PDA

View Full Version : Non DQ at Mountaineer?

SharpCat
10-19-2013, 02:33 PM
Anyone watch the 3rd race at MTN last night? The 1 horse veers sharply to the right out of the gate and slams into the 3. If you watch the pan shot in slow-mo you can see L. Rivera leaned sideways with his left foot out of the stirrup up and his leg almost parallel to the ground. I think Rivera falls of if not for the 3 horse and his jockey being there to keep him from falling. Somehow the 1 horse wins in the last jump with the 3 finishing 4th. I had no money in the race but thought the stewards would take him down. I know stewards tend to be more leniant with contact out of the gate. What do you guys think of the call? Good, bad or could have gone either way?

Mineshaft
10-19-2013, 05:24 PM
Terrible call should of been taken down.

AlbertButtry
10-20-2013, 01:47 AM
That was a terrible call. Absolutely killed the 3.

Stillriledup
10-20-2013, 01:57 AM
They don't DQ gate bumps, no tracks do it. Horses are given a few strides to get into gear.

SharpCat
10-20-2013, 02:08 AM
They don't DQ gate bumps, no tracks do it. Horses are given a few strides to get into gear.

I believe stewards are definitely more lenient with contact out of the gate than they would be during the rest of the race. I have seen a couple of horses taken down for gate bumps this year.

Mineshaft
10-20-2013, 09:56 AM

Ok then I will tell my jock to take out half the field next time coming out the gate and I dare them to take me down. And this wasn't a gate bump.