PDA

View Full Version : The entire AMA weighs in on Obamacare

sammy the sage
10-16-2013, 08:09 AM
thought this deserved a thread of it's own!

The American Medical Association has weighed in on Obama's new health care package.

The Allergists were in favor of scratching it, but the Dermatologists advised not to make any rash moves.

The Gastroenterologists had sort of a gut feeling about it, but the Neurologists thought the Administration had a lot of nerve.

Meanwhile, Obstetricians felt certain everyone was laboring under a misconception, while the Ophthalmologists considered the idea shortsighted.

Pathologists yelled, "Over my dead body!" while the Pediatricians said, "Oh, grow up!"

The Psychiatrists thought the whole idea was madness, while the Radiologists could see right through it.

Surgeons decided to wash their hands of the whole thing and the Internists claimed it would indeed be a bitter pill to swallow.

The Plastic Surgeons opined that this proposal would "put a whole new face on the matter".

The Podiatrists thought it was a step forward, but the Urologists were pissed off at the whole idea.

Anesthesiologists thought the whole idea was a gas, and those lofty Cardiologists didn't have the heart to say no.

In the end, the Proctologists won out, leaving the entire decision up to the assholes in Washington

hcap
10-16-2013, 09:10 AM
Although there were some reservations and some complaining Mr "Sage", your inept attempt at humor, was just that inept :lol:

What Is the American Medical Association’s (AMA) Position on the Affordable Care Act (ACA)?

http://www.healio.com/orthopedics/business-of-orthopedics/news/print/orthopedics-today/%7B409ff8ee-27f5-4d9f-a773-d6520d54a565%7D/ama-announces-support-of-affordable-care-act-insurance-exchange-policies

AMA announces support of Affordable Care Act insurance exchange policies

The American Medical Association announced their support of policies on health insurance exchanges formed by the Affordable Care Act at their policymaking meeting. According to the American Medical Association (AMA), “exchanges should be consumer-friendly venues for patients to purchase health insurance, but they have the potential to do much more.”

BTW, there are other medical organizations that backed it.

American Nurses Association

“…[W]e believe that a vote for repeal would be a devastating step backward.”

American Academy of Family Physicians

“A repeal of all provisions in the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act will return our health care system to its previous trends of unsustainable, increasing costs and ever-growing numbers of under- and uninsured Americans. It will have negative consequences on Americans’ access to needed health care for years to come.”

American College of Physicians

“ACP believes that Congress should preserve and - as necessary - improve on these and other important reforms created by the Affordable Care Act, not repeal them.”

Association of American Medical Colleges

“The nation’s medical schools and teaching hospitals stand behind the Affordable Care Act. Ensuring that all Americans have health care coverage is a moral imperative for our nation, and enactment of the Affordable Care Act was an important step toward that goal.”

National Association of Community Health Centers

“From the perspective of community health, however, the new law moves our nation to the goal of more affordable and accessible health care for all people and we stand strongly in support of it.”

American Osteopathic Association

“The Affordable Care Act made fundamental and important changes in our health care system that will improve the health of our patients individually and our nation as a whole.”

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Now I'm laughing!

sammy the sage
10-16-2013, 11:09 AM
HL Mencken's quote about Democracy: "Democracy is the theory that people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard." ;)

classhandicapper
10-16-2013, 12:12 PM
Although there were some reservations and some complaining Mr "Sage", your inept attempt at humor, was just that inept :lol:

What Is the American Medical Association’s (AMA) Position on the Affordable Care Act (ACA)?

http://www.healio.com/orthopedics/business-of-orthopedics/news/print/orthopedics-today/%7B409ff8ee-27f5-4d9f-a773-d6520d54a565%7D/ama-announces-support-of-affordable-care-act-insurance-exchange-policies

AMA announces support of Affordable Care Act insurance exchange policies

The American Medical Association announced their support of policies on health insurance exchanges formed by the Affordable Care Act at their policymaking meeting. According to the American Medical Association (AMA), “exchanges should be consumer-friendly venues for patients to purchase health insurance, but they have the potential to do much more.”

BTW, there are other medical organizations that backed it.

American Nurses Association

“…[W]e believe that a vote for repeal would be a devastating step backward.”

American Academy of Family Physicians

“A repeal of all provisions in the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act will return our health care system to its previous trends of unsustainable, increasing costs and ever-growing numbers of under- and uninsured Americans. It will have negative consequences on Americans’ access to needed health care for years to come.”

American College of Physicians

“ACP believes that Congress should preserve and - as necessary - improve on these and other important reforms created by the Affordable Care Act, not repeal them.”

Association of American Medical Colleges

“The nation’s medical schools and teaching hospitals stand behind the Affordable Care Act. Ensuring that all Americans have health care coverage is a moral imperative for our nation, and enactment of the Affordable Care Act was an important step toward that goal.”

National Association of Community Health Centers

“From the perspective of community health, however, the new law moves our nation to the goal of more affordable and accessible health care for all people and we stand strongly in support of it.”

American Osteopathic Association

“The Affordable Care Act made fundamental and important changes in our health care system that will improve the health of our patients individually and our nation as a whole.”

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Now I'm laughing!

Almost everyone tends to be in favor of something they think will improve an area of concern to them. That doesn't mean they understand the long term implications of their economic ignorance.

IMO the groups that think it's a good idea to expand government spending on Obamacare are just part of an endless list of Americans who future is glum because they don't understand that an economic storm is coming because of unsustainable spending. So they won't be prepared when their savings and income is inflated away, government is forced by markets to make draconian cuts, and their standard of living is pounded into the dirt.

HUSKER55
10-16-2013, 12:23 PM
THERE is not one program that government does that works. This needs to be private and keep government out.

mostpost
10-16-2013, 01:38 PM
THERE is not one program that government does that works. This needs to be private and keep government out.
This is one of the most ill-informed posts I have seen here. Social Security provides retirement security and disability insurance for millions of Americans every month. There are financial concerns with Social Security, but those are easily fixed by removing the cap on contributions.
Medicare provides health insurance for senior citizens.
The Federal Aviation Administration keeps airplanes from flying into each other. Have you noticed how few airplanes crash nowadays.
The FBI investigates crime and does a good job of it.
The SEC protects Americans from financial fraud.
The FDA assures that food processing takes place in clean and safe environments. It also prevents unsafe drugs from entering the marketplace.
The EPA protects the environment.
The USPS delivers 5B pieces of mail a day with an amazing record of accuracy. The Postal Service's financial problems are 90% not of their own making.
Add the Veterans Administration, the Department of Education, FEMA and many others and you have government that supplies essential services in an efficient matter.

Of course mistakes are made; sometimes things slip through the cracks, but overall government departments perform well. Having worked in government for many years I can tell you the people I worked with were in the overwhelming majority dedicated to their job and willing to go the extra mile for their constituents or customers.

I can't agree with you about the wonders of private industry. I have owned a Toyota Rav 4 for five years. It's a great car and I have no problems with it. But I have received six or seven recall notices over the five years for various problems. If private industry is so great, why so many problems?

hcap
10-16-2013, 03:01 PM
Almost everyone tends to be in favor of something they think will improve an area of concern to them. That doesn't mean they understand the long term implications of their economic ignorance. That's why there is vanilla and chocolate.

Nor does it mean that some of us DONT consider long term benefits to society as a whole. Just because you think a mixed economy will be the fall of western civilization, claiming that healthcare professionals are to self-serving and naive to consider things other than self interest is a bogus illogical argument.

I think we have heard enough of conservatives using scare tactics on issues contrary to OBJECTIVISM and the erroneous claim that "deficit spending is unsustainable" and therefore A Priori economic truth, is pure conceit. To ignore what the AMA and many other health care professionals have to say is just dumb

The debate about ergonomic systems has not been won by Atlas Shrugged and Galtians yet. Using it over and over as a god given fact of life, and as a reason to reject all issues John Galtians don't like is what is done here over and over again. Proclaiming with absolutely no proof of "god given truth", that you gentlemen have INDEED the "god given truth" is laughable.

Tom
10-16-2013, 03:16 PM
....the erroneous claim that "deficit spending is unsustainable"

It is. Eventually, 100% of your income will go towards interest.
What great things do suppose we could be doing today with the annual interest payment we make?

Tom
10-16-2013, 03:18 PM
The USPS delivers 5B pieces of mail a day with an amazing record of accuracy.

I thought that said 58 when I read it! I was going to say I could that myself in my car! :lol:

hcap
10-16-2013, 04:03 PM
It is. Eventually, 100% of your income will go towards interest.
What great things do suppose we could be doing today with the annual interest payment we make?Not necessarily. John Maynard Keynes. argued that when economies are sputtering, the government must increase deficits, because its increased expenditures will stimulate the economy to better growth. (The time to slash government spending is when the economy is running at full clip.)

The argument that all deficits are bad all the time is your assumption. And part of the "I hate all government all the time" TeePeer crew here.

Tom
10-16-2013, 04:07 PM
How has 17 trillion in the hole simulated the economy?
If you take two aspirin, you might feel better, but don't take 900 of them.

hcap
10-16-2013, 05:44 PM
There is evidence that the stimulus did help and was needed. But as we discussed many times before GW really did a job invoking the worst recession since the Great Depression. 17 billion is mainly the price of Bushs' wars, and lousy economic policies.

xtb
10-16-2013, 06:02 PM
There is evidence that the stimulus did help and was needed.

There is evidence of bigfoot too.

hcap
10-16-2013, 06:11 PM
Beware of all them Bigfoots...

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012-06-06/business/35462388_1_stimulus-work-package-of-temporary-tax-tea-party-caucus

But on Wednesday, under questioning from skeptical Republicans, the director of the nonpartisan (and widely respected) Congressional Budget Office was emphatic about the value of the 2009 stimulus. And, he said, the vast majority of economists agree.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1111/68965.html

CBO: Stimulus added up to 3.3M jobs

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/21/business/how-the-fiscal-stimulus-helped-and-could-have-done-more.html?_r=0

The Fiscal Stimulus, Flawed but Valuable

PaceAdvantage
10-16-2013, 07:09 PM
17 billion is mainly the price of Bushs' wars, and lousy economic policies.Why even bring up such a trivial amount of money when considered in the grand scheme of things? It's not like you're one to worry about 17b or 17b there...

hcap
10-16-2013, 07:17 PM
I did not bring up 17 billion Tom did. I just refuted the implication that it was Obama that was entirely responsible and the western world was going off the debt cliff.

Tom
10-16-2013, 08:30 PM
Hey Chartradomus.......

hcap
10-18-2013, 04:58 PM
Hey Chartradomus.......Hey Grandpa, that chart shows my good ideas in a much more favorable light than "Bush's War"

Photoshopping is cool as long as you remember your original idea. Senility can affect any one at our ages :D :D

PS: Of course if you think my good ideas are good, I thank you :kiss:

Clocker
10-18-2013, 05:25 PM
John Maynard Keynes. argued that when economies are sputtering, the government must increase deficits, because its increased expenditures will stimulate the economy to better growth.

Keynes' writings about the effectiveness of a deficit stimulus assumed a small government sector, a positive balance of trade, and a generally balanced budget. He said that the stimulus should be sudden and short, with a return to normal government spending and a balanced budget.

Politicians who call themselves "Keynesians" are not familiar with Keynes' original work and are advocating policies that Keynes would never approve of. Even "Keynesian" economists generally admit that if Keynes was alive today, he would not be a "Keynesian".

hcap
10-18-2013, 05:40 PM
Where did you get this? Which "Keynesian" economists generally admit that if Keynes was alive today, he would not be a "Keynesian".

Milton Friedman or Sean Hannity? :)

sammy the sage
10-18-2013, 09:10 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Math trick:

This really works and will only take you about ten seconds!!!

Amazing it really works this is my all-time favorite movie.

I am very good at math, so I did it in my head, then on paper, and finally on a calculator just to confirm my numerical capabilities.

Each time I got the same answer, and sure enough it IS my very favorite movie EVER!

DO NOT cheat. DO YOUR math, THEN compare the results to the list of movies at the bottom

You will be AMAZED at how scary true and accurate this test is

1. Pick a number from 1-9.

2. Multiply that number by 3.

3. Add 3.

4. Multiply by 3 again.

5. Your total will be a two digit number. Add the first and second digits together to find your favorite movie (of all time) in the list of 17 movies below:

Movie List:

1. Gone With the Wind
2. E.T.
3. Blazing Saddles
4. Star Wars
5. Forrest Gump
6. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
7. Jaws
8. Grease
9. The Obama Farewell Speech
10. Casablanca
11. Jurassic Park
12. Shrek
13. Pirates of the Caribbean
14. Titanic
15. Raiders of the Lost Ark
16. Home Alone
17. Mrs. Doubtfire

Tom
10-18-2013, 11:09 PM
Heh, heh, heh!
In a fiendish laugh....

Actor
10-19-2013, 09:59 AM
The obstetricians have it right. :lol:

sammy the sage
10-25-2013, 08:52 PM
Going the paper route with packets coming via US postal service (uh oh)

Just got this from someone downstate a minute ago:

I wanted to let you know that earlier today I received my "Obamacare enrollment packet” from the White House.

It contained:

· An aspirin and a band-aid.

· An 'Obama Hope & Change' bumper sticker

· A 'Bush's Fault' yard sign

· A 'Blame Republicans first, then anybody and everybody' poster

· A 'Tax the Rich' banner

· An application for unemployment and a free cellphone

· An application for food stamps

· A prayer rug (My personal favorite)

· A letter assigning my debt to my grandchildren

· And lastly, a coupon for a machine that blows smoke up my ass.

Everything was made in "China" and all directions were in Spanish.

tucker6
10-25-2013, 08:57 PM
What, no three dollar bill in that packet with Obama's picture on it???

HUSKER55
10-26-2013, 09:57 AM
MINE PICK CAME OUT TO OBAMAS FAREWELL SPEECH

sammy the sage
10-27-2013, 10:54 PM
now from liberals OWN:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/saturday-night-live-mocks-obamacare-651110