PDA

View Full Version : SLEW'S FAST HORSES FOR THUR. 10/17

MeSlew
10-16-2013, 08:17 PM
Hello All! For Thursday, 10/17, a short post-holiday list of Slew's Fast Horses:
Belmont - 2,5,6,7,8,9
SantaAnita - 1,2,3,4,5,7
Keeneland - 3,4,6,7

All year I have been saying that I cannot believe this is upon us or that is here already. Kentucky Derby, Belmont, Saratoga, Jockey Gold Cup, and now, Breeders Cup only 2 1/2 weeks away. Then it will be Christmas and before you know it...we'll be thinking about Derby preps!

Boy...it's getting just like RETAIL!

For Thursday we have a Key Horse running:

Malibu Yankee - Bel ( 6) GP 12/01/12 # 8

Malibu Yankee was entered (and scratched) in today's 8th at Keeneland, which was a straight N2x. I did not post her for today (Wednesday) because I felt she should be scratched in favor of the weaker field at Belmont. She was, and now runs in a hybrid Optional Claimer sans the allowance condition. This has been one of the wrinkles added by the creative P.J. Campo in recent years for NYRA. So here, each horse entered had to have started for a 25K or less claiming price sometime in the last two years, or may be entered for a claiming price of 25K if no such start exists. No such entrants will be found in the starting lineup.

In fact, Ms. Yankee began her career at the claiming level with her first two races at Parx, with 3 of her 4 wins coming against like company. Scratched out of an 8-1 ML at Keeneland today (Wednesday), she finds herself tabbed for the Belmont contest at a happier 7-2, although she will have to deal with the capable Deanaallen's Kitten (3-5 ML), running for the juggernaut that is Chad Brown, Kenneth & Sarah Ramsey and the homebred homerun Kitten's Joy.

She likes to make a late run, and it appears that the outside post dweller Edie with Irad Ortiz, Jr. up, is capable of providing the requisite pace.

But if it rains, fold 'em and live to play another day.

I should add that if you are new to this space, use the link below to transport yourself to Slew's website. There you can read all about how to use my Fast Horse format, and then download the free data file which has the fast horses entered in the races noted in the table above. That's how this all works, so get some giddy'up on and get to handicapping!

Enjoy the Thursday racing...good luck and good 'capping!