PDA

View Full Version : Breeders Cup 26 Page Horseplayer Monthly (Free)

DeanT
10-29-2013, 01:01 PM
Hi Folks,

The emag is out for this month. Because time is of the essence with the Cup upon us I post it here (I hope that's okay)

Thanks to all the handicappers that participated this month and good luck at the windows. Please let us know any feedback so we can continue to try and make this a better mag.

http://www.horseplayersassociation.org/hanamonthly.html

In this edition:

Patrick McGoey won the Breeders' Cup Betting Challenge and over $500,000 two years in a row. We spoke with him as he goes for three.Who is John Doyle's top longshot bet? How do Michael Beychok and TimeformUS's Craig Milkowski feel about Game on Dude's chances?

The Ultimate Breeders' Cup Stats Pack - Four years of trainer and rider Breeders Cup statistics, plus track bias notes for the Santa Anita turf and dirt for this meet. These are stats you may not find anywhere.

The Breeders' Cup Betting Menu: Key times, bet types.

Mike Dorr: Does pedigree matter for the Breeders' Cup?

Melissa Nolan lends an opinion on three big races

Handicapper Lenny Moon looks at some Breeders' Cup scores

More Q and A's with Jessica Chapel, Seth Merrow, Ed DeRosa, Mike Dorr and Mike From Paceadvantage.com.

The Harness Page with Garnet Barnsdale, and a special offer from TimeFormUS

PS: I still find it funny that since about 2003 I reference Mike as "Mike from Paceadvantage". :) Thanks for participating Mike.

Charli125
10-29-2013, 08:03 PM
Just read it now.

I took a little break from HANA to deal with some personal issues, so I haven't had any part in the newsletters till this point. They're awesome.

A big thanks to all of the participants as it's another really good one.

My favorite piece was the questions with John Doyle. I met John at the NHC tournament cocktail party before he went on and won the whole thing. Very nice guy, and his knowledge of the game is amazing. Every time I talk to him I learn something, and this piece is no different.

cj
10-29-2013, 08:07 PM
I kept my answers short, but don't mistake that for meaning I answered them lightly.

Charli125
10-29-2013, 08:15 PM
I kept my answers short, but don't mistake that for meaning I answered them lightly.

They're all good, I don't mean to omit anyone.

The consensus seems to say that the Turf Sprint is going to be a good betting race, and after looking at the pp's today, I agree. I'll put a lot of focus into that race.

DeanT
10-29-2013, 08:17 PM

:D If someone accuses you of that they dont know you very well

You and Mike had the same most likely winner. As far as I know you didnt compare notes!

I have been so busy I have barely looked at anything. John and Jessica mentioned Caracortado in the sprint as a closer. How are his late figs? Does the pace look hot again in the sprint?

I notice Jeff has deep closers at 24% and 1.7 ROI at 6.5 at SA this meet. That makes me intrigued on that horse. Without even opening the PP's yet.

PaceAdvantage
10-30-2013, 02:26 AM
Referring to me as Mike from PaceAdvantage is like signing my checks "Indulto" :lol:

One of these days, I'm going to have to give myself a last name... :lol: Make me all legit, like cj... :lol:

DeanT
10-30-2013, 11:01 AM
1000 or so downloads so far and no one has asked "who is that masked man" yet, so you're gold! :)

Grits
10-30-2013, 12:43 PM
Thank you for this, Dean.

Exotic1
10-30-2013, 01:30 PM
Yes, thanks Dean.

DeanT
10-30-2013, 01:31 PM
Thank you for this, Dean.

It writes itself with all the contributors. I am just a messenger :)

You are welcome from them!

I find them fun to do because I learn something each month.

Miss your post Exotic1. We posted at the same time ...... thanks for the thanks!

LottaKash
10-30-2013, 03:45 PM
Thanks for postin" Dean...I am always glad to hear what other handicappers might have to say or offer. when it comes BC time...

I do ok most years when I do my own consensus thing for the BC...This will add to that I think...:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

DeanT
10-31-2013, 01:17 PM
Thank you John.

Speaking of thanks. Here is a note.

http://blog.horseplayersassociation.org/2013/10/thats-great-response-and-thank-you.html

Thanks everyone for reading and participating. Good luck this weekend.

PS: Check the map of downloads in that piece: Only two states had ZERO downloads of the magazine. Can you guess which two?

cj
10-31-2013, 02:05 PM
Thank you John.

Speaking of thanks. Here is a note.

http://blog.horseplayersassociation.org/2013/10/thats-great-response-and-thank-you.html

Thanks everyone for reading and participating. Good luck this weekend.

PS: Check the map of downloads in that piece: Only two states had ZERO downloads of the magazine. Can you guess which two?

I won't spoil it, but I was 1 for 2. The state I didn't expect is one where I spent many hours betting horses in the OTB. There are plenty horseplayers there.

DeanT
10-31-2013, 02:47 PM
Were you thinking UT? I was. We got FIVE from UT and that was 5 more than I thought.

I figure since those two states are bad for ADW laws maybe that had something to do with it. This is released online only. I dunno. Head scratcher. Figured wed get at least one from one of them.

Good job by you and Doug on the Timeform analysis BTW. Good read.

cj
10-31-2013, 03:20 PM
I was actually thinking Alaska and Hawaii.

Utah has an Air Force base, probably a few transplanted horse bettors!