PDA

View Full Version : Dolphin Shorts refunded at Santa Anita.

Stillriledup
10-18-2013, 06:56 PM
Geez, seems like the winners took it in the "shorts" on this one.

Not sure i agree with this one, but i'm willing to listen to an argument.

RunForTheRoses
10-18-2013, 07:06 PM
Thanks for posting that I had just gotten home, had $25 in my account and played some cold DDs and P3s using only the 1 (I was just Fing around and did not really handicap). Tuned into the race about 30 secs in and was like wtf, didn't even get a run for my money.

So now I have $25, anyone like anything tonight, Remington? Los Al? Chucktown or MountyNeer?

menifee
10-18-2013, 07:07 PM
This was an absolute fraud and cost me big time.

RunForTheRoses
10-18-2013, 07:21 PM
Thanks for posting that I had just gotten home, had $25 in my account and played some cold DDs and P3s using only the 1 (I was just Fing around and did not really handicap). Tuned into the race about 30 secs in and was like wtf, didn't even get a run for my money.

So now I have $25, anyone like anything tonight, Remington? Los Al? Chucktown or MountyNeer?

Actually, will I get a full refund or consos? No money in the account yet.

RunForTheRoses
10-18-2013, 07:23 PM
Geez, seems like the winners took it in the "shorts" on this one.

Not sure i agree with this one, but i'm willing to listen to an argument.

What exactly did happen, I changed the channel.

Stillriledup
10-18-2013, 08:06 PM
What exactly did happen, I changed the channel.

The 1 broke a few lengths slow and they must have said the horse got an unfair start. TVG showed the slo mo of the start and it looked like the horse just turned its head just before the gate opened.

Normally they dont refund, but this was a 3-5 shot, so maybe the "rules" were different than if she was 99-1

Pick 3s you get a conso, pick 4s and pick 6s you get the post time favorite, if you had her in the 2nd half of the DD you get a conso.

proximity
10-19-2013, 01:20 AM
This was an absolute fraud and cost me big time.

only cost me a little, but this.

was watching simulcast from another track. was there an explanation given?
was the gate crew still holding the horse????? idk??

plainolebill
10-19-2013, 03:29 AM
I bet the winner and at post time he was 6/1, I was surprised at the low payoff. I'm busy between races so I didn't see the no starter thing until looking at the charts tonight.

dasch
10-19-2013, 08:46 AM
There have been 3 of these almost exactly the same in the last few months in socal. In all 3 the horses didnt rear or stumble they only turned their head TOWARD THE STARTER just before or at the start. The 1st was Katys Kitty which they did NOT declare a non starter. Almost everybody on social media and radio believed this was the wrong decision and I think even the CHRB sat down with the stewards and went over the decision. Also a few days after this a similar incident happened in NY and the horse WAS declared a non starter. The 2nd one in socal happened a short time later and this time the money was refunded and again yesterday.

I have no problem as long as they are going to be consistent and it looks like from now on if the horse DOES NOTHING ELSE except turn its head TOWARD THE STARTER and doesnt get away well its going to be declared a non starter.

fmolf
10-19-2013, 09:37 AM
I have no problem with the decision,but have seen more obvious and severely compromised starters not declared non-starters.

Stillriledup
10-19-2013, 12:30 PM
I have no problem with the decision,but have seen more obvious and severely compromised starters not declared non-starters.

THIS.

Is why i was shocked at the decision.

I hate to think they're now making stewards rulings on the backs of "will it help or hurt business'

Gotta make the right calls and be consistent, and it doesnt seem that they've been consistent.

Some_One
10-19-2013, 01:21 PM
From the headon looked like the starter had some type of hold of the horse still, easy non-starter call.