conservative senator or congressman can get elected( I might even vote for one if I didn't like his opponent), but not these Know-Nothing-Party GOP populists that seem to be getting elected these days.

Why don't you just post a link to the article you read today.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2013/10/ted_cruz_is_a_populist_egghead_the_texas_senator_h as_elite_credentials_but.html

Clocker
11-01-2013, 02:21 AM
That is not the only thing Fields was wrong about.

That's very enlightening. Thank you for that information.

newtothegame
11-01-2013, 05:24 AM

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2013/10/ted_cruz_is_a_populist_egghead_the_texas_senator_h as_elite_credentials_but.html
Ummm just a guess, because then it would appear he is just spouting others words.....I mean we all know Sluethy is a treasure trove of information.:lol:

Robert Goren
11-01-2013, 06:14 AM

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2013/10/ted_cruz_is_a_populist_egghead_the_texas_senator_h as_elite_credentials_but.html That would have been hard since I did not know about the article until you posted it. It was an interesting article though even if I don't agree with everything in it.
Know-Nothing Populists have popping up in American politics from time to time since original Know-Nothing Party first appeared in the 1840s. In my lifetime, it was the John Birch Society in 1950s and 1960s, then into the third party runs of John Anderson in 1980 and Ross Perot in 1992 and now into the Tea Party. It even found its way into the democratic party for a while with presidential primary campaigns of George Wallace in 1972 and 1976.

maddog42
11-01-2013, 07:22 AM

Cheaters!!!!

I suspect it would be legal to gerrymander most presidential elections to let the loser win. This seems to be what the GOP wants to do in key states such as Florida. Indeed that is what they did do in Congressional elections, with the Democrats getting more than a million more votes and still losing control of the House. They are cheaters!!!!!

newtothegame
11-01-2013, 08:24 AM
You all on the left must be seriously paranoid.......
I thought the party of "no" was dead and gone???
Now, here we have "cheating" assumptions being made.....
Benghazi is all about "Hillary".......
The ACA is being sabotaged by the GOP.......

Makes ya wonder, are you all preparing the lines for the midterms??? Maybe even the presidential in a few years??? :lol:

PaceAdvantage
11-01-2013, 09:51 AM
I suspect it would be legal to gerrymander most presidential elections to let the loser win. This seems to be what the GOP wants to do in key states such as Florida. Indeed that is what they did do in Congressional elections, with the Democrats getting more than a million more votes and still losing control of the House. They are cheaters!!!!!You should storm Washington. Or at the very least, lobby your local Congressman to enact a law requiring all registered Republicans and/or all self-professed Conservatives to be immediately rounded up and placed into "reeducation camps" where they will watch movies of Dear Leader and learn to think "correct thoughts."

NJ Stinks
11-01-2013, 10:21 AM
You all on the left must be seriously paranoid.......
I thought the party of "no" was dead and gone???

Let me put in terms you may understand a little better, Newt.

This ain't a football game. The GOP doesn't get a chance to cash because the line favored the Dems by 7.5 points going in and the GOP only lost by 6. In a democracy (you guys do remember we are supposed to be a democracy?) the side with the most points is supposed to win. :jump:

tucker6
11-01-2013, 10:28 AM

This ain't a football game. The GOP doesn't get a chance to cash because the line favored the Dems by 7.5 points going in and the GOP only lost by 6. In a democracy (you guys do remember we are supposed to be a democracy?) the side with the most points is supposed to win. :jump:
That's a horribly off base analogy. It is much more like a crooked football game. In politics, when one side is winning too much, the referees (media) will begin to call all sorts of penalties on the winning side until the score reverses. Based on a myriad of media stories, it appears the fix is in Stinky, so don't try to cash in too early.

Tom
11-01-2013, 04:56 PM
Prove that. Where have million of illegals voted?

I didn't say that. RIF, Bobby.

newtothegame
11-01-2013, 06:07 PM

So then maybe you can explain why a MAJORIY (the side with the most points) is against the ACA yet it was still forced through????? :lol: