PDA

View Full Version : Foreign Racing via AmTAB

BillW
03-18-2004, 03:26 AM
America TAB is working on more foreign racing. Funny that Magna doesn't mind limiting handle and screwing horsemen, but draws the lline at giving foreign horsemen any take.

http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/todaysnews/newsview.asp?recno=43200&subsec=1

They are already handling some Dubai, South Africa and Australia. I guess they mean Europe and/or fuller schedules from Aus. and SA by this request.

Bill

cj
03-18-2004, 04:00 PM
Funny, I was hanging out with a friend of mine from England, and as he flipped through the channels, I could have sworn I heard the voice of Dave Rodman! I had him flip back, and sure enough, here, IN FREAKING LATINA, ITALY, I could watch maiden claimers from Laurel. Can't do that in the good ole US of A...ROFLMAO!!! (It was a British station, not Italian, for the record.)

Suff
03-18-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by cjmilkowski
Funny, I was hanging out with a friend of mine from England, and (It was a British station, not Italian, for the record.)

Shit ? When? I was in London 4 days ago for 2 days. What a city. I took the express from Heathrow out to Paddington Station. I stayed a block away at the alexandria. Nice. I was all over. I took the Baker Loo Tube too Piccadily Square... walked all around up into SO HO... what a pretty city. Had'nt been there since my Military days... Thoroughly enjoyed it. Sorry we missed each other... Its tough to stay in touch in my current Globe jumping ways...

I hope to see you at Toga this summer? I was going to e-mail you but I thought you told me you were in Italy for a month?
Hope your well my friend

SUFF

cj
03-19-2004, 02:10 PM
Hey suff,

I am in Italy, I was watching the Brits Satellite television.

Here is the best part...not only do they watch and bet on American racing, they also have a channel devoted to "virtual" horse racing...and they bet on it! Just a computer simulation. Unbelievable! We struggle to bet on real races from home, while they have real from ANYWHERE and fake ones if that isn't enough.

On the other hand, its probably a better product than most American tracks...LOL!