PDA

View Full Version : NYRA tosses players a bone on Oct 17th

Stillriledup
10-15-2013, 12:12 AM
35k Pick 6 carryover and for those who never consider playing pick 6s, there are TWO different races in the sequence with horses who are 3-5 Morning line. So, you might be able to turn this into a pick 5 or a pick 4 depending on these races. I havent handicapped yet, so i'm not endorsing either horse at the moment, but you don't often see a couple of 3-5ers in the Pick 6. Gives the small player a shot to dip into the pick 6 pool when normally they might not be able to afford it.

Stillriledup
10-17-2013, 12:16 AM
Oct 17 is here, gl on the pick 6.

:ThmbUp:

AceInTheHole
10-17-2013, 07:51 AM
What's the deal with race 8&9 in today's Belmont card where they list a "leg a& b Belmont/penn pick 4?

DeltaLover
10-17-2013, 08:09 AM
35k Pick 6 carryover and for those who never consider playing pick 6s, there are TWO different races in the sequence with horses who are 3-5 Morning line. So, you might be able to turn this into a pick 5 or a pick 4 depending on these races. I havent handicapped yet, so i'm not endorsing either horse at the moment, but you don't often see a couple of 3-5ers in the Pick 6. Gives the small player a shot to dip into the pick 6 pool when normally they might not be able to afford it.

I do not agree with the title of your thread. The fact that the race sequence
contains two odds on favorites by no means implies an advantage to the small
player (or a disadvantage as well). The value of any bet does not depend on the
probability of actually hitting it but on the magnitude of the overlay.

Steve 'StatMan'
10-17-2013, 08:14 AM
What's the deal with race 8&9 in today's Belmont card where they list a "leg a& b Belmont/penn pick 4?

Belmont Races 8 & 9 are the first two legs of the Belmont/Penn Pick 4.

Penn National, a night track, runs the later legs, C & D.

You can bet the individual races on the Belmont and/or Penn Cards.

tanner12oz
10-17-2013, 12:13 PM
Short odds don't mean a thing...ask bettors backing wise Dan. Fort larned. Royal delta. Obviously. And departing...

Stillriledup
10-17-2013, 01:27 PM
I do not agree with the title of your thread. The fact that the race sequence
contains two odds on favorites by no means implies an advantage to the small
player (or a disadvantage as well). The value of any bet does not depend on the
probability of actually hitting it but on the magnitude of the overlay.

I'm not talking about value, i'm talking about hitting it. Its easier to hit it with a 3-5 stick ML horse than not. You rarely see a 3-5 ML in a pick 6 sequence in NY or Calif, most times they try and get those "sure things" out of the sequence, and this time, they had TWO 3-5 MLs in there (one has since scratched).

Ask a small player who occasionally plays a pick 6 if they're more likely to play it if they have a "Free square" or if there are 6 completely wide open races.

PaceAdvantage
10-17-2013, 02:24 PM
What's the deal with race 8&9 in today's Belmont card where they list a "leg a& b Belmont/penn pick 4?They've been doing this for over a month now every Thursday...