Atlanta: Mississippi State
Phoenix: Connecticut

Okla State over Ga Tech
Miss State over UConn

Final: OK State 72 Miss State 70

superfecta
03-18-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Valuist

Final: OK State 72 Miss State 70 From your post to Gods ear,that would be great.

Valuist
03-24-2004, 09:47 AM
Superfecta-

IF OK St gets by Pitt, I think they'll win it all. But the more I look at this matchup for Thursday, the more I like Pittsburgh. Pitt could've easily won it all last year; they won the Big East title and Big East tourney and a lesser team from the Big East (Syracuse) ended up winning it all. This Pittsburgh team may be even better this year.

Bubbles
03-24-2004, 06:56 PM
I see nobody beating UConn. Emeka Okafor is a huge presence inside, and if he isn't firing, they can turn to Ben Gorden or that Hamilton guy who was raining threes on vermont. I see them beating Oklahoma State, 79-72.

nomadpat
03-27-2004, 12:05 AM
Just as long as Duke loses sometime I'm happy. The same people rooting for Duke are the same people betting 1/2 shots at the track :D

Valuist
03-27-2004, 12:25 PM
Bubbles-

I think on pure talent, UConn and Duke are the two top teams. But I believe Ok State is playing the best as a team. And I would actually put Xavier up there, in terms of playing to their potential. OK State showed me so much, playing Pittsburgh's game on their terms, them just spanking them in the final 7 minutes. UConn has had 3 easy trips; beat a nobody team (Liberty), beat a DePaul team coming off a 2 OT win on one day rest, then caught a team with 1 star player who did not matchup well against the likes of UConn's frontline. I just wonder how battle tested UConn is after 3 easy wins; kind of like the Triple Crown. Horses really get a lot out of the hard fought prep wins. St. Joes has showed a lot of heart but I think it may come to an end today vs the Cowboys.

Nomadpat-

LOL. Duke and Coach K make it so easy to dislike them.

superfecta
03-27-2004, 01:21 PM
What can be bad about OSU is how they can go into a bad shooting streak at any time.But they may have enough depth that they can find the shooter on the team.I can see them beating the snot out of ST Joe,but if they cant shoot,then St joe could blow them out early and OSU trying to play catchup.I don't think this game will be close,I hope OSU wins,but anything can happen at this time in the tourney.

Valuist
03-29-2004, 03:59 PM
Superfecta-

I still like their chances. Duke and UConn may have a bit of a talent edge but I like how battle tested OK St is. Two hard fought victories over Pitt and St. Joes while UConn really hasn't beaten anyone who is overly impressive. Duke did beat two decent teams in Illinois and a red-hot Xavier team but I think Duke can be had in a half-court game.

superfecta
03-30-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Valuist
Superfecta-

I still like their chances. Duke and UConn may have a bit of a talent edge but I like how battle tested OK St is. Two hard fought victories over Pitt and St. Joes while UConn really hasn't beaten anyone who is overly impressive. Duke did beat two decent teams in Illinois and a red-hot Xavier team but I think Duke can be had in a half-court game. I hope its Duke and OSU,but I think OSU has everything going for them as a team of destiny.Senior year of the plane crash victims,best players are transfers coming from a Baylor team in shambles,would be a good movie if someone was crazy enough to make it.