PDA

View Full Version : Keeneland Race 6 10/23

cnollfan
10-23-2013, 05:56 PM
What happened in Keeneland's sixth race today? No chart available and exotics pay ALL.

affirmedny
10-23-2013, 05:59 PM
What happened in Keeneland's sixth race today? No chart available and exotics pay ALL.

Keeneland: Borel sustains concussion in spill that causes no contest

http://www.drf.com/news/keeneland-borel-sustains-concussion-spill-causes-no-contest

cnollfan
10-23-2013, 06:01 PM
Thank you.

appistappis
10-23-2013, 06:34 PM
the 2 was going to win easy but the outrider protected the fallen jockey by stopping the race as they turned for home.

Stillriledup
10-23-2013, 07:43 PM
So the people who bet the 2 took it in the shorts?

johnhannibalsmith
10-23-2013, 07:46 PM

The race was declared no contest literally at the half mile pole. The announcer turned off the mic to answer a call from the stews and announced it before they had made it halfway around the far turn. The outrider was in the middle of the course at the head of the lane. There was a rider down on the track.

I think it's a real stretch to declare that somehow someone took it in the shorts the way that it played out.

Stillriledup
10-23-2013, 07:48 PM
The race was declared no contest literally at the half mile pole. The announcer turned off the mic to answer a call from the stews and announced it before they had made it halfway around the far turn. The outrider was in the middle of the course at the head of the lane. There was a rider down on the track.

I think it's a real stretch to declare that somehow someone took it in the shorts the way that it played out.

I didnt see the race, i was just going on what the other poster said that the 2 was going to win. If the 2 wasnt going to win and that poster is wrong, than yeah, its a stretch.

cj
10-23-2013, 07:49 PM

I don't see how anyone could determine the winner at the point the race was stopped.

johnhannibalsmith
10-23-2013, 07:50 PM
...If the 2 wasnt going to win and that poster is wrong, than yeah, its a stretch.

I didn't say the two wasn't going to win. It may have. But the way that it happened, the absolute fewest amount of people possible took it in the shorts, if anyone at all. There was a lot that happened in the race going into the first turn because of the incident, so almost anyone with a losing ticket could probably claim they took it in the shorts.

Stillriledup
10-23-2013, 07:53 PM
There's no chart on equibase, did 0 horses actually finish? If horses finished, there should be a chart. No?

rastajenk
10-23-2013, 07:58 PM
No.

Grits
10-23-2013, 08:14 PM
SRU, you're firmly convinced that it really is "you vs. world". There's no end to what you find to complain about. A jockey is lying on the track, a horse needs to be euthanized, an outrider is trying to stop riders and horses so others will not be hurt... and you're whining. Again.

Mushed.

iceknight
10-23-2013, 08:25 PM
So the people who bet the 2 took it in the shorts? in SRU speak: I usually care more about the bettors than the safety of any humans or animals involved...

iceknight
10-23-2013, 08:26 PM
SRU, you're firmly convinced that it really is "you vs. world". There's no end to what you find to complain about. A jockey is lying on the track, a horse needs to be euthanized, an outrider is trying to stop riders and horses so others will not be hurt... and you're whining. Again.

Mushed. There is a reason his name is "STILL riled up" and not "Riled up once upon a time"

horses4courses
10-23-2013, 08:29 PM
Most important of all, the prognosis for Calvin Borel is good:

via Twitter:

Calvin Borel ‏@CalvinHBorel 44m
Thank you all for prayers, Calvin has a broken fibula (smaller bone under tibia) but miraculously unscathed otherwise- no concussion or
Details
Calvin Borel ‏@CalvinHBorel 38m
Cont or scull fracture considering how hard he fell that's a gift from God~ thank u for your prayers we are so thankful
Retweeted by Byron King

cj
10-23-2013, 08:31 PM
There's no chart on equibase, did 0 horses actually finish? If horses finished, there should be a chart. No?

We told you the race was stopped with 1/2 a mile to go, how could they finish?

Grits
10-23-2013, 08:32 PM
Thank you for the update, H4C. Glad Calvin is going to be OK.

Stillriledup
10-23-2013, 08:32 PM

Mushed.

You know Gritsy grits, i was going to vote for you for the Hall of Fame. Unfortunately, there was only 1 vote and i cast it for someone else. Of course i complain, if i came on here and said i made a huge score and i'm really happy and have no complaints, people would get mad at the redboarding...so, instead of gloating about successes, i come here to try and make the game a better place. You want the game to be a better place, right? I'm certainly not the only one here who complains about things.

cj
10-23-2013, 08:36 PM
You know Gritsy grits, i was going to vote for you for the Hall of Fame. Unfortunately, there was only 1 vote and i cast it for someone else. Of course i complain, if i came on here and said i made a huge score and i'm really happy and have no complaints, people would get mad at the redboarding...so, instead of gloating about successes, i come here to try and make the game a better place. You want the game to be a better place, right? I'm certainly not the only one here who complains about things.

At least take the time to watch a replay before you go on these rants. Is that too much to ask?

Stillriledup
10-23-2013, 08:38 PM
At least take the time to watch a replay before you go on these rants. Is that too much to ask?

I wasnt on a rant. A guy said the 2 was going to win, so i just assumed he wouldnt write that if it wasnt true, and i ran with it. Its on the internet, so i believed it. ;)

cj
10-23-2013, 08:40 PM
I wasnt on a rant. A guy said the 2 was going to win, so i just assumed he wouldnt write that if it wasnt true, and i ran with it. Its on the internet, so i believed it. ;)

But even after you kept up with dumb questions, at least dumb if you had taken time to watch the race. Just watch it.

iceknight
10-23-2013, 08:44 PM
At least take the time to watch a replay before you go on these rants. Is that too much to ask? By the way, anyone know where I can find any existing replays? Xpressbet has scrubbed it, keenelands' replay website (link (http://www.keeneland.com/racing/race-replay) ) is also showing the same text

'Race 6 has been declared no contest'.

No contest should not mean they deprive us of starting data etc.. ah well :(

cj
10-23-2013, 08:52 PM
By the way, anyone know where I can find any existing replays? Xpressbet has scrubbed it, keenelands' replay website (link (http://www.keeneland.com/racing/race-replay) ) is also showing the same text

'Race 6 has been declared no contest'.

No contest should not mean they deprive us of starting data etc.. ah well :(

My DVR? That is a good point. I'll amend my comment to "refrain from speculating on a race you haven't seen, and probably won't."

The incident happened at the start, I can understand why a track wouldn't want to post that for public consumption. It was not pretty.

Stillriledup
10-23-2013, 08:58 PM
My DVR? That is a good point. I'll amend my comment to "refrain from speculating on a race you haven't seen, and probably won't."

The incident happened at the start, I can understand why a track wouldn't want to post that for public consumption. It was not pretty.

I'll be right over to watch it at your house, just leave me the directions via PM and i'll be there. I can bring the beer and nachos. ;)

Grits
10-23-2013, 09:01 PM

SRU, if you post those picks prior to the day's races, and hit a pick 4 for 8K, or a pick 6 for 100K plus, I'll be the first in line to tell you "congratulations. Fantastic work. Enjoy spending every dime!!" I wouldn't want to miss something so exciting for anyone here.

There is a limit, though, to complaining, as at some point in time, one is nitpicking the game to absolute death, and that is what you're often doing. For heaven sake, let some things go. Just let them be and move along. Otherwise, it messes with one's head to always be so disgruntled, so suspecting--me against them.

Your remark on this matter was wrong. You're worried about yourself, your bet. Now and then in life, there are incidents, situations, that are of far greater concern than ourselves.

And the other. Vote for me? HOF? Hell, I didn't even vote for me!!! I voted for Thask because he has shared more knowledge than anyone here and he does it willingly, in a way that is welcoming and beneficial to everyone. His teaching skills and his honesty are outstanding. And goodness knows, he understands humility, he's never cocky. A true asset.

wiffleball whizz
10-23-2013, 09:07 PM
SRU, if you post those picks prior to the day's races, and hit a pick 4 for 8K, or a pick 6 for 100K plus, I'll be the first in line to tell you "congratulations. Fantastic work. Enjoy spending every dime!!" I wouldn't want to miss something so exciting for anyone here.

There is a limit, though, to complaining, as at some point in time, one is nitpicking the game to absolute death, and that is what you're often doing. For heaven sake, let some things go. Just let them be and move along. Otherwise, it messes with one's head to always be so disgruntled, so suspecting--me against them.

Your remark on this matter was wrong. You're worried about yourself, your bet. Now and then in life, there are incidents, situations, that are of far greater concern than ourselves.

And the other. Vote for me? HOF? Hell, I didn't even vote for me!!! I voted for Thask because he has shared more knowledge than anyone here and he does it willingly, in a way that is welcoming and beneficial to everyone. His teaching skills and his honesty are outstanding. And goodness knows, he understands humility, he's never cocky. A true asset.

As I'm sitting here lying in a pile of filth with st Louis I'm dying of laughter from this post.....nitpicking this game to death may be the best one liner I've seen....beside cjs down 2 with the puck

Stillriledup
10-23-2013, 09:09 PM

He does share a lot of knowledge that is for sure.

Of course i'm worried about myself and my bet, should i not worry about myself and my bet?

As far as posting the winners in advance, that's pretty rough, a lot of times, my bets come down to the last second, late warmup watching, odds watching and last minute adjustments, so its hard to post picks....i try and contribute with some trip notes and sharing propriety information on occasion, i cant share it all, but i try and help out if someone has a question about a particular horse or particular race.

I'll think about what you said, maybe i'll try and "tone down" the whining. ;)

wiffleball whizz
10-23-2013, 09:14 PM
He does share a lot of knowledge that is for sure.

Of course i'm worried about myself and my bet, should i not worry about myself and my bet?

As far as posting the winners in advance, that's pretty rough, a lot of times, my bets come down to the last second, late warmup watching, odds watching and last minute adjustments, so its hard to post picks....i try and contribute with some trip notes and sharing propriety information on occasion, i cant share it all, but i try and help out if someone has a question about a particular horse or particular race.

I'll think about what you said, maybe i'll try and "tone down" the whining. ;)

How bout instead of posting your trip notes you keep them to yourself and let the ones that read them to do there own homework......why rack your brain for hours of watching racing to see something you like to have somebody turn on their computer see what u saw and get a "free ride"

You have every right to worry about your bet....anybody that's says otherwise is wrong

Stillriledup
10-23-2013, 09:18 PM
How bout instead of posting your trip notes you keep them to yourself and let the ones that read them to do there own homework......why rack your brain for hours of watching racing to see something you like to have somebody turn on their computer see what u saw and get a "free ride"

You have every right to worry about your bet....anybody that's says otherwise is wrong

Once in a while i like to share a few notes here and there. Most of my stuff i keep to myself, but i know a lot of people here share a little bit, so i share a little bit, i won't put my best stuff on here, but sharing a little bit isnt going to kill me.

I agree with you about the bet, im in the game to win bets, period. Not that i don;t feel sorry for a jock or horse who gets injured, but to be honest, im just thinking about how i can cash a bet, not too interested in the other stuff.

jk3521
10-23-2013, 09:31 PM
that's it !! :mad: I'm withdrawing all of my votes for Stillriledup for PA Hall of Fame!!! :faint:

Grits
10-23-2013, 09:40 PM

Whizz, TLG (Andy), as you know, does it for a living. Everyday. And he's the best at it in the country -- this business of giving what you call, "free rides". Look on Twitter and see how many are following his "free rides".
If I ever see you lying on a racetrack I'll lament over my bet, Whizz. Right after I cuss you like a blue gum Georgia mule for falling off the horse my money was on. I'm sorry, but as far as wrong...no. I won't worry about my bet. I have more care for human life than I have for a dollar. Some of us are different this way.

wiffleball whizz
10-23-2013, 09:49 PM
Whizz, TLG (Andy), as you know, does it for a living. Everyday. And he's the best at it in the country -- this business of giving what you call, "free rides". Look on Twitter and see how many are following his "free rides".

If I ever see you lying on a racetrack I'll lament over my bet, Whizz. Right after I cuss you like a blue gum Georgia mule for falling off the horse my money was on. I'm sorry, but as far as wrong...no. I won't worry about my bet. I have more care for human life than I have for a dollar. Some of us are different this way.

I just think TLG was a little over the top asking me if I think before I post cuz I said this was the reason the grandstands are empty

Van a player off the field in baseball let me know if he will hit 3 home runs a few days later

With that said TLG is the master...he bailed out my friends at the spa a few years ago where if he didn't fire out the winners my friends would have been borrowing monnnnnnnnnnnnney of me.......

Without a doubt **** being a MLB player a NFL player etc etc etc my dream Job would be what TLG does......ripping parimutuel pools to shreads :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
10-24-2013, 02:20 AM
So the people who bet the 2 took it in the shorts?Not at the SRU simulcast pavilion they didn't...

rastajenk
10-24-2013, 07:22 AM
This place is getting crazier by the day. Every single thing that ever happens in racing is a reason for its eventual demise, apparently.