PDA

View Full Version : What's the story with detention barns at Breeders Cup

JustRalph
10-27-2013, 09:21 PM
What's the scenario with detention barns etc at Santa Anita this year?

Lasix use?

Any changes we need to be aware of that might be missed?

JustRalph
10-29-2013, 02:57 AM
just as I suspected..................nobody cares.......... nobody knows?

Which is it? Been looking around on the net. Not a whole lot of discussion about it.

Unlike last year

sammy the sage
10-29-2013, 08:22 AM
if NOT using THE barn this year...well...you can THEN bet Baffert & other's safely THIS year....

just take a gander at last years results...see who's MISSING from the winner's circle....

Al Gobbi
10-30-2013, 01:22 PM
72 hour surveillance in effect as has been the case previous years for the BC and no lasix in the five Breeders' Cup 2yo races.

More details here: https://members.breederscup.com/doc%20repository/other/HIG.pdf (starting on Page 69)

Stillriledup
10-30-2013, 06:02 PM
just as I suspected..................nobody cares.......... nobody knows?

Which is it? Been looking around on the net. Not a whole lot of discussion about it.

Unlike last year

First of all, congrats on 30k posts!

I hear what you're saying, this is an incredibly important piece of information, and it does seem like nobody cares and that all the handicappers are just going to rely strictly on what they see in the pp's.

They are essentially trusting the PP's with their livelyhoods, i'm not sure that's a really great idea to be honest.

I think the best thing to do is monitor the known cheaters/criminals, we all know them by name, see how their horses are performing and react accordingly as the day(s) go on.

JustRalph
10-30-2013, 06:36 PM
72 hour surveillance in effect as has been the case previous years for the BC and no lasix in the five Breeders' Cup 2yo races.

More details here: https://members.breederscup.com/doc%20repository/other/HIG.pdf (starting on Page 69)

Thanks very much............ :ThmbUp:

Stillriledup
11-03-2013, 01:57 AM
You figure a guy like Baffert would thrive in this atmosphere.....how'd he do?