PDA

View Full Version : Browns vs K.C. Yesterday

cj's dad
10-28-2013, 05:49 PM
I watched this game yesterday and the Chiefs did something very strange in the last 22 seconds; leading by 20-17 and facing 4th down, they attempt and make a 40 yd. field goal. 23-17. So now the Chiefs kick off, the return is a touchback. The Browns run 1 play, accomplish zero and it's game over.

Now, here is what I find strange. The Browns had no time outs. The Chiefs could have taken a knee and accomplished much more than was done by kicking off. Had they taken a knee, the ball would have been at the 23.
The Browns had one play left whether it came from the 20 or 23 yard line.

Why did the Chiefs take a chance on a blocked FG, a bad snap or botched placement? 3 meaningless points IMO.

Some of the actions near the end of certain games are becoming suspicious.

Zydeco
10-28-2013, 06:21 PM
This might be one for The Whizz!!

thaskalos
10-28-2013, 06:39 PM
I watched this game yesterday and the Chiefs did something very strange in the last 22 seconds; leading by 20-17 and facing 4th down, they attempt and make a 40 yd. field goal. 23-17. So now the Chiefs kick off, the return is a touchback. The Browns run 1 play, accomplish zero and it's game over.

Now, here is what I find strange. The Browns had no time outs. The Chiefs could have taken a knee and accomplished much more than was done by kicking off. Had they taken a knee, the ball would have been at the 23.
The Browns had one play left whether it came from the 20 or 23 yard line.

Why did the Chiefs take a chance on a blocked FG, a bad snap or botched placement? 3 meaningless points IMO.

Some of the actions near the end of certain games are becoming suspicious.

"3 meaningless points"?

The over/under in that game was 39. :)

_______
10-28-2013, 06:49 PM
I'd be more suspicious if they hadn't kicked a field goal in that situation. Ryan Succop is 14 for 14 inside of 49 yards.

There has been 1 field goal blocked and returned for a touchdown in 473 attempts in the NFL so far this year. That includes week 8 stats but even subtracting 60 or so field goals this weekend, why wouldn't a coach want to require the other team to score more than a field goal?

wiffleball whizz
10-28-2013, 07:05 PM
"3 meaningless points"?

The over/under in that game was 39. :)

That's how I see it........these players and coaches gonna be retired someday

wiffleball whizz
10-28-2013, 07:21 PM
In fact as the chiefs were lining up for the fg the FBI should have been lining uo the start of a investigation for the millions that were changing hands on this decision

Plus factor in this was prob the bottom 3 of the highest handle games so it would get swept under the rug so to speak

cj's dad
10-28-2013, 11:13 PM
In fact as the chiefs were lining up for the fg the FBI should have been lining uo the start of a investigation for the millions that were changing hands on this decision

Plus factor in this was prob the bottom 3 of the highest handle games so it would get swept under the rug so to speak

As usual Whiz, you nailed it. Absolutely no reason to attempt a FG in that situation unless it has to do with the over/under.

Zaf
10-28-2013, 11:23 PM
Maybe Andy Reed subscribes to the Herm Edwards school of late game clock and last few minutes management :bang: :D

Z

Valuist
10-29-2013, 10:08 AM
Sorry I don't buy into the argument that NFL coaches are fooling around with the spread. Certainly not with the total. Way, way too much to lose.

cj
10-29-2013, 10:13 AM
Down 3, all it takes is one pass interference call to give the Browns a shot to kick a FG to tie the game.

Quagmire
10-29-2013, 10:15 AM
Sorry I don't buy into the argument that NFL coaches are fooling around with the spread. Certainly not with the total. Way, way too much to lose.

Agreed. If Andy didn't kick the field goal then you could easily argue he was playing for the under.

DigitalDownsJoe
10-29-2013, 10:21 AM
CJ stole the words right out of my mouth..Best(accuracy) field goal kicker in the game this year..Great line, chances of getting blocked are essentially none. You give them the touchback and make them go 80 yards in 1 play. Probably much smaller percentage chance then your 100% fg kicker missing a chip shot and then getting a penalty to put them in fg range to put it into OT...I support this decision 100%. This had nothing to do with over unders..I doubt the coach even know what the over under was on the game..

wiffleball whizz
10-29-2013, 11:32 AM
Down 3, all it takes is one pass interference call to give the Browns a shot to kick a FG to tie the game.

As I was walking to the closet getting socks at 8:42am this thought went through my head......but they wouldn't throw the flag and the thing now is lateral passes........

Bottom line the fg stunk

Rookies
10-29-2013, 12:39 PM
As I was walking to the closet getting socks at 8:42am this thought went through my head......but they wouldn't throw the flag and the thing now is lateral passes........

Bottom line the fg stunk

Uhhh... did throw one once against the Bills...
on a Hail Mary ...
v.s. the Patsies...
in N.E. ...

:rolleyes: :lol: :rolleyes: :lol: :rolleyes: :lol: :rolleyes: :lol:

Nada to see there! :lol: