PDA

View Full Version : YouTube video

raybo
10-27-2013, 03:04 PM
I have a YouTube channel where I have uploaded several instructional videos. When I first started using YouTube for this, everything worked fine. But, after uploading a few videos I noticed that there was no way to edit those videos. Prior to that time I could go to "Video Manager" and delete videos or edit their name, etc. Now, when I go to Video Manager it says "No videos uploaded" even though the videos are certainly there and can be watched.

Quite a quandary, as I would really love to be able to delete specific videos from time to time.

Any suggestions?

iceknight
10-27-2013, 06:46 PM
I have a YouTube channel where I have uploaded several instructional videos. When I first started using YouTube for this, everything worked fine. But, after uploading a few videos I noticed that there was no way to edit those videos. Prior to that time I could go to "Video Manager" and delete videos or edit their name, etc. Now, when I go to Video Manager it says "No videos uploaded" even though the videos are certainly there and can be watched.

Quite a quandary, as I would really love to be able to delete specific videos from time to time.

Any suggestions? Youtube has been playing around with Menus etc.. making it hard for us to find things..
but try this link or you can get to my clicking near UPLOAD at the top (see image)

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?o=U

raybo
10-27-2013, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the link but I found that earlier and here are shots from the "Videos" tab and the "Video Manager" link:

iceknight
10-27-2013, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the link but I found that earlier and here are shots from the "Videos" tab and the "Video Manager" link:
hmm.. did you accept any terms of service change with the new "google+" stuff. ie linking youtube to your google+ profile. That caused me a lot of headache and I ended up having two different youtube profiles with similar names and I wasnt able to delete the empty ones for a while. I mean, I could not figure out where to edit those accounts.

Then somehow I managed to find that under some google+ settings, but I was concerned about deleting the wrong one and losing files.

What do you get if you check under
http://www.youtube.com/account

does it show your primary youtube account?

It does show 8 videos on your account when I visit your youtube channel.. Just subscribed to it too.

raybo
10-27-2013, 10:39 PM
Ahhh! That was the problem. My "AlldataExcel" channel was being associated with my primary Google email account. I now can sign in to YouTube with my "AllDataExcel" email account and password and access video editing through the Video Manager option. Now I have to figure out how to disassociate that channel with my primary email account.

Thanks icenight!!

JustRalph
10-27-2013, 10:52 PM
This is a huge problem. Lots of complaints about this.

iceknight
10-28-2013, 01:44 AM
Ahhh! That was the problem. My "AlldataExcel" channel was being associated with my primary Google email account. I now can sign in to YouTube with my "AllDataExcel" email account and password and access video editing through the Video Manager option. Now I have to figure out how to disassociate that channel with my primary email account.

Thanks icenight!! You are welcome. Google+ is completely irrelevant and somehow google is forcing all this changes and annoying youtube users/uploaders. Serious PIA

raybo
10-28-2013, 02:31 AM
Yeah, it seems lots of internet companies are adopting this kind of attitude "we know what is best for you". First FaceBook and their stupid timeline crap, MSN came out with some similar junk, too, then Google mail changed a bunch of things when they had a good email client already. Then Google+, and now YouTube. What's next? Everybody wants to know everything there is to know about you, Homeland Security, NSA, FBI, etc., etc., etc..

We're gradually losing the ability to control our own lives and what little privacy and personal freedom we have left.

iceknight
10-28-2013, 02:50 AM
Yeah, it seems lots of internet companies are adopting this kind of attitude "we know what is best for you". First FaceBook and their stupid timeline crap, MSN came out with some similar junk, too, then Google mail changed a bunch of things when they had a good email client already. Then Google+, and now YouTube. What's next? Everybody wants to know everything there is to know about you, Homeland Security, NSA, FBI, etc., etc., etc..

We're gradually losing the ability to control our own lives and what little privacy and personal freedom we have left. Now now.. this is the "Computers" thread... not Political :lol:

but I agree with you very much.

raybo
10-28-2013, 11:10 AM
Now now.. this is the "Computers" thread... not Political :lol:

but I agree with you very much.

LOL - sorry, this is about as close to "off topic" as I get, it's just too damn depressing.