PDA

View Full Version : looking for So.Cal.Fan

topgun
03-19-2004, 12:19 AM
I need some help in finding So.Cal.Fan,as I want to know where to get the the disc that has replays from So. Cal racing.He said that he pays 15.00 a week for them.I also has a question on where can you get some good trip notes for the racing in So.Cal.

Thanks
Topgun

Whirlaway
03-19-2004, 12:42 AM
RaceDVD.com (http://www.racedvd.com)

JustRalph
03-19-2004, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by topgun
He said that he pays 15.00 a week for them.

Now that would be your first mistake........

so.cal.fan
03-19-2004, 10:49 AM
Topgun:
Whirlaway gave you the correct link.

You'll do well to have a DVD player that plays several disks at a time.......works very nice with a large screen TV, as well.

I think just Ralph was correcting you on my gender.....I'm a female type person.;)

topgun
03-19-2004, 10:23 PM
So.Cal.Fan,
I want to know do you know where I can get good trips notes for
So.Cal. races from a independent source.I am soory on the gender.

Topgun

so.cal.fan
03-19-2004, 11:49 PM
Santa Anita's website doesn't provide much. I believe Hollywood Park and Del Mar provide patrol judge trouble notes. They are free and they are good.
You might try www.todaysracingdigest.com
they have a free handicapping section on their website, where you can get recaps of all the races, haven't looked at them in a while, myself, but they used to be pretty good.

topgun
03-20-2004, 12:20 AM
So.Cal.Fan,
I want to thankyou for your reply back.I also want to know do you do your own trip notes off the dvds or what do you use in your daily handicapping.I went to the web site and did check you what you suggestive.They do not give trip notes for all the horses only the top three or four.hOW DO YOU GET THE PATROL JUDGE NOTES.

Topgun

so.cal.fan
03-20-2004, 09:34 AM
Topgun,
They publish them everyday, and you can pick them up in the racing office, backside and frontside.
I know Del Mar website provides them during their meeting....I think Hollywood Park does.
You may write the websites and ask if they could provide these sheets....don't know if they will.
Only other trip notes are in the DRF Simulcast Weekly.

JimG
03-20-2004, 09:50 AM
Doesn't Takach still do trip notes for SoCal?

Jim

so.cal.fan
03-20-2004, 09:53 AM
I don't believe he ever did, Jim.
The Digest used to be okay, but they have slacked off.
I think Brad Free does a small recap in the DRF SW. Don't know how accurate he is.
If you are at the track in So. Cal. they have free video machines that you can pull up a rerun of a race........don't know if other tracks do this?

Joe Takach and his crew watch horses pull up after races and record if they galloped out well or not and how they looked after the race.....in general.

JimG
03-20-2004, 09:56 AM
SoCal,

Thanks for the quick reply. I thought his SCHTW had trip notes in it. I never bought it though, just read about it. I know it was supposed to include "pull up" and "bar shoe" info. Have a good one.

Jim

plainolebill
03-21-2004, 12:29 AM
The Handicapper's report has trip and workout reports for Socal tracks. Not inexpensive.

Handicapper's Report (http://www.hreport.com/)

Memogram
03-22-2004, 03:36 PM
I subscribed to Takach a few years ago and he did offer trip notes. I asked him about the California tracks not showing the head-on's through the turns and he said he was able to get to see them, but didn't say how. I stopped subscribing to his information and don't know if he is offering trip info now.

so.cal.fan
03-22-2004, 04:54 PM
You can get head on shots on the tapes the track provides, however they are expensive......used to be about $14 a day.
My neighbor Jeff Tuft's gets them, because he is the morning line maker.....he reviews all the tapes everyday.
If you know someone in the racing office, you can sometimes go in the film room and watch these tapes early in the day, before the races start.....I have seen people doing this at Hollywood Park.
As for Joe Takach, I don't know if he reviews tapes or not, but most of his information these days, is just first hand paddock notes and watching warm ups and gallop outs.

topgun
03-24-2004, 12:27 AM
Hello,
I want to know how good is he as a handicapper,and also do he try to make a 100 percent line or is his more in the 120 percent line as with others.I know a top handicapper in No.Cal that does his trip notes off the pan shot only.He says it works fine for him and also save a lot of time.So Cal.Fan what do you base your daily handicapping on, are you a computer handicapper or more comprehensive.

Topgun

so.cal.fan
03-24-2004, 10:28 AM
Jeff is a clocker.
If a horse is training at Santa Anita, Jeff has observed it.
His morning line in young maiden races is pretty accurate, imo.
If a first time starter is put up at 6/1 or lower......and he is working at Santa Anita, he can run.
I'm just a DRF player......I like distance races. My methods are simple.....I just try the best I can to determine if the horse fits in the class of this race, and then I look at it in the paddock, if sharp and ready to run....I may bet it to win......but I rarely bet.....I don't like to gamble.....most fields at Santa Anita are short and not very competitive.......so of course I am not interested in them.
I read in another thread Bob Selvin's comments on the racing here, I concur.

In regards to Jeff's line.....I'll try to catch him and ask him.

so.cal.fan
03-24-2004, 08:20 PM
I caught Jeff leaving Santa Anita today, and asked him about the percentage of his line.
127%. I suppose that covers the highest takeout and breakage on some of the exotics, since our takeout on straight bets is less than 16%.

topgun
03-24-2004, 09:40 PM
So.Cal.Fan
I want to know if you can ask Jeff if he sells His workouts privately.I also want to know do Jeff invest on horses.

Topgun

so.cal.fan
03-24-2004, 11:47 PM
Topgun, no Jeff does not sell selections or information.
I have no idea, and I'm sure he would not disclose if he bets or not.
I do know he lives very comfortably in a very nice expensive home/area and always drives a new car.
He is a single man, and pretty much a loner. I've been his neighbor for many years......quiet nice man, very quiet.
In fact, I'm surprised he disclosed information about his morning line to me! I told him some men on the internet wanted to know....he hesitated then told me. LOL
I think the best tip to remember about his line is that he is an expert clocker.....there every morning.....any works at Santa Anita on a first timer, that he puts up a short price......you can almost be certain the horse has worked well and looks good to Tufts.
This has been true for many years. Jeff used to be at Del Mar, he does the morning line there still, but from Sierra Madre.
The man at Hollywood is also a clocker and pretty good as well.