PDA

View Full Version : I thought the Saints were good.

Stillriledup
10-13-2013, 05:30 PM
I guess a 5-0 record means squat.

wiffleball whizz
10-13-2013, 05:38 PM
They stink.....I get roped in cus line only 1 and a pip.....

Sitting here with a dressed to the 9s cj's dad and fuming at this dead play

Asked cj's dad why he wearing a suit he said he went to church but I believe he was getting ready for a raven funeral

Relwob Owner
10-13-2013, 05:40 PM
I guess a 5-0 record means squat.

If there is one mistake you can make evaluating teams in the NFL, it is going off of one game. You are going off of one half. Its a long game and a long season and snap judgements like this are pointless.

Maximillion
10-13-2013, 06:19 PM
Based on what Ive seen so far this season, the Saints are going to be formidable
all year in my opinion....even if they get killed in this game.

That said,its pretty tough to stop (or even slow) Drew Brees an entire game.It rarely happens.

wiffleball whizz
10-13-2013, 06:29 PM
Saints stone dead here at 17-17......what a snake I am

cj
10-13-2013, 06:34 PM
I see stillamush propelled the Saints to a 10-0 run.

wiffleball whizz
10-13-2013, 06:48 PM

The question is what state does SRU reside......there should be a pool

Stillriledup
10-13-2013, 06:50 PM

That was the plan, N.O. is one of my selections in the Whizz pool.

Stillriledup
10-13-2013, 06:55 PM
UT OH, the "mush" might not be a must after all? :D

wiffleball whizz
10-13-2013, 07:16 PM
Been telling cj's dad here for the last hour this is a 26-24 final.,,..**** my life

If there's a god on this planet Brady gets stuffed

Zydeco
10-13-2013, 07:19 PM
They stink.....I get roped in cus line only 1 and a pip.....

Sitting here with a dressed to the 9s cj's dad and fuming at this dead play

Asked cj's dad why he wearing a suit he said he went to church but I believe he was getting ready for a raven funeral
He knew the Pack was coming to town....you're right a ravens funeral...just barely.....

cj
10-13-2013, 07:20 PM
Been telling cj's dad here for the last hour this is a 26-24 final.,,..**** my life

If there's a god on this planet Brady gets stuffed

You're fine, #stillamush mushed New England.

wiffleball whizz
10-13-2013, 07:24 PM
How bout the saints try winning and not pussyfooting around

cj
10-13-2013, 07:27 PM
Dagger

Stillriledup
10-13-2013, 07:29 PM
Dagger

Best mush around? Cmon now Craig, you gotta admit i'm better than all the rest! :D

wiffleball whizz
10-13-2013, 07:32 PM
Dagger

Unfortunatly not really....filth pats getting ball back with 1:20.....should pass it a roll out is wide open here

Stillriledup
10-13-2013, 07:34 PM
Unfortunatly not really....filth pats getting ball back with 1:20.....should pass it a roll out is wide open here

Geez, we can't get rid of these guys. Keep that clock running.

Stillriledup
10-13-2013, 07:35 PM
You gotta be kidding me

cj
10-13-2013, 07:37 PM
You gotta be kidding me

You overmushed your mush. You are the king.

Stillriledup
10-13-2013, 07:38 PM
One thing about these Patriots is that the clock never runs. When there was 2:36 remaining and the Pats had two timeouts, the Saints ran a handoff and the clock stopped and yet, the Pats still had 2 timeouts left.

Does anyone know why the clock stopped with 2:36 left in game?

Stillriledup
10-13-2013, 07:39 PM
You overmushed your mush. You are the king.

Im the king of something, just not sure what. :D

cj
10-13-2013, 07:42 PM

That was pretty poor clock management by the Saints, no doubt about it.

Maximillion
10-13-2013, 07:42 PM
Pretty hard to not be impressed with the NE defense in this game.They look legit.

Stillriledup
10-13-2013, 07:48 PM
New England is 5-1 and they could really be 1-5, nobody has been luckier than them this year.

cj
10-13-2013, 07:49 PM
New England is 5-1 and they could really be 1-5, nobody has been luckier than them this year.

You are what your record says you are.

Relwob Owner
10-13-2013, 08:01 PM
Im the king of something, just not sure what. :D

Bad thread starting

horses4courses
10-13-2013, 08:04 PM

kw5UWqpcsDs

Maximillion
10-13-2013, 08:16 PM
Troy Aikman (who I usually think is great) called the Saints go-ahead TD a defensive "breakdown".To my eyes it looked like about as perfect a pass as you can throw into double coverage even if the safety was a step late.....hardly a breakdown imho.The NE defense was as stout as Ive seen from them since there SB days of a decade ago.

wiffleball whizz
10-13-2013, 08:23 PM
That was pretty poor clock management by the Saints, no doubt about it.

Ask your father I took the loss as good as anybody could....I acted like I've been down that road 1000 times!!!!

I've won and Lost games like this but kept telling your father the clock never moved between 2:50 and 2:20......it was like the pats had 40 time outs

What's lost in the shuffle is the call the refs made with that dump off pass tha hit the ground and they called a catch

Was this a boat game? :

Yes [X]
No [ ]

Stillriledup
10-13-2013, 08:48 PM

So, Zenyatta's record says she's one of the best ever.....right? :D

Stillriledup
10-13-2013, 08:49 PM
Bad thread starting

It was a good start to the thread, than it took a turn south, than it came back to be a brilliant stroke of genius. :D

cj
10-13-2013, 08:56 PM
So, Zenyatta's record says she's one of the best ever.....right? :D

I didn't realize Zenyatta played in the NFL.

Stillriledup
10-13-2013, 08:58 PM
I didn't realize Zenyatta played in the NFL.

She didnt. but her record is what it says she is, right? I mean, wins are wins, no?

New England might be a legit 5-1 because their record "says so". I havent been overly impressed with them.

Maximillion
10-13-2013, 09:02 PM
She didnt. but her record is what it says she is, right? I mean, wins are wins, no?

New England might be a legit 5-1 because their record "says so". I havent been overly impressed with them.

They did play against a deadly NFL offense today. D didnt impress?

wiffleball whizz
10-13-2013, 09:05 PM
Just for the record I know PA frowns on gambling between members over the airwaves here but I'll bet anybody here and lay 500/1 that over the last hour there isn't a more livid person in this country hanging up shower curtains then me......good way to punish myself

Must have mumbled "rehearsed game" 95 times....

Only saving grace is I don't have a tv to see highlights

Quagmire
10-13-2013, 09:08 PM
They did play against a deadly NFL offense today. D didnt impress?

Pats D played well but the Saints were missing a big weapon with Graham being banged up

Quagmire
10-13-2013, 09:09 PM
Must have mumbled "rehearsed game" 95 times....

Did you catch the end of the Raiders Chiefs game? :mad:

Relwob Owner
10-13-2013, 09:11 PM
It was a good start to the thread, than it took a turn south, than it came back to be a brilliant stroke of genius. :D

No it didn't. If the thread was about the Saints losing the game maybe. However, the premise was that the Saints werent that good, a ridiculous one given the half wasnt over. The rest of the game proved it was wrong, as the Saints played well and lost a game they should have won. Any thread started on the premise that how a team plays in a half somehow speaks to how good they are on the whole is misguided.

The only way "genius" or "brilliant" can be applied to you is that somehow you get people(I am currently guilty) to respond to your absurd thoughts/threads, which arent real thoughts, but just random things thrown out there designed to bring yourself attention. I have to hand it to you-it works. Maybe that is your genius.

wiffleball whizz
10-13-2013, 09:12 PM
Did you catch the end of the Raiders Chiefs game? :mad:

No with the exception of the saints game and tennesee game I saw no football...I dont even know all of the scores of the games to start doing the pool result......I think I have 9 with a play pending

Looking forward tO doing the pool results though

Quagmire
10-13-2013, 09:16 PM
Chiefs (-10.5) win 24-7 after Pryor throws a pick 6 with 1:35 left in the game. :ThmbUp:

Stillriledup
10-13-2013, 09:21 PM
No it didn't. If the thread was about the Saints losing the game maybe. However, the premise was that the Saints werent that good, a ridiculous one given the half wasnt over. The rest of the game proved it was wrong, as the Saints played well and lost a game they should have won. Any thread started on the premise that how a team plays in a half somehow speaks to how good they are on the whole is misguided.

The only way "genius" or "brilliant" can be applied to you is that somehow you get people(I am currently guilty) to respond to your absurd thoughts/threads, which arent real thoughts, but just random things thrown out there designed to bring yourself attention. I have to hand it to you-it works. Maybe that is your genius.

I enjoy posting, i was absent from this website for almost a year, if it was "Attention seeking" i wouldnt have just stopped posting cold, which i did. I had plenty of people PM me saying this place was boring without me and i ought to come back, whether that's true or not i have no idea. At any rate, don't take life so seriously, i have a few goofy topics here but most of my stuff is legit, i've posted serious trip notes that i didnt have to post, i'm posting winning sports selections in the Whiz thread, i posted a winner last night in the NHL at +160 hours before the game, etc.

I notice that on most message boards around cyberspace, when people "dont agree" with another poster its pretty easy to throw around "troll" and "Attention seeking" to try and demean the general body of work. If you don't like a topic or a poster, there's no law you have to click on the thread.

I could leave PA and never post again if that's what you want.

If anyone here wants me to leave, make it known here and now, if i get more "leave" votes than stay votes, i'll go, i dont need to stay where i'm not wanted.

wiffleball whizz
10-13-2013, 09:28 PM
I enjoy posting, i was absent from this website for almost a year, if it was "Attention seeking" i wouldnt have just stopped posting cold, which i did. I had plenty of people PM me saying this place was boring without me and i ought to come back, whether that's true or not i have no idea. At any rate, don't take life so seriously, i have a few goofy topics here but most of my stuff is legit, i've posted serious trip notes that i didnt have to post, i'm posting winning sports selections in the Whiz thread, i posted a winner last night in the NHL at +160 hours before the game, etc.

I notice that on most message boards around cyberspace, when people "dont agree" with another poster its pretty easy to throw around "troll" and "Attention seeking" to try and demean the general body of work. If you don't like a topic or a poster, there's no law you have to click on the thread.

If anyone here wants me to leave, make it known here and now, if i get more "leave" votes than stay votes, i'll go, i dont need to stay where i'm not wanted.

**** THAT!!!!!

SRU isn't going anywhere.......never have not clicked on a thread SRU has started

Brings up good discussion and says things that only other people think but don't say it.....sports threads racing threads SRU delivers!!!!

No lets have SRU not post any more here and get threads with guys posting 174 picks at tracks and have other racing threads that bring nothing to the table

SRU, cj, PA, and thaskalos post I'm sure to read!!!

Maximillion
10-13-2013, 09:44 PM

Its been said before I know.......but if we all agreed on everything we would bore each other to death.

JustRalph
10-13-2013, 09:55 PM
Troy Aikman (who I usually think is great) called the Saints go-ahead TD a defensive "breakdown".To my eyes it looked like about as perfect a pass as you can throw into double coverage even if the safety was a step late.....hardly a breakdown imho.The NE defense was as stout as Ive seen from them since there SB days of a decade ago.

I was thinking the same thing when he said it.

That was good coverage, ball an inch either way and he can't catch it? Incredible play, deprecated by stupid comments.

Relwob Owner
10-13-2013, 10:05 PM

I've noticed.

What I posted was my opinion, which I firmly believe in and is proven by the haphazard way that you post. Usually I do what you say and ignore what you post/say but that thread was so absurd, that I found myself wanting to post my opinion. I sincerely think that is what you want me and others to do and is why you post that kind of stuff but who knows.

That being said, I dont see how any sort of vote would be needed. You have every right to keep posting all the things you do and I have the right to my opinion about what you post and I have the right to speculate why you do it. If you don't like what I post, just take your own advice and ignore it. ;)

Maximillion
10-13-2013, 10:12 PM
I was thinking the same thing when he said it.

That was good coverage, ball an inch either way and he can't catch it? Incredible play, deprecated by stupid comments.

JR he had to be almost perfect with 3 of his last 4 throws....the recievers were blanketed.I hate to wax poetic on the NE D..(watch them get lit-up next week),but as of now color me impressed.

cj's dad
10-14-2013, 10:47 AM
No with the exception of the saints game and tennesee game I saw no football...I dont even know all of the scores of the games to start doing the pool result......I think I have 9 with a play pending

Looking forward tO doing the pool results though

Whiz, I e-mailed you the results with the spread and O/U

Stillriledup
10-14-2013, 02:32 PM
**** THAT!!!!!

SRU isn't going anywhere.......never have not clicked on a thread SRU has started

Brings up good discussion and says things that only other people think but don't say it.....sports threads racing threads SRU delivers!!!!

No lets have SRU not post any more here and get threads with guys posting 174 picks at tracks and have other racing threads that bring nothing to the table

SRU, cj, PA, and thaskalos post I'm sure to read!!!

Thank you Whiz. :ThmbUp:

Stillriledup
10-14-2013, 02:42 PM
I've noticed.

What I posted was my opinion, which I firmly believe in and is proven by the haphazard way that you post. Usually I do what you say and ignore what you post/say but that thread was so absurd, that I found myself wanting to post my opinion. I sincerely think that is what you want me and others to do and is why you post that kind of stuff but who knows.

That being said, I dont see how any sort of vote would be needed. You have every right to keep posting all the things you do and I have the right to my opinion about what you post and I have the right to speculate why you do it. If you don't like what I post, just take your own advice and ignore it. ;)

Absurd? A thread talking about a 5-0 team who might not be good or might be overrated? New England was lucky to beat Buffalo, Lucky to beat NYJ, couldnt do much at all vs Cincy and here they were, with no Gronk marching down the field vs N.O. like a hot knife thru butter. Pats lost Wilfork a week or 2 ago, Amendola was out of the game, Taleb was out of the game and Mayo was dinged up and they were still running up and down the field vs this supposed "superteam".

I like you and your posts and respect your opinions, hopefully we can be pals going forward. :)

LottaKash
10-14-2013, 06:37 PM
I

SRU, I enjoy mostly all of your posts...I have been informed a time or two by your thought provoking posts... Even if a bit abstract at times, your posts still provoke enough of interest to many of us I think, that we at least read them each time you post ... Whether we agree or not, I still enjoy your thoughts, out in the open..

Frankly, I missed your posts when you were on hiatus.... Your posts imo, are a sure sign that this is still a healthy place to come to for info and exchange of ideas...

Stay :ThmbUp:

proximity
10-14-2013, 06:54 PM
let's review things.

the patriots are losing with time running out.

brady drives them to the 24.... the new england 24.... and they fail on 4th down.

saints kick a field goal, new england gets the ball back.

brady throws an interception.

finally, new england gets the ball back AGAIN.... for a third time in the waning moments....

this time they (finally) score and because of this we have to hear all day today how brady is mr clutch???

lamboguy
10-14-2013, 07:25 PM
SRU, I enjoy mostly all of your posts...I have been informed a time or two by your thought provoking posts... Even if a bit abstract at times, your posts still provoke enough of interest to many of us I think, that we at least read them each time you post ... Whether we agree or not, I still enjoy your thoughts, out in the open..

Frankly, I missed your posts when you were on hiatus.... Your posts imo, are a sure sign that this is still a healthy place to come to for info and exchange of ideas...

Stay :ThmbUp:you got that right. he adds some life to this board

wiffleball whizz
10-14-2013, 08:16 PM
let's review things.

brady drives them to the 24.... the new england 24.... and they fail on 4th down.

finally, new england gets the ball back AGAIN.... for a third time in the waning moments....

this time they (finally) score and because of this we have to hear all day today how brady is mr clutch???

Has to be a record for most possessions to end a game....I swear that clock never moved between 2 and 3 minutes....

I kept telling cj's dad I couldn't win the game....never seen a situation where the team just kept getting the ball back.....I felt like I was watcing a horror movie where the monster just kept coming back to life...

wiffleball whizz
10-14-2013, 08:17 PM
Whiz, I e-mailed you the results with the spread and O/U

Yes I got them.....results will be up possibly after game or some time tnrw....maybe my 11 can hold up but I doubt it!!

Stillriledup
10-14-2013, 10:31 PM

Stay :ThmbUp:

Thank you Kashman, i appreciate the kind words. :ThmbUp:

Stillriledup
10-14-2013, 10:46 PM
you got that right. he adds some life to this board

Thanks Lambo. :ThmbUp:

LottaKash
10-15-2013, 01:05 AM
Thank you Kashman, i appreciate the kind words. :ThmbUp:

Keep up the passion of your posts, you are a factor here....My pleasure to say as much...

tucker6
10-15-2013, 10:44 AM
let's review things.

showing us all how poor the 4th qtr comeback stat really is ...

Robert Goren
10-15-2013, 11:00 AM
A win or a lose this time of year doesn't mean much. The trick is not to get too many of them now. The Saints are in fine shape and still have as good a chance as anybody in the NFC to get to the super bowl.

tucker6
10-15-2013, 12:16 PM
A win or a lose this time of year doesn't mean much. The trick is not to get too many of them now.
That's an asinine statement. Each win and loss has equal weight last I checked. :faint: