PDA

View Full Version : TimeformUS Breeders Cup Advance

cj
10-17-2013, 06:16 PM
http://timeformusblog.com/2013/10/17/the-timeformus-breeders-cup-package/

TheEdge07
10-17-2013, 07:41 PM
http://timeformusblog.com/2013/10/17/the-timeformus-breeders-cup-package/

From what ive heard deluxe might be available for the breeders cup and word cj?

cj
10-17-2013, 07:57 PM
From what ive heard deluxe might be available for the breeders cup and word cj?

You would probably know better than me, I'm in Oklahoma. I know it is a pretty high priority, but not the highest right now.

sam i am
10-17-2013, 08:29 PM
do you know who the expert analyst are?

cj
10-17-2013, 08:40 PM
do you know who the expert analyst are?

I know Doug Salvatore will be one, and I know at least one other VERY well.

speed
10-17-2013, 08:47 PM
I know Doug Salvatore will be one, and I know at least one other VERY well.
You know Whiffleball very well? Didn't know that.

Tom
10-17-2013, 10:03 PM
No advanced without a package - that sucks.

wiffleball whizz
10-17-2013, 10:12 PM
You know Whiffleball very well? Didn't know that.

New timeform satillite office in glen burnie Maryland......not to far from the marley station mall

Still waiting cj for a timeform windbreaker or shirt....I know they exist...I'd wear it to the local racetrack

Been waiting for PA to send me a PM asking for my adress so he can send me some PA gear.....never got it....free t shirts get thrown around here like there 250 pound manhole covers!!!

Tom
10-17-2013, 10:27 PM
Got your SRU Downs hat yet?

wiffleball whizz
10-17-2013, 10:29 PM
Got your SRU Downs hat yet?

That would be awesome SRU down on front

On the back it says "where winners get paid"

kingfin66
10-18-2013, 12:09 AM
I her that Ultimate Selector cannot give a t-shirt awy...no takers.

thaskalos
10-18-2013, 12:13 AM
I her that Ultimate Selector cannot give a t-shirt awy...no takers.

I apologize for not paying closer attention to the threads...but, who is the "Ultimate Selector"?

wiffleball whizz
10-18-2013, 01:01 AM
I apologize for not paying closer attention to the threads...but, who is the "Ultimate Selector"?

The guy who makes me look boring while gambling....the guy bets all tracks all day long......seems like a good guy though

PaceAdvantage
10-18-2013, 05:52 PM
New timeform satillite office in glen burnie Maryland......not to far from the marley station mall

Still waiting cj for a timeform windbreaker or shirt....I know they exist...I'd wear it to the local racetrack

Been waiting for PA to send me a PM asking for my adress so he can send me some PA gear.....never got it....free t shirts get thrown around here like there 250 pound manhole covers!!!What PA gear? lol

JustRalph
10-18-2013, 06:11 PM
don't you carry around a trunk full of swag?

cj
10-23-2013, 03:25 PM
PPs are now available.

angmor
10-27-2013, 11:17 AM
which pp's are you referring to ?

cj
10-27-2013, 11:44 AM
which pp's are you referring to ?

Pre-entry Breeder's Cup PPs.

cj
10-27-2013, 08:51 PM
Joshua Tree was strong on our ratings today. Really looking forward to the BC!

angmor
10-28-2013, 12:25 PM
hi cj, i thought i remembered a reference by you about the deluxe pp's being available around breeder's cup day. do you have any update on that ?

PhantomOnTour
10-28-2013, 01:41 PM
No advanced without a package - that sucks.
When the draw is completed today will we be able to purchase the Nov 1-2 cards only...without the package?
Hopefully so - I am very interested in Timeform's Euro ratings, esp since they are on the same scale as the North American runners :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:
In the past I was only able to compare Euro to Euro and American to American.

Quagmire
10-29-2013, 08:13 AM
When the draw is completed today will we be able to purchase the Nov 1-2 cards only...without the package?

I bought both days this morning for $1.50 each.

classhandicapper
10-29-2013, 12:30 PM
The Pace Projector etc... are now live for those days.

Exotic1
10-29-2013, 05:00 PM
Cj,

Just got a chance to look at the BC, PP's. The figs seem to be "tighter" where the outliers seem to be smoothed and brought into line with a horses "normal" numbers. Anything to this? I'm very comfortable with what I'm seeing - which may not be a good thing for my bankroll.

cj
10-29-2013, 07:33 PM
Cj,

Just got a chance to look at the BC, PP's. The figs seem to be "tighter" where the outliers seem to be smoothed and brought into line with a horses "normal" numbers. Anything to this? I'm very comfortable with what I'm seeing - which may not be a good thing for my bankroll.

Can you give me an example or two? Just want to make sure I understand before I try to answer.

Exotic1
10-29-2013, 09:48 PM
Can you give me an example or two? Just want to make sure I understand before I try to answer.

Let's see if I can articulate what I'm trying to say.

I'll designate most recent race on PP as (0) and race prior to last will be designated as (-1).

There are examples where your numbers show a marked improvement in the (-1) race that was subsequently confirmed in the (0) race while Beyer was slow to react to the improvement in the (-1) race but ultimately did move up the rating in the (0) race. The jump ups in the (-1) race are very obvious on your figures b/c had there not been a marked performance improvement you would have left the number in line with the prior performances. As an example, you moved up Pants on Fire and Goldencents in their (-1) race which was subsequently confirmed in their (0) races while Beyer was a race late on the move up. How the move up effects today's race in terms of reaction/regression is a different story. The premise is, that your numbers won't show a move up unless there really was a significant improvement and we can use that improvement to say there may be yet another one coming. There are two examples (at least) where you have improved performances that have not yet shown up on Beyers or Racing Post figs.

2 yo Filly Turf 1M.

You have Vorda way faster than Al Thakhira while RPR (Racing Post) has Vorda just a bit quicker. Differences in G1 and G2 competition noted as well as Vorda was running on a straightaway (no turns). The interesting part of the race is that you have Street Sailing just 1 point slower than Al Thakhira and Street Sailing is coming off a huge move up on your numbers compared to Beyers. On your numbers the race is Vorda /Al Thakhira, Street Sailing and Chriselliam/.

Another example would be 2 yo Trf Colts/G 1M. You have Giovanni Boldini improving big time in his last race while RPR has him matching his prior race. From your numbers Giovanni and Bobby's Kitten lay over and are not expected to regress. I'm sure none of this concurs with your thoughts.

cj
10-29-2013, 10:22 PM
Let's see if I can articulate what I'm trying to say.

I'll designate most recent race on PP as (0) and race prior to last will be designated as (-1).

There are examples where your numbers show a marked improvement in the (-1) race that was subsequently confirmed in the (0) race while Beyer was slow to react to the improvement in the (-1) race but ultimately did move up the rating in the (0) race. The jump ups in the (-1) race are very obvious on your figures b/c had there not been a marked performance improvement you would have left the number in line with the prior performances. As an example, you moved up Pants on Fire and Goldencents in their (-1) race which was subsequently confirmed in their (0) races while Beyer was a race late on the move up. How the move up effects today's race in terms of reaction/regression is a different story. The premise is, that your numbers won't show a move up unless there really was a significant improvement and we can use that improvement to say there may be yet another one coming. There are two examples (at least) where you have improved performances that have not yet shown up on Beyers or Racing Post figs.

2 yo Filly Turf 1M.

You have Vorda way faster than Al Thakhira while RPR (Racing Post) has Vorda just a bit quicker. Differences in G1 and G2 competition noted as well as Vorda was running on a straightaway (no turns). The interesting part of the race is that you have Street Sailing just 1 point slower than Al Thakhira and Street Sailing is coming off a huge move up on your numbers compared to Beyers. On your numbers the race is Vorda /Al Thakhira, Street Sailing and Chriselliam/.

Another example would be 2 yo Trf Colts/G 1M. You have Giovanni Boldini improving big time in his last race while RPR has him matching his prior race. From your numbers Giovanni and Bobby's Kitten lay over and are not expected to regress. I'm sure none of this concurs with your thoughts.

I'll look over this in conjunction with the PPs tomorrow. One thing, I'm not responsible for the Euro horses shipping in, those numbers are done by people that know A LOT more than I do, the mother ship Timeform. I only do ratings for the US horses.

JustRalph
10-30-2013, 01:04 AM
Just bought the Breeders Cup package. couple of questions, if this is the wrong place, somebody let me know. But these are kind of generic and I really want answers from Users or CJ. Not really the official Timeform support.

1. Is there any place to just download the PP's in a zip format? instead of having to go in and call each race up, hit the print button and save the PDF that is created? I did it ........ but it took practically a half hour. I want to move these PDF's to 3 different platforms for access over the two days. I will be on the road a little on Saturday, would like to be able to access them from my private website without having to hit Timeform, because some places block it, etc. I might be using two or three different tablets and a desktop at any given time. I need them to be "locally stored"

2. For those of you who did save the PDF's to a local drive, did they all come up with a default name "SA 103013R01.pdf" (example is race 1 of course) making it look like the race date was 10-30-2013 ? Mine did...... I had to change all of them to the proper date (in case years from now I want to be able to find them on a backup drive etc) I suspect there is a better way to do this........am I just missing it? It's late at night...... I am tired. :lol:

btw, these pp's look great in Adobe Acrobat on a nice monitor.......

cj
10-30-2013, 01:17 AM
Just bought the Breeders Cup package. couple of questions, if this is the wrong place, somebody let me know. But these are kind of generic and I really want answers from Users or CJ. Not really the official Timeform support.

1. Is there any place to just download the PP's in a zip format? instead of having to go in and call each race up, hit the print button and save the PDF that is created? I did it ........ but it took practically a half hour. I want to move these PDF's to 3 different platforms for access over the two days. I will be on the road a little on Saturday, would like to be able to access them from my private website without having to hit Timeform, because some places block it, etc. I might be using two or three different tablets and a desktop at any given time. I need them to be "locally stored"

2. For those of you who did save the PDF's to a local drive, did they all come up with a default name "SA 103013R01.pdf" (example is race 1 of course) making it look like the race date was 10-30-2013 ? Mine did...... I had to change all of them to the proper date (in case years from now I want to be able to find them on a backup drive etc) I suspect there is a better way to do this........am I just missing it? It's late at night...... I am tired. :lol:

btw, these pp's look great in Adobe Acrobat on a nice monitor.......

I can't really help here, because I never save them or print them. I haven't run into an issue yet where I couldn't access the site.

redshift1
10-30-2013, 01:19 AM
PDF's export to Dropbox slightly enlarged and crystal clear. So far it's a page by page process.

JustRalph
10-30-2013, 01:46 AM
PDF's export to Dropbox slightly enlarged and crystal clear. So far it's a page by page process.

That's great to know. Thanks!

The page by page process is a bitch though........

Thanks.....!

Capper Al
10-30-2013, 06:46 AM
Bought TFUS card for BC Friday and I can't download it. Also, I did a save as and reconnected to the saved webpage, this doesn't work either. Help!

JustRalph
10-30-2013, 09:35 AM
Bought TFUS card for BC Friday and I can't download it. Also, I did a save as and reconnected to the saved webpage, this doesn't work either. Help!

if you hit the printer button at the top of the "fast PP's" tab. You must be in the "fast pp's"

wait 20 seconds and it will produce a new PDF document with the PP's

you can then either save it, right click on the doc and hit "save as", or then print it from the pdf just like any other normal doc

delayjf
10-30-2013, 12:08 PM
CJ,

I bought the package as well, can you tell me when I will be able to access the deluxe PPs?

ezpace
10-30-2013, 12:30 PM
those pacefigures.com condensed reports
for the BCUP WITH RUNNING STYLES AND LP #
BTW WHERE ARE THE PACE FIGS
MENTIONED ON TIMEFORM US SITE?"
I haven['t bought any PP[s there yet
becaue of no pace figures.shown in the free pp's shown on w/e.
ANOTHER QUESTION
if i buy pps for BC
I REALIZE pace fig is built into the final number
but NO LP OR RUNNING STYLE?
TIA CJ

Grits
10-30-2013, 12:40 PM
I bought the advance package and spent the early morning, yesterday, printing my TUS and Bris pages for both days. With TUS as Ralph noted, one has to hit the "print" icon on the "fast pps" tab. (A color printer is far more beneficial.) Plan ahead, this does take a good deal of time as races have to be opened individually.

Be aware of one concern. The Pace Projector box is not printable. It has not been since the launch in July. The preview page will print including the TUS' power picks, but not the Pace Projector. Ralph and I discussed this, here, a few weeks ago. So with this noted, if you like "hard copy" take a photo of the Pace Projector, or draw yourself some boxes and place saddle cloth numbers as shown. That'll work.

This is not Cj's area, so discussing it with him isn't the best route. At this late hour, though completely swamped, TUS' customer relations guy, Matt, is outstanding! No one could be more helpful.

Exotic1
10-30-2013, 01:29 PM
I'll look over this in conjunction with the PPs tomorrow. One thing, I'm not responsible for the Euro horses shipping in, those numbers are done by people that know A LOT more than I do, the mother ship Timeform. I only do ratings for the US horses.

A LOT more than I do

Come on, seriously - they have nothing on you.

For me, I'm good with the numbers no further instructions needed for now. If I need something, I'll PM you. Thanks for your help as usual.

JustRalph
10-30-2013, 01:44 PM
DG, check your PM's

I bought the advance package and spent the early morning, yesterday, printing my TUS and Bris pages for both days. With TUS as Ralph noted, one has to hit the "print" icon on the "fast pps" tab. (A color printer is far more beneficial.) Plan ahead, this does take a good deal of time as races have to be opened individually.

Be aware of one concern. The Pace Projector box is not printable. It has not been since the launch in July. The preview page will print including the TUS' power picks, but not the Pace Projector. Ralph and I discussed this, here, a few weeks ago. So with this noted, if you like "hard copy" take a photo of the Pace Projector, or draw yourself some boxes and place saddle cloth numbers as shown. That'll work.

This is not Cj's area, so discussing it with him isn't the best route. At this late hour, though completely swamped, TUS' customer relations guy, Matt, is outstanding! No one could be more helpful.

Grits
10-30-2013, 05:03 PM
(Dear Grits) thanks you, J.R. ;)

DG, check your PM's

Capper Al
10-30-2013, 06:00 PM
if you hit the printer button at the top of the "fast PP's" tab. You must be in the "fast pp's"

wait 20 seconds and it will produce a new PDF document with the PP's

you can then either save it, right click on the doc and hit "save as", or then print it from the pdf just like any other normal doc

Thanks, but is there a way to make a PDF for the whole card? I'm only getting one race at a time this way.

Grits
10-30-2013, 06:09 PM
Thanks, but is there a way to make a PDF for the whole card? I'm only getting one race at a time this way.

Al, I know it is time consuming but, no, you have to download and print the card by opening ONE RACE AT A TIME as I stated, hitting on the print icon for each race. You will have the PPs when done. This format is not like Bris, downloading, printing 63 pages with one click.

JustRalph
10-30-2013, 06:35 PM
They need to just package the PP's into a zip file for direct download as an option. This was a real pain in the ass............but I get it's early....... maybe next year......or by KY Derby time.

cj
10-30-2013, 07:27 PM
They need to just package the PP's into a zip file for direct download as an option. This was a real pain in the ass............but I get it's early....... maybe next year......or by KY Derby time.

I think it will be addressed. I have to be honest though, I don't get it. I have a decade of Formulator files that I never open, ever. When the software went away and before I started with TimeformUS, everything went web based. I only saved the export files, not the actual PDFs. I have a bunch of BRIS files too that I never open.

I'm genuinely curious, why are people so interested in downloading and saving these on their computers?

VeryOldMan
10-30-2013, 07:44 PM
I'm genuinely curious, why are people so interested in downloading and saving these on their computers?

Old-school and/or newbie pencil and paper hanidcappers sure wish there were an easy way to translate the TimeformUS program into a physical form like we can with BRIS, DRF and Equibase. That's it for me.

Grits
10-30-2013, 07:53 PM
That is it, VOM, and any school, old or new is fine. Its up to that person.

Cj, there is not a thing wrong with being a pen and paper, pencil and paper handicapper. Not one thing. And to be honest, I don't know about you but I'd rather drop, or have bumped off of a table, a few papers than my $600. Ipad any day! Too, try leaving it on your table around some of the fine specimens one encounters at their local OTB who could be out the door looking to hustle it in under 2 minutes...

Depending on the circumstance, the track, yes, I'll still use paper. I can choose when and where to take my Ipad. I like having the choice from TUS.

Tom
10-30-2013, 08:25 PM
If there were a data file to download, I would not use the PDF PPS, but that is there is now. Getting nothing but on line access for a few days is a deal breaker for me. As it is now, I can't do any research or database building, so TFUS ends for me this weekend. I won't be continuing with the current format. Without the pace figs, I am not all that interested in it anymore. It was the pacefigs that was the product, not the fancy new box.

JustRalph
10-30-2013, 09:06 PM
I think it will be addressed. I have to be honest though, I don't get it. I have a decade of Formulator files that I never open, ever. When the software went away and before I started with TimeformUS, everything went web based. I only saved the export files, not the actual PDFs. I have a bunch of BRIS files too that I never open.

If you rely on wifi connections at the OTB or on the road etc, you need a local copy. The local copy runs faster, is not dependent on how many people are logged into the network either.

Then of course some like to have a hard copy, ala Grits

Btw, the Timeformus server was taking forever to render a race for a short time this morning. I walked away for ten minutes and it was back to 20 seconds per race to render. Acceptable. But one router that fails between me and the server, I'm without the docs.

If I have hard copies, my Internet goes out, I can still play by placing bets over my cell etc.

Lots of advantages to having local data. Even if you dump it after the weekend.
I catalog the data and toss it on a backup drive.

Speed Figure
10-30-2013, 09:06 PM
I've never downloaded anything from TFUS and without a custom pp's generator and a data file it would really be of no help for me. Why would a handicapper not want to have the files on there computer? you can use them in a database, handicapp the races again, load the files in other software that is compatible. If TFUS ever get's a data file I'll be happy to sign up.

classhandicapper
10-31-2013, 09:10 AM
I have to be honest though, I don't get it. I have a decade of Formulator files that I never open, ever. When the software went away and before I started with TimeformUS, everything went web based. I only saved the export files, not the actual PDFs. I have a bunch of BRIS files too that I never open.

Sometimes I'm handicapping a race and I want to see the PPs of a specific horse or want to take another look at what the full field looked like. I also occasionally come up with a new idea and like to look at some back stakes races to see how it would have worked. So I tend to keep all the PPs.

cj
10-31-2013, 09:34 AM
Sometimes I'm handicapping a race and I want to see the PPs of a specific horse or want to take another look at what the full field looked like. I also occasionally come up with a new idea and like to look at some back stakes races to see how it would have worked. So I tend to keep all the PPs.

I keep them too, I just almost never really use them after the fact. Once in a while sure. Once charts are available in Deluxe it should solve that issue.

Data files (a few mentioned) are another story. I certainly understand wanting them. I don't know what the future holds in that arena to be honest.

classhandicapper
10-31-2013, 10:41 AM
I keep them too, I just almost never really use them after the fact. Once in a while sure. Once charts are available in Deluxe it should solve that issue.

Data files (a few mentioned) are another story. I certainly understand wanting them. I don't know what the future holds in that arena to be honest.

I was told pace figures should be ready in a couple of weeks. I know that work on charts is well under way. Data files might be awhile off.

Grits
10-31-2013, 04:48 PM
A couple of hours ago, I received my TFUS analysis that came with the Advance BC Package. Having gone over these for a good deal of time now, its well beyond obvious that great detail and work went into this overview, breaking down each of Friday and Saturday's BC races.

For anyone who had question about the offering, whether you're on your Ipad or printing the past performances, the analysis, alone, is worth the $19.99 price of the package. This is exceptional work put together by analysts on two continents. It will, no doubt, make my BC handicapping much easier. .... I'm grateful.

JustRalph
10-31-2013, 06:25 PM
A couple of hours ago, I received my TFUS analysis that came with the Advance BC Package. Having gone over these for a good deal of time now, its well beyond obvious that great detail and work went into this overview, breaking down each of Friday and Saturday's BC races.

For anyone who had question about the offering, whether you're on your Ipad or printing the past performances, the analysis, alone, is worth the $19.99 price of the package. This is exceptional work put together by analysts on two continents. It will, no doubt, make my BC handicapping much easier. .... I'm grateful.

Just got into it. Damn good stuff. :ThmbUp:

Niko
10-31-2013, 08:23 PM
Seems like most of the Euro horses are best bets based on the comparable figs? I was going to get the analysis and may have to yet just to see how they use the numbers

Bcatswin
11-01-2013, 04:40 PM
any picks for todays races.

Niko
11-02-2013, 10:06 AM
Seems like most of the Euro horses are best bets based on the comparable figs? I was going to get the analysis and may have to yet just to see how they use the numbers

Nicely done on the Euro numbers!-and in general.

Capper Al
11-02-2013, 11:29 AM
If there were a data file to download, I would not use the PDF PPS, but that is there is now. Getting nothing but on line access for a few days is a deal breaker for me. As it is now, I can't do any research or database building, so TFUS ends for me this weekend. I won't be continuing with the current format. Without the pace figs, I am not all that interested in it anymore. It was the pacefigs that was the product, not the fancy new box.

Same with me. TFUS ends with the Breeders' Cup until there's something to download by the whole card pdf or whole card csv.

cj
11-02-2013, 11:36 AM
Nicely done on the Euro numbers!-and in general.

Thanks...many said it couldn't be done, including a vocal member who has vanished from the site this year, but I think we're proving it can.

Tom
11-02-2013, 03:30 PM
All one had to do was try the numbers to be convinced.
They work.

giovanni
11-04-2013, 02:47 PM
I get the BC European edition yearly for the BC. It gives me a feel for the Euro invaders re the local talent.

I find the paragraph story description quite helpful, and the Timeform Handicap Rating is quite good. I actually like the British Timeform better than the US version.