PDA

View Full Version : Record keeping software

Segwin
10-16-2013, 07:42 PM
I could roll my own but have no time nor desire to learn mysql.

Looking for software that keeps track of your betting and can be queried to generate reports.

From my Google searches it seems to be very limited to almost nonexistent.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

detective
10-16-2013, 07:47 PM
Hi Gordon Pine has one or had one.Bettor Keep Track or bkt It was like 100 or 150 I think. It is a bit klunky about entering the data but it does run great reports once the data is entered. http://www.netcapper.com/NewStuff.htm

detective
10-16-2013, 08:00 PM
Foud this on at Gamblers Books

http://gamblersbookclub.com/BETTING-ANALYST-SUPREME-EXPRESS.html

mprove your results without changing your handicapping one bit. The power to turn your favorite pastime into a handsome-paying hobby or even a profession is already in your grasp. You just don't know it. And the reason you don't know it is that you're too busy trying to tinker with your handicapping without paying even the scarcest attention to your betting strategy and money management. How many times have you heard it said or even said it yourself: "I'd do a lot better if I only knew how to bet and manage my money."? Well, the practical solution to that dilemma is here. Get ready to do a lot better. We're proud to introduce The Betting Analyst Supreme Express, our newly upgraded record-keeping and performance-analysis software. It gives you the wherewithal to turn the drudgery and tedium traditionally associated with record-keeping and performance analysis into a fun-filled, revealing and ultimately profitable quest toward improving your bottom line at the racetrack. And it does it without bruising your ego. Cash in on the sublte personal biases that affect your performance. All of it made incredibly simple....and easier. Don't sleep on it - get the answers instantly, improve your results dramatically, at a price that's far from dramatic. Runs on Windows, MacOS X and Linux. Minimum screen resolution of 800 by 600 required. Connection to the Internet and HDW subscription required for the Lookup function.

atlasaxis
10-16-2013, 09:42 PM
Seg, for me it just doesn't get any easier than this:

http://cynthiapublishing.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=THS&Product_Code=BA-S&Category_Code=SOFTWARE

And no, no connection to Cynthia Pub other than a very satified customer.

Segwin
10-17-2013, 10:06 AM
Thanks guys. I was looking into BKT but it appears that that site is pretty much dead now. Even if you try to order it you can't.

I saw the other on as well but thought I'd throw out a line here before I tried anything.

cutchemist42
10-17-2013, 11:03 AM
So does the betting analyst supreme only work with the subscprition to the data?

TheEdge07
10-17-2013, 11:30 AM
So does the betting analyst supreme only work with the subscprition to the data?

Yep 9.99 a month for results

cutchemist42
10-17-2013, 11:30 AM
I'm actually wonder that when it comes to record keeping, what is most important to keep a track of?

-Distance?
-Type of race (stakes, claiming)
-etc

atlasaxis
10-17-2013, 11:53 AM

No, you can manually input results, but it is SO much easier to use the "results only" from HDW.

jeebus1083
10-17-2013, 12:12 PM
Is Cynthia Publishing even a PaceAdvantage sponsor?

atlasaxis
10-17-2013, 12:17 PM

No, you can manually input results, but it is SO much easier to use the "results only" from HDW.

DeltaLover
10-17-2013, 12:17 PM
I'm actually wonder that when it comes to record keeping, what is most important to keep a track of?

-Distance?
-etc
The Betting Analyst Supreme Express

The most important is to keep track of your PNL, the size and types of your
bets, and day - track - race number. You might add a short comment reasoning
your picks. Anything more than this is an overkill as is the "The Betting
Analyst Supreme Express" .

sally
10-17-2013, 12:25 PM
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what does PNL stand for?

ldiatone
10-17-2013, 12:31 PM
Is Cynthia Publishing even a PaceAdvantage sponsor?
no

DeltaLover
10-17-2013, 12:44 PM
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what does PNL stand for?

PROFIT AND LOSS

Segwin
10-17-2013, 09:00 PM

Interesting DL. On another website we were drilling down to male vs female in certain races (which actually made sense presented in its format).

classhandicapper
10-18-2013, 01:09 PM

-Distance?
-etc

For me it turned out to be odds and type of race.

When I finally broke through it was upon discovering that I was losing money making large bets on short priced horses (less than 5-2) that I thought looked like overlays despite the low price.

At the time, I also found out I was losing money on everything other than Stakes and Allowance races on dirt for 3yos/older and a few trainer patterns elsewhere.

Since then, I've expanded my knowledge and realized some of the insights I had into stakes (which I enjoyed handicapping) were not applicable to cheaper horses. I learned to focus on different factors for each type of race. I think record keeping helps you on the path to knowing what you know and giving you a shot at staying ahead of the crowd.

Segwin
10-18-2013, 02:10 PM
For me it turned out to be odds and type of race.

When I finally broke through it was upon discovering that I was losing money making large bets on short priced horses (less than 5-2) that I thought looked like overlays despite the low price.

At the time, I also found out I was losing money on everything other than Stakes and Allowance races on dirt for 3yos/older and a few trainer patterns elsewhere.

Since then, I've expanded my knowledge and realized some of the insights I had into stakes (which I enjoyed handicapping) were not applicable to cheaper horses. I learned to focus on different factors for each type of race. I think record keeping helps you on the path to knowing what you know and giving you a shot at staying ahead of the crowd.

What do you use for record keeping CH, home brew or commercial software?

ldiatone
10-18-2013, 04:48 PM

this is true, but with the betting analyst one can breakdown all races from 5f sprints to route races. Males - Filles, just 3yo or all ages. fast track or off track. just turf or just dirt. if one inputs their own bets it will show ROI and PaL also views whats placing and showing. everything from win bets to pick 9's. just to see what kind of races one is good at.