PDA

View Full Version : Nothing like a day off

shouldacoulda
10-16-2013, 01:57 AM
I was looking forward to a 3 day weekend. Getting a new stove delivered which I was going to install. Monday morning got all the piping done and checked for leaks. Everything is good. Slide the stove in by 12:00 noon. Now I can spend the day playing the ponies.

So I go under the sink to get some cleaning stuff to wipe down the stove. Why is there water under the sink? Oh crap! I have a leak. Empty out the cabinet and dry it out. Can't find an obvious source but suspect the water filter system that has been a problem. Rip the whole thing out and cap the line. Just as I stand up I hear a bang and something sliding on the outside wall of the house. Oh shit! the truck going by took down my TV cable. I go running outside to see the truck way down the block and my cable stretched out along the street. No TV. No Internet. After a rather frustrating exchange with my cable company I was told they would be there between 1 and 8 pm. Played a couple of races on my iphone but it just wasn't the same. They finally came at 8:45 pm just in time for the last 2 races at mountaineer when they were done. Yup, nothing like a @*#%ing day off. :bang:

JustRalph
10-16-2013, 02:17 AM
Don't worry, in five years we'll all be wireless at breakneck speed. I am not joking either. There are two other technologies that are almost as fast that coud be available in 18-24 months.

The cable companies are shitting bricks over this. The big telcos are trying to outmaneuver each other on this already. Download a blue ray DVD in 2-3 seconds......

I suspect cable companies will do everything they can to stop or delay this stuff

http://gigaom.com/2013/10/15/german-researchers-smash-wireless-speed-record/