PDA

View Full Version : EBT Madness

classhandicapper
10-14-2013, 01:11 PM
http://www.ksla.com/story/23679489/walmart-shelves-in-springhill-mansfield-cleared-in-ebt-glitch

TJDave
10-14-2013, 02:23 PM
"there were so many people clearing off the shelves. He says Walmart was so packed, "It was worse than any black Friday" that he's ever seen."

Are they all on Facebook and Twitter?

How did they get the word?

Track Collector
10-14-2013, 02:26 PM
It just goes to show you some folks will try to game the system as much as they can. :ThmbDown:

johnhannibalsmith
10-14-2013, 02:46 PM
What is truly amazing to me is that even if you "get away with it", you are caught. Knowing that, at a minimum, your every future move with those cards will be scrutinized because you made off with $700 worth of Hot Pockets because of a technical glitch. This doesn't seem like the reward of temporary gratification justifies the risk for letting the state know in as clear terms as possible that you have no problem abusing the system.

PhantomOnTour
10-14-2013, 02:51 PM
Score another one for the classy folks here in Louisiana :blush:

TJDave
10-14-2013, 03:12 PM
What is truly amazing to me is that even if you "get away with it", you are caught.

What are they gonna do when they catch you, make you pay it back?

With what?

johnhannibalsmith
10-14-2013, 03:23 PM
What are they gonna do when they catch you, make you pay it back?

With what?

... Knowing that, at a minimum, your every future move with those cards will be scrutinized...

I suppose I'm wrong and that's what makes it a great system. There will be no scrutiny of these people and their accounts even after they take advantage of it without shame. If that's the case then I guess there is no risk, but I have to some faith, as I stated, that when you go this far and blatantly off the reservation that they gonna do something when they catch you that would make it a pretty shortsighted choice.

Track Collector
10-14-2013, 03:31 PM
What is truly amazing to me is that even if you "get away with it", you are caught. Knowing that, at a minimum, your every future move with those cards will be scrutinized because you made off with $700 worth of Hot Pockets because of a technical glitch. This doesn't seem like the reward of temporary gratification justifies the risk for letting the state know in as clear terms as possible that you have no problem abusing the system.

It's not amazing at all. Those who game the system usually get better at doing so as time goes along, irrespective of their conscience. It doesn't hurt them that their government friends are more interested in investigating their political opponents as opposed to their voting base.

OntheRail
10-14-2013, 09:31 PM
"there were so many people clearing off the shelves. He says Walmart was so packed, "It was worse than any black Friday" that he's ever seen."

Are they all on Facebook and Twitter?

How did they get the word?

ObamaPhones... how else.

cj's dad
10-15-2013, 12:31 AM
I have been unemployed for 9 months. Every 2 weks there is a stipend put on my account. I immediately transfer that amount to my checking account. I have worked for 47 years. I owe nothing to the government. I do not however, want the Gv.mnt looking at what I spend $$$ on. F---- them

LottaKash
10-15-2013, 01:34 AM
Score another one for the classy folks here in Louisiana :blush:

I honestly do not believe it is thing about Louisiana, I believe that this would occur anywhere when it occurred....Human nature, you know...:cool:

JustRalph
11-08-2013, 02:43 AM
Bobby Jindal is going to punish the participants

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/11/07/Louisiana-Cracking-Down-on-Food-Stamp-Cheats

Suspended EBT for a year, maybe forever

Hope it was fun!

TJDave
11-08-2013, 07:55 AM
Bobby Jindal is going to punish the participants

Suspended EBT for a year, maybe forever

Hope it was fun!

Punish the kids for having deadbeat parents.

I like it. :ThmbUp:

newtothegame
11-08-2013, 08:08 AM

And how would you address it TJ? You seem to be critical of punishing the EBT holder (because they have kids)....so do nothing?

tucker6
11-08-2013, 08:29 AM

The kids should have chosen their parents more wisely...

Mike at A+
11-08-2013, 09:20 AM

As Barry would say, "This is a teachable moment!"

rastajenk
11-08-2013, 09:27 AM
It's just a bump in the road. :p

TJDave
11-08-2013, 01:38 PM
The kids should have chosen their parents more wisely...

If they could choose to be aborted we wouldn't have this problem.