PDA

View Full Version : Bettor donates $26K winning ticket to charity

horses4courses
10-15-2013, 08:10 PM
At Keeneland last Thursday, an anonymous bettor donated a $26K winning PK4 ticket to the Make-A-Wish foundation:

http://www.kentucky.com/2013/10/11/2871492/keeneland-winner-makes-26000-donation.html

Good for him!

rrpic6
10-15-2013, 08:22 PM
I love this story! I even shared it on my facebook page!
RR

PoloUK6108
10-15-2013, 08:26 PM
I love this story! I even shared it on my facebook page!
RR

ditto :ThmbUp:

wiffleball whizz
10-15-2013, 10:26 PM
I wonder if the teller threw a hissyfit when the make a wish foundation gave the teller a air sandwich for a tip.....would donate more if I could see the teller steam

Shelby
10-15-2013, 10:34 PM
Well, to be fair, maybe the teller did get a tip.

If I were the teller, though, I'd want my tip to go to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

It's people like this that renew my faith in humanity. Thank you, whoever you are.

proximity
10-15-2013, 10:37 PM
people still use tellers? :confused:

Shelby
10-15-2013, 10:40 PM
people still use tellers? :confused:

I do when I get to go to a real, live track.

wiffleball whizz
10-15-2013, 10:46 PM
Well, to be fair, maybe the teller did get a tip.

If I were the teller, though, I'd want my tip to go to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

It's people like this that renew my faith in humanity. Thank you, whoever you are.

Yeah the teller I'm sure would have given a tip

I'd love to see this happen at the Woodbridge nj otb...any foundations relying on any tip from any teller or bettor would be at best case eating out of garbage cans

I wouldn't even be suprised if this story is fake.....I'm the bad guy for saying this im sure

Used to see the salvation army ringing bells outside freehold back in the day....there had to have been cobwebs in the hole where the bucket is

Also saw the bell ringers ringing outside the taj in ac one year people blew by the ringer like Kobe Bryan's driving the lane

precocity
10-15-2013, 10:52 PM

I'd love to see this happen at the Woodbridge nj otb...any foundations relying on any tip from any teller or bettor would be at best case eating out of garbage cans

I wouldn't even be suprised if this story is fake.....I'm the bad guy for saying this im sure
not really i donate 28 bucks a month to a food bank and have donated to old friends but if I hit 26k peeps going to have to wait a while!!!

PICSIX
10-16-2013, 06:56 AM
Great to hear good news for a change....I give him a huge :ThmbUp: !

JustRalph
10-16-2013, 07:07 AM
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107368

mentioned in this thread too. Lambo did his part

dkithore
10-16-2013, 08:12 AM
This is the true American spirit. Vow!

5k-claim
10-16-2013, 09:37 AM
From the article:
"We were in tears," Chezem said. They turned around to thank the donor.

But he was already gone.

She caught a glimpse of him turning the corner by the paddock.

"He said he didn't want anything from this, patted us on the shoulder, and walked away into the crowd," Cary said. "He said, 'This is for the children.'" Wow.

I admit that I do not always think about gambling, but when I do I will remember about this guy.

RunForTheRoses
10-16-2013, 10:10 AM

Used to see the salvation army ringing bells outside freehold back in the day....there had to have been cobwebs in the hole where the bucket is

Also saw the bell ringers ringing outside the taj in ac one year people blew by the ringer like Kobe Bryan's driving the lane

A little off topic but I remember seeing Celestine playing away in AC, may she rest in peace:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celestine_Tate_Harrington

Light
10-16-2013, 12:03 PM
What's more impressive about this gift is he purposely kept his identity a secret. I think he realizes that revealing his identity would just detract from his selfless intention by feeding his ego.

JustRalph
10-16-2013, 12:11 PM
what about the IRS ?

OntheRail
10-16-2013, 12:45 PM
what about the IRS ?
Screw the IRS.... Make-A-Wish is tax exempt. Put down ID# and pay 'em. ;)

Good Show... and God Bless to the Kind Soul. :ThmbUp:

horses4courses
10-16-2013, 07:01 PM
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107368

mentioned in this thread too. Lambo did his part

My bad...thread got by me :ThmbUp:

cratman
10-16-2013, 07:24 PM
Would the amount of the donation offset the income?

JustRalph
10-16-2013, 07:51 PM
Technically the giver cut the IRS out of their cut of the money.

I see it that way. You think there's a reason they don't know who he is or that he "disappeared" :lol: