PDA

View Full Version : Season ending injuries

Valuist
10-21-2013, 12:16 PM
Several notable ones yesterday: Sam Bradford done for the year with a torn ACL. Brian Cushing out for the year with a torn LCL. Not sure how long Jermichael Finley will be out after being taken off the field on a stretcher after suffering a neck injury. And the Bears still waiting for the results of Cutler's MRI. If its a groin tear, he'll be done for the season. And the Colts are waiting for the news of Reggie Wayne's MRI. 189 consecutive starts going for Wayne.

Quagmire
10-21-2013, 12:18 PM
ESPN now reporting Reggie Wayne is out for the year as well.

JustRalph
10-21-2013, 12:39 PM
The game is so violent nothing surprises me

Someone getting killed on the field wouldn't surprise me.

When Dallas is using defensive lineman that were cut from the practice squad, things are bad.

duncan04
10-21-2013, 01:04 PM
As a Packers fan it would not surprise me if Finley never played football again. I know his son asked him to stop playing because of the hits he took after his last concussion.

Robert Goren
10-21-2013, 01:41 PM
Cutler will be out 4 weeks. from ESPN

Valuist
10-21-2013, 02:37 PM

I will take the OVER on 4 weeks. Anyone who's had a groin tear knows that its longer than a 4 week process. Maybe after six weeks he can get shot up and play. Realistically, it won't be healed for three months. But by that time, he'll have the full offseason to heal.

He's going to be a free agent. There has to be injury concerns with him: several concussions, a fractured thumb, knee sprain and now a torn groin muscle. Flacco got his big money this past offseason but at least he didn't have an injury history.

Striker
10-21-2013, 02:45 PM
McCown looked just as good, if not better, than Cutler has in any game this year for the Bears yesterday IMO, but that was the Skins D so......

RaceBookJoe
10-21-2013, 03:05 PM
McCown looked just as good, if not better, than Cutler has in any game this year for the Bears yesterday IMO, but that was the Skins D so......

Skins defense motto " We can make your backup look like Peyton " and yes, I am a Redskins fan. At least the offense is starting to look decent, but that defense is in rough shape, cant tackle, horrible secondary just made worse with BM suspension and RD concussion. I was wrong week one when I said Brady could light up Buffalo, and hope I am more wrong when I say that coming off a loss, Peyton might try to put up 70+ on the Redskins at home. Whatever the line is, im playing the over :)

Valuist
10-21-2013, 03:12 PM
I agree with Race Book Joe. Opposing QBs have a rating of 102 vs the Washington pass defense (one of 5 worst in NFL). Maybe it will be a confidence builder for McCown; after all he got them the lead late in the game and the Bears D couldn't hold off the Skins late.

Striker
10-21-2013, 04:19 PM
Bucs just went from bad to worse as their RB Doug Martin is out for the year with a torn labrum.

Striker
10-21-2013, 04:25 PM
Not season ending, but add defensive leader Lance Briggs to the injury list for the Bears, out at least 6 weeks. Bears season was done when Henry Melton went down for the year, but it is tough to see the Bears winning another game this year with their current lineup.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-chicago-bears-lance-briggs-20131021,0,6066044.story

cj
10-21-2013, 06:22 PM
Sounds like Doug Martin is probably out for the year as well. Certainly NO reason to rush him back.