PDA

View Full Version : Should the Koch brothers be tried for treason?

Capper Al
10-13-2013, 09:06 AM
The Koch brothers financed the start up of the Tea Party and continue running the party under the disguise of being a grass roots organization. Their outcome has been the mass confusion about the country's well being, and the current government shutdown. There is no doubt that had the Communist party pull such an atrocity that we would have revived the head hunt for communist performing un-American activities. I believe the Koch have used their influence against our country.

Robert Goren
10-13-2013, 09:13 AM
Be careful here, Al. You beginning to sound as loony as the right wing nuts who post here.:rolleyes:

newtothegame
10-13-2013, 09:49 AM
Should Soros also be tried along with them????:lol:

ArlJim78
10-13-2013, 10:55 AM
love your perspective capperAl. normally one has to seek out a democratic congressperson to obtain such warped and delusional viewpoints.

cj's dad
10-13-2013, 11:00 AM
Should the Koch brothers be tried for treason?

Yes, right after BO is impeached.

fast4522
10-13-2013, 11:56 AM
Time for a tune that may fit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sastKEBZhXY

HUSKER55
10-13-2013, 12:19 PM
IT is called free speech and our government is working at its finest.

you put too much irish in your coffee

Capper Al
10-13-2013, 12:41 PM
IT is called free speech and our government is working at its finest.

you put too much irish in your coffee

Nothing is free about it. Those with the most money get heard.

Capper Al
10-13-2013, 12:45 PM
To conspire to sbutdown the government is not treasonable while getting a blow job is impeachable?

OntheRail
10-13-2013, 01:26 PM
The Jackasses (Dem's Logo seems fitting) could of agreed to any of the House Bills from 1st defunding of NoCare to 4th only it's roll back on date. Democrats in Senate would not.. they put party politics about the Will of the People and the good of the Country. That Sir is Treacherous in Deed.

TJDave
10-13-2013, 01:34 PM

Those with the most money get heard the most. For those capable of critical thought repeating untruths do not make them true. The Koch's owe their success to the Tea party rank and file. Stupidity is not a crime.

chrisl
10-13-2013, 01:42 PM
Coming from a guy who uses Al Capone as his picture? Now there is a great American.

boxcar
10-13-2013, 02:20 PM
The Koch brothers financed the start up of the Tea Party and continue running the party under the disguise of being a grass roots organization. Their outcome has been the mass confusion about the country's well being, and the current government shutdown. There is no doubt that had the Communist party pull such an atrocity that we would have revived the head hunt for communist performing un-American activities. I believe the Koch have used their influence against our country.

You say "against" But I say "for". ;)

Boxcar

RunForTheRoses
10-13-2013, 02:33 PM

Including Soros and the Hollywood Left.

Regarding the Koch Brothers, they are no heroes of mine, the actual situation is a lot more nuanced then a person like you can understand.

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2013/10/koch-brothers-are-neutral-on-government.html

BlueShoe
10-13-2013, 05:05 PM
If we waited unil after we tried George Soros and Eric Holder, and impeached Barack Obama, would that be okay with you Al? :rolleyes:

BlueShoe
10-13-2013, 05:16 PM
Coming from a guy who uses Al Capone as his picture? Now there is a great American.
Given a choice between doing business and negotiating with either Capone or the inept corrupt Democratic Party leaders, I would go with Capone.

mostpost
10-13-2013, 05:50 PM
I had to vote no even though I know the Koch Brothers are not interested in the welfare of the country. Nor are they interested in the well being of anyone except the Koch Brothers. But, while selfishness is always a bad thing-despite what Ayn Rand thinks-it is not a felony of any sort.

boxcar
10-13-2013, 06:00 PM
I had to vote no even though I know the Koch Brothers are not interested in the welfare of the country. Nor are they interested in the well being of anyone except the Koch Brothers. But, while selfishness is always a bad thing-despite what Ayn Rand thinks-it is not a felony of any sort.

It's not even a misdemeanor in the courts of men -- much to your chagrin, no doubt! :)

Boxcar

Capper Al
10-13-2013, 06:16 PM
Including Soros and the Hollywood Left.

Regarding the Koch Brothers, they are no heroes of mine, the actual situation is a lot more nuanced then a person like you can understand.

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2013/10/koch-brothers-are-neutral-on-government.html

That artical doesn't sound neutral if you listen to what they are saying.

fast4522
10-13-2013, 06:19 PM
You guys having lots of fun making noise.

sammy the sage
10-13-2013, 06:43 PM

interesting THAT you write THAT....as THE one whom you follow has PROTECTED them from ANY fall-out for what-ever CRIMINAL actions they've done....ie....bankers & auto-makers

said so-called leader has also exempted BIG money from following ACA rules...

talk about hypercrites...it THAT you or YORE leader...make up YOUR mind :rolleyes: :faint: :lol:

BlueShoe
10-13-2013, 07:07 PM
Be careful here, Al. You beginning to sound as loony as the right wing nuts who post here.:rolleyes:
No, no Bobby, let him go. :ThmbUp: We need more left wing loons here. It has been getting rather ho hum routine shooting holes in Mosty, Cappy, yourself, and the other lefties that dare come on PA. We welcome fresh blood, and all that. Refreshing to have a new target. :jump:

RunForTheRoses
10-13-2013, 07:28 PM
That artical doesn't sound neutral if you listen to what they are saying.

?
Like I said Koch Bros are no heroes to me. they should have the balls to take a stand but they don't. Not really sure what you mean but...whatever.

riskman
10-13-2013, 08:01 PM
The U.S. Supreme Court decision in the infamous Citizens United case, which lifted a ban on corporate spending in political elections, has allowed the Koch brothers' influence over American politics to go even farther than the past.

Al, you could join a boycott of the Koch Bros. products. Hit them in the pocket book where it hurts! I am sure you are buying some of them and you do not even know it. Your boycott will put a big dent in their bottom line.

Koch Bros. traitors? They are just taking advantage of their wealth ,influence and recent court decisions to publicly kick the ass of the cockiest Dem opposition.

TJDave
10-13-2013, 11:47 PM
The U.S. Supreme Court decision in the infamous Citizens United case, which lifted a ban on corporate spending in political elections, has allowed the Koch brothers' influence over American politics to go even farther than the past.

Ironically, the Citizens United decision made Koch's machinations using the Tea party no longer necessary. Corporations can openly endorse and more importantly, campaign against candidates. The subterfuge being no longer necessary...although, probably still appreciated. ;)

Capper Al
10-14-2013, 05:32 AM
?
Like I said Koch Bros are no heroes to me. they should have the balls to take a stand but they don't. Not really sure what you mean but...whatever.

The Koch brothers are working the public relationship angle on the issue. They can't come out for the shutdown because they will show their hand. It is just better for them to publically be in denial.

Capper Al
10-14-2013, 05:39 AM

I have the highest regard for your opinion. You are right about their action not being treason, but it's borderline treason with its selfishness. We should not forget that a small band of right wing nuts took over Germany in the thirties and brought ruin to everyone around including themselves. We shouldn't want that to happen in America.

classhandicapper
10-14-2013, 08:44 AM
This idea that the Koch brothers were the driving force behind the Tea Party movement is so nonsensical I'm not sure where anyone could come up something so stupid.

Libertarians have been around since before the Koch brothers were even born. I became a libertarian before I even knew who the Koch brothers were. I still don't know anything about them and don't care to either.

The Tea Party movement grew out of the creation of the internet.

As more or more people had access to non mainstream media, they started getting exposed to web pages like LewRockwell.com, the Ludwig von Mises Institute, financial and economic analysts that were educated in Austrian economics instead of Keynesian economics etc... That lead to a greater appreciation of the evils of government, the federal reserve, fiat money, the run away entitlement promises, foreign involvement etc...

That was all consolidated to some degree by the growing popularity of Ron Paul who became the godfather and voice of free market, anti fed, anti foreign involvement, gold etc... thinkers within the mainstream media.

As the movement grew in popularity and started becoming a bigger wing of the republican party, some mainstream politicians (like Sarah Palin and others) tried to weasel into it and others (like the Koch brothers) may have gotten involved. But those people had nothing to do with the grass roots growth of the movement. You can thank Lew Rockwell, Ron Paul, and economic genius of the Austrians for that.

fast4522
10-14-2013, 09:23 AM
A political maverick is someone who takes stands at odds with his/her party.
This is impossible to find with people who have been in office for 20 + years.
Some say the Tea Party has taken over the House of Representatives, maverick's in the Congress will be the only way to reign in big government and shut down things that bring equal harm versus benefit at a steep cost.
When there are two sides to the coin gain caused versus pain caused, maybe it should be shut down for a savings.

delayjf
10-14-2013, 11:09 AM
but it's borderline treason with its selfishness

Using that logic, we should we also go after Warren Buffet for tax evasion.

Robert Goren
10-14-2013, 11:15 AM
I had to vote no even though I know the Koch Brothers are not interested in the welfare of the country. Nor are they interested in the well being of anyone except the Koch Brothers. But, while selfishness is always a bad thing-despite what Ayn Rand thinks-it is not a felony of any sort.Selfishness is not always a bad thing, but as some the right wing nuts point about people getting some federal benefits it is not always a good thing either at least in their eyes. Greed, on the other hand is always a bad thing and is consider a sin. Even Heaven can't help those who don't know the difference between Greed and Selfishness.

classhandicapper
10-14-2013, 11:29 AM
Using that logic, we should we also go after Warren Buffet for tax evasion.

Warren Buffett is a fraud (an investment genius, but a fraud). He rationalizes his own behavior and beliefs all the time. What he's really interested in is advancing his own net worth. He's the worst kind of fraud because he talks "left" but he's more than willing to use his influence with politicians, the power of the Fed/Treasury etc.. to expand and protect his businesses, bail out his financial interests, etc... at the expense of the poor and middle class to accomplish his goals.

delayjf
10-15-2013, 11:17 AM
Another thing that gets me about Buffett is his call for raising taxes. Yet he doesn't pay a dividend on his stock, which would be taxable income. And, despite being worth @ 50 Billion, he only pays himself a salary of around 100K a year thru the sell of his stock shares, which is about the same amount he pays his secretary; then complains the system is unfair because she is taxed at the higher income tax rate while he only pays long term capital gains tax.