PDA

View Full Version : $430K PK6 carryover tomorrow Santa Anita

horses4courses
10-13-2013, 08:29 PM
It's not a bet I normally play, but I may just throw a few bucks at it tomorrow.

Good luck!

Stillriledup
10-13-2013, 08:41 PM
Absolute boxcars in the finale.

Quagmire
10-13-2013, 08:52 PM
You don't see a 131K tri everyday.

Stillriledup
10-13-2013, 09:01 PM
You don't see a 131K tri everyday.

I can't remember the last time a tri at any track paid 30k for a buck or more...this thing paid 60 for a buck. that's insane.

Stillriledup
10-14-2013, 08:27 PM
They have been showing the "tickets alive" today, there's 77 tickets alive to the final leg and i think there was 200 something alive with 2 legs to go...does anyone have the exact numbers on how many tickets were alive after 1 leg, 2 legs, etc?

ManU918
10-14-2013, 09:02 PM
I was one of the 77 tickets alive going into the last leg. Unfortunately for me the horse I had in the finale crossed the line about 10 seconds after every other horse.... I had the Peter Miller horse... The #6 who was the 5-1 second choice paying out 93 dimes. Instead I collect 5 of 6 and end up losing money....Sick game..

I made a crucial error in my handicapping which ultimately cost me. I went 5 deep in the second leg because I knew the 4 would get pounded and I thought he was vulnerable. I was wrong. So instead of having 5 alive in the last leg I was singled.

Stillriledup
10-14-2013, 09:59 PM
I was one of the 77 tickets alive going into the last leg. Unfortunately for me the horse I had in the finale crossed the line about 10 seconds after every other horse.... I had the Peter Miller horse... The #6 who was the 5-1 second choice paying out 93 dimes. Instead I collect 5 of 6 and end up losing money....Sick game..

I made a crucial error in my handicapping which ultimately cost me. I went 5 deep in the second leg because I knew the 4 would get pounded and I thought he was vulnerable. I was wrong. So instead of having 5 alive in the last leg I was singled.

Something similar happened to me yesterday at Belmont. I hit 5 out of 6 in the pick 6 and missed the 3rd leg, i was 3 deep in there and didnt use the 1 horse who tripped out, 2 of my 3 horses ran 2nd and 3rd with HUGE aim in the lane, the grey 8 horse who loomed up boldly and the 3 who was searching for room while full of run.

Welcome to the zig when you should zag club, i've taken so many beats recently for huge money on these same types of decisions. I didnt play the Pick 6 today at SA but here's a strategy you might want to consider for next time.

Not sure if this would be feasible but you could have done two different tickets the first ticket was the one you had with 5 deep in leg 2 to 1 deep in leg 6....the other ticket could have been 1 deep in leg 2 (the favorite) with the other 4 horses in leg 6.....this way, if the miller horse wins leg 2, you come alive to 5 deep.....if he loses leg 2, you're still alive to 1 deep at the end (of course, if everything plays out the way it played out).

I feel for you, i seem to be one horse away quite often myself these days.