PDA

View Full Version : Let's Handicap 10/20 Golden Gate Race 3

whodoyoulike
10-19-2013, 03:00 PM
Who do you like?

Race 3 6 furlongs Alw34 3up (6 entries)

I included a Poll to select who you think will win. The discussion is to discuss how you would bet the race.

Free Bris PP can be found at http://www.trks2day.com/sunday.html

Bennie
10-19-2013, 07:05 PM
Don't play Golden Gate, don't like synthetic tracks and hate to see Baze/Hollendoffer teamed up because you will never get a price but looked at the race because you posted it and now I must make a play tomorrow.
Exacta :6: :2: for 2 units
Exacta :2: :6: for 1 unit.
Depends how my day goes prior to this as to how much each unit will be, but will keep it between $2 and $5. No more than that.

whodoyoulike
10-19-2013, 07:45 PM
Don't play Golden Gate, don't like synthetic tracks and hate to see Baze/Hollendoffer teamed up because you will never get a price but looked at the race because you posted it and now I must make a play tomorrow.

We must have read the same book....

BlueChip@DRF
10-20-2013, 08:45 AM
What's wrong with the :1:? Oh, I know - I like that one, that's what's wrong with it. :)

shouldacoulda
10-20-2013, 08:48 AM
Let's Handicap 10/20 Golden Gate Race 3

Why? Aren't any real tracks open today? :lol:

Okay I like the :6: but with Baze and Hollendorfer if it goes off at more than even money I'll be amazed. No Play.

BIG HIT
10-20-2013, 10:01 AM
#4 on top w/#6 #1 #2 dollar key box and dollar tri #4 and#6 ontop w/#1 and #2 2and and thrid

Bennie
10-20-2013, 10:13 AM
Whodoyoulike - I'd rather read a book than bet this race.
:1: 4 fur. work in 46 but off 71 days. Not true front runner based on past races but with the bullet work, maybe trying to send today.
:4: 2 bullet works at 6 fur. Building some stamina due to the 176 day layoff?:3: looks like a speed/fade type
:5: has been beaten up by these in the past
:2: looks like the closer, a little under the others by the numbers but if they send the :1: and the :3: runs his usual race, I can see Baze sitting in the catbird seat just waiting for them to fade, taking the lead near the top of the stretch and hoping the :4: isn't quite shape enough yet and the :2: can close up for 2nd.
I think the :6: is the winner but can't get any money if the :1: or :4: run second. If the :2: stays around 8-1, I might get a $20 exacta or better. And although he is off to a slow start, Mawning is not a bad jock to have at Golden Gate.

raybo
10-20-2013, 01:28 PM
Terrible race for betting, even if you happen to get the winner. The question is, "will the :3: (E7) and :6: (E/P-P5) hook up in a pace duel?". If they do then :4: (P/S3) is probably the winner. If the :6: (Baze) lays off a quick pace by the :3: , then :6: probably catches and passes in the final 1/16th. If the :3: gets an easy lead and is not pressed, then the :3: probably wires it.

So, for value I would bet the :3: , and hope his pace is a comfortable one, and wires the field. I wouldn't bet this race (short field and too many possibles), or this track (one of the lowest win payout tracks in the country), anyway, so this is all pretty much a waste of time.

This race reminds me of OP back when Day owned everything running . You couldn't bet on him, and you couldn't bet against him.

raybo
10-20-2013, 01:34 PM
What's wrong with the :1:? Oh, I know - I like that one, that's what's wrong with it. :)

What is it that you like about the 1? He's been off for 71 days and his trainer pretty much sucks bringing a horse off a layoff. His final times are worse than both the 3 and the 6 at 6f. He rates 5th in class and 4th in power.

Sorry, but I don't see much in the horse, against this field. Hope you're right though because you should get some decent odds! Good luck!!

jerry-g
10-20-2013, 02:22 PM
The stuff in my box says the "Chalk of De Chalk" will probably win this one.
I see the :4: as my top pick. He gained 4 L in his last out and that always
impresses me. The gain was also in a G3 race. He also owns the speed for
AWS surface. I almost put the skids on when I saw the 5 mo layoff then
caught the last W/O. It is for 6 F at 72 and 4/5 and that also impresses
me. I won't be betting this cheap priced top pick of mine and I do hope
that one of you can snag a nice price winner. Good Luck!

Stillriledup
10-20-2013, 03:04 PM
Tri Part Wheel:

146 w 1346 w 2

146 w 146 w 2

whodoyoulike
10-20-2013, 04:08 PM
I like the :4: Gallant Son to win. I think any one of them has the speed to win this race. :4: isn't the fastest in my opinion but if he doesn't hook up in a speed duel hopefully, he'll be passing horses in the stretch.

I usually bet the races which I handicap as long as the odds are acceptable. I'm really trying to see how I do handicapping different tracks, distances, conditions etc. I don't like handicapping maidens, mdn claimers, nw2, less than 5.5f or greater than 9f races. And, I like races to discuss which have FREE PP available. I'm hoping everyone just has fun with the selections and discussions.

BlueChip@DRF
10-20-2013, 04:49 PM
WTF??? The :1: is 5/2????

raybo
10-20-2013, 04:52 PM
Terrible race for betting, even if you happen to get the winner. The question is, "will the :3: (E7) and :6: (E/P-P5) hook up in a pace duel?". If they do then :4: (P/S3) is probably the winner. If the :6: (Baze) lays off a quick pace by the :3: , then :6: probably catches and passes in the final 1/16th. If the :3: gets an easy lead and is not pressed, then the :3: probably wires it.

So, for value I would bet the :3: , and hope his pace is a comfortable one, and wires the field. I wouldn't bet this race (short field and too many possibles), or this track (one of the lowest win payout tracks in the country), anyway, so this is all pretty much a waste of time.

This race reminds me of OP back when Day owned everything running . You couldn't bet on him, and you couldn't bet against him.

Well, we did get a pace duel between the 3 and 6, leaving the win for the 4, the top class horse. Finish: 4 6 2 1.

raybo
10-20-2013, 05:00 PM
WTF??? The :1: is 5/2????

That was my question. I didn't see anything in the horse, to win anyway. I guess everybody saw the consecutive wins, but the layoff told the story, and the trainer just can't win first off a layoff. And, the horse had no class numbers.

Bennie
10-20-2013, 05:21 PM
They saw the 46 bullet work. Besides being to slow by the numbers I think he left it on the track with that workout. I tossed him but couldn't commit to the :4: off his layoff and it cost me. Had the :6: :2: , no :4: .

whodoyoulike
10-20-2013, 05:31 PM
#4 Gallant Son (2.80) 7.60 3.60 2.40
#6 Moonshine Bay (1.80) 3.20 2.20
#2 Administer (11.70) 3.80
#1 Ourwestcoastghost (3.40)

$1.00 exacta 9.20 (4-6)
$1.00 trifecta 49.40 (4-6-2)

Per chart:

GALLANT SON broke with the leaders then was permitted to slip back in the opening quarter, advanced three wide to the stretch, challenged MOONSHINE BAY at the furlong pole and proved best. MOONSHINE BAY pressed two wide from the outset, took command once in the stretch and battled gamely but could not hold. ADMINISTER was permitted to settle early, raced off the rail on the turn while moving up, dropped inside once clear of COACH BOB and closed the gap in the final sixteenth. OURWESTCOASTGHOST stalked from the rail in hand but lacked a closing response.

Stillriledup
10-20-2013, 09:54 PM
Tri Part Wheel:

146 w 1346 w 2

146 w 146 w 2

I gave you the tri, hope you all made some cash! :D