PDA

View Full Version : Buccaneers coach walking the plank?

Clocker
10-24-2013, 10:22 PM
NFL.com columnist Michael Silver tears into him and says he won't be around for long. Besides a terrible record and ticking off most everyone in the NFL, he has totally lost his locker room.

I've spoken to enough people who've played for Schiano during his two NFL seasons to conclude that he treats his players like children, which is a major reason he has lost his locker room. "How bad is it there? It's worse than you can imagine," says one NFL player who spent 2012 with the Bucs. "It's like being in Cuba."

Several current Bucs players describe a similarly bleak environment in which the all-powerful, unyielding Schiano spews tone-deaf platitudes while demonstrating the personal charm of "Homeland" character Nicholas Brody.

Full article here. (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000268792/article/greg-schiano-losing-tampa-bay-buccaneers-with-autocratic-style)

wiffleball whizz
10-24-2013, 10:41 PM
The rah rah stuff not working

He will land on his feet in college somewhere good......what he did at Rutgers can't be undersold......they were the doormats of big east and right along side of temple and eastern Michigan as being worse team in NCAA before he turned it around

USC, Texas maybe even Minnesota

Clocker
10-24-2013, 11:11 PM
He will land on his feet in college somewhere good

From that article, he was starting to get a reputation as a real butthead while still at Rutger's. With his even worse reputation now from the NFL, it is going to make college officials think twice, and it would make it difficult for him to recruit.

woodbinepmi
10-24-2013, 11:12 PM
May get Kiffined tonight.

wiffleball whizz
10-24-2013, 11:29 PM
From that article, he was starting to get a reputation as a real butthead while still at Rutger's. With his even worse reputation now from the NFL, it is going to make college officials think twice, and it would make it difficult for him to recruit.

Nah.......lots of college coaches get made a fool of in the NFL and then Come back strong in college......Pete Carroll nick saban Steve spurrier all did well

You can't dismiss what he did at rutgers

ElKabong
10-24-2013, 11:58 PM
The rah rah stuff not working

He will land on his feet in college somewhere good......what he did at Rutgers can't be undersold......they were the doormats of big east and right along side of temple and eastern Michigan as being worse team in NCAA before he turned it around

definitely won't be coaching at TEXAS

Stillriledup
10-25-2013, 12:58 AM
You have to coach a certain way in the NFL, you can't talk to these athletes like they're college kids, this guy hasnt adapted.

Adapt or die.

ManU918
10-25-2013, 02:49 AM

Your not suggesting that one of these schools are going to give him a head coaching job are you?

Robert Fischer
10-25-2013, 03:26 AM
Football is a 21st century technological struggle.

The Bucs franchise is in over their heads.

Clocker
10-25-2013, 03:45 AM
Your not suggesting that one of these schools are going to give him a head coaching job are you?

No college would hire him, and no good recruit would sign with him, after reading this article (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--buccaneers-coach-greg-schiano-regarded-as-bully-around-nfl-well-before-kneel-down-incident-20120921.html) about how he treated NFL scouts.

Stillriledup
10-25-2013, 04:47 AM
Football is a 21st century technological struggle.

The Bucs franchise is in over their heads.

Totally agree.

In one example, Tom Coughlin "adapted' and went on to greatness as a super bowl winning coach. He was a taskmaster and the older vets didnt like that. He went to Strahan and the other leaders and asked them to help him adapt to the way those players need to be coached...i think he asked, in return, for the leaders of the team to keep the other guys in line, they had to work together. The NFL locker room is a place where younger guys listen to the vets with the voices, If Michael Strahan or someone like that tells you to 'fall in line", there's a pretty good chance those guys will fall in line.

All the greatest coaches are on the same page with their star veterans who are the "captains" of the team...without those relationships, you can't survive as a coach, players won't listen to the coach, but if someone like Ray Lewis says "fall in line" you listen.

TheEdge07
10-28-2013, 01:54 PM
As soon Schiano got hired i by the buccaneers..i predicted..

Schiano-Miami-after fired at Tampa
Golden-Penn State-he will leave Miami to coach Penn State
Obrien-Back in the nfl after Penn State.

Robert Fischer
10-28-2013, 02:36 PM
All the greatest coaches are on the same page with their star veterans who are the "captains" of the team...without those relationships, you can't survive as a coach, players won't listen to the coach, but if someone like Ray Lewis says "fall in line" you listen.

good stuff

ManU918
10-28-2013, 02:37 PM
As soon Schiano got hired i by the buccaneers..i predicted..

Schiano-Miami-after fired at Tampa
Golden-Penn State-he will leave Miami to coach Penn State
Obrien-Back in the nfl after Penn State.

You think a school in Florida let alone Miami would hire Schiano after this? That's blasphemy.

Clocker
10-28-2013, 03:18 PM
You think a school in Florida let alone Miami would hire Schiano after this? That's blasphemy.

Is there any school in Florida that doesn't already have a better coach? :confused:

ManU918
10-28-2013, 03:23 PM
Is there any school in Florida that doesn't already have a better coach? :confused:

LOL agreed.

burnsy
10-28-2013, 03:47 PM
Totally agree.

In one example, Tom Coughlin "adapted' and went on to greatness as a super bowl winning coach. He was a taskmaster and the older vets didnt like that. He went to Strahan and the other leaders and asked them to help him adapt to the way those players need to be coached...i think he asked, in return, for the leaders of the team to keep the other guys in line, they had to work together. The NFL locker room is a place where younger guys listen to the vets with the voices, If Michael Strahan or someone like that tells you to 'fall in line", there's a pretty good chance those guys will fall in line.

Right on....thats how it works in the pro's. If the vets are not on board, you are doomed. You can't treat these guys like kids, they are hard nosed professionals that make more than the coach and matter more when it comes to winning or losing. When i see one of these old bastards get hit like these guys do today and then get up and do it again...then the coach can treat them how ever he wants. After a while the players get the same attitude...no respect=not coaching around the NFL for long. I live in Ny but i'm not a giants fan...I believe Coughlin was the first NFL coach to pretty much call this guy a douche bag, from the start. Wasn't he the one that did that bush league move of telling players to hit Manning when the game was over and he took a knee? My memory is not as good now, but i think it was this knot head in his first year. The pros have been "respecting" the "knee down" at the end of every game for years. The team is not that good to begin with....a guy like this spells.....debacle. Back to the minors chump! If no one likes you, once you start losing....you are doomed in this league. Just read the article, yup, it was this moron....i was right.

TheEdge07
10-28-2013, 07:55 PM

SCHIANO WAS OFFERED MIAMI JOB BEFORE GOLDEN

ManU918
10-28-2013, 08:53 PM
SCHIANO WAS OFFERED MIAMI JOB BEFORE GOLDEN

That's all moot now. His career has taken two steps back since leaving Rutgers. He isn't going to get fired from the Bucs and land at an elite program like Miami.

Clocker
10-29-2013, 12:05 AM
Wasn't he the one that did that bush league move of telling players to hit Manning when the game was over and he took a knee? My memory is not as good now, but i think it was this knot head in his first year. The pros have been "respecting" the "knee down" at the end of every game for years.

That was just the first time, not an isolated incident. He insists that his players play every play all out, including a full attack on kneel-down plays.