PDA

View Full Version : Scott Zeron to the Meadowlands

cmp92
10-22-2013, 10:48 AM
Scott Zeron is leaving Canada and heading to the Meadowlands. He'll be joining them for their upcoming meet. Can't blame him given the current situation in Ontario. He gets some of Alagna's horses and it seems like he plans on getting some chances to drive for him.

http://xwebapp.ustrotting.com/absolutenm/templates/article.aspx?articleid=56333&zoneid=1

Just a Fan
10-22-2013, 01:22 PM
He's the leading driver by wins on the WEG circuit this year, and despite that his earnings are going to end up well below his 2011 and 2012 totals. Completely understandable move. Its a Meadowlands press release, so that's why it says he's headed to the Meadowlands, but the reality is that he will have to also compete at another track(s) (YR, Pcd, Phl, DD) to really establish himself and make money. I wonder where else he will race.

cmp92
10-22-2013, 01:38 PM
He's the leading driver by wins on the WEG circuit this year, and despite that his earnings are going to end up well below his 2011 and 2012 totals. Completely understandable move. Its a Meadowlands press release, so that's why it says he's headed to the Meadowlands, but the reality is that he will have to also compete at another track(s) (YR, Pcd, Phl, DD) to really establish himself and make money. I wonder where else he will race.
I would imagine you're right. He'll probably race at Pocono and Philly on days when the Big M is dark. I would assume he'll follow along with the Grand Circuit stuff too. At least more so than he does now.

Zapper
10-23-2013, 09:30 AM
Good move on his part with the state of the industry in Ontario.
Scott did not get the drives he was suppose to get from the big coleman barn and lost many chances to drive good horses for trainer like Anthony Alagna and Tony O.Look at some of the stock that failed to return from the coleman barn and the yearling crop she purchase with the exception of one or two horses has really done nothing.many have said if she considers you her driver and you book off any of them good or bad that will be your last drive for her.With all due respect the kid should have booked off early in the campaign given she lost the first 5 months of racing in Ontario the last 2 years with multiple suspensions.

LottaKash
10-23-2013, 11:15 AM
Well, Canada's loss will certainly be the USA's "gain", imo....

When Scott Zeron first started out on the WEG circuit, he got my attention early on.... He showed me right from the get-go that he had learned his lessons well from his Daddy (Rick Zeron)... And, I have to admit that I caught him a time or two at good odds, before the crowd began catching on as to his potential, and started to lower the dividends on some of his drives...

What I had noticed was that, as a such a young gun, he had this innate ability to rate a horse almost as well as some of the very top drivers, and when he asked his horses to go, they usually responded well and immediately to his urgings, especially in the lane when it counted most....He can really keep them going good, and he seems to hold the horse's interest the whole way round... I like the kid, and never hesitate to wager on his drives when they appear to have a strong chance... He is very good with the trotters too, and improves many of them..

He will do well and add some fuel to the races wherever he competes, I believe....I wish him well...:ThmbUp:

cmp92
10-23-2013, 03:46 PM
Well, Canada's loss will certainly be the USA's "gain", imo....

When Scott Zeron first started out on the WEG circuit, he got my attention early on.... He showed me right from the get-go that he had learned his lessons well from his Daddy (Rick Zeron)... And, I have to admit that I caught him a time or two at good odds, before the crowd began catching on as to his potential, and started to lower the dividends on some of his drives...

What I had noticed was that, as a such a young gun, he had this innate ability to rate a horse almost as well as some of the very top drivers, and when he asked his horses to go, they usually responded well and immediately to his urgings, especially in the lane when it counted most....He can really keep them going good, and he seems to hold the horse's interest the whole way round... I like the kid, and never hesitate to wager on his drives when they appear to have a strong chance... He is very good with the trotters too, and improves many of them..

He will do well and add some fuel to the races wherever he competes, I believe....I wish him well...:ThmbUp:
As far as trotters go, I know I have read that Frank Antonacci likes using Zeron in Canada. I believe it was Master of Law that Zeron worked so well with earlier this year on the WEG circuit.