View Full Version : SLEW'S FAST HORSES FOR WED. 10/23

MeSlew
10-22-2013, 09:44 PM
SLEW'S FAST HORSES FOR WED. 10/23
Hello All! For Wednesday, 10/23, a short list of Slew's races:

Belmont - 1,5,6,7,8,9
Keeneland - 6,7,8,9
Woodbine - 2,7

I know most of you do not pay attention to the Parx listings on Mondays and Tuesdays. I usually do not either. But today I noticed only one horse listed:

8-National Prayer PRX 4 15Jun13 7MP 3 * 3+ 30,000 | -12K / 3 (8-1)

so just for kicks I plunked down a $20 bill. Imagine my surprise when I came home from work and checked my account. Double the ML with a payoff of 31.60. Really one of my favorite Slew angles as a lone overlay.

For Wednesday, a single Key Horse coming off a long layoff:

Bold Challenger - KEE ( 8) CD 11/02/12 # 4

After breaking his maiden 2nd time out for Ken McPeek, this son of Exchange Rate out of the Chester House mare Best Mom clearly disappointed, and was put on the shelf after 4 allowance tries. That was back in May. He shows up after a solid work tab dating back to 8/30 in an allowance race at Keeneland at 1 mile on the turf, with a 10-1 ML tag and Albarado up.

It is hard to endorse Bold Challenger for the win, and any play is only with extra nickles and dimes from some unexpected windfall...like today's Slew single! But short of that, we watch this one to see if there is a win in his near future. We're looking for the light bulb to go off, and a desire to get to the wire first. It doesn't have to happen in this race as we wouldn't mind seeing him add to his reputation as a loser while sending a message that the time is coming.

I'm always looking for double the ML odds down the road, and maybe he'll be the next National Prayer! As an old race track acquaintance once told me, the three most important things for a winning horse player are patience, patience and patience. In that order!

Enjoy the Wednesday racing...good luck and good 'capping!