PDA

View Full Version : First time gelding

Clocker
10-12-2013, 07:37 PM
I just caught the end of a comment on TVG about a first time gelding in a race at Santa Anita. I didn't hear the name of the horse and then couldn't find anything in the PPs (bris) or on xpressbet.

Anyone know where information like this might be found?

jballscalls
10-12-2013, 07:40 PM
I just caught the end of a comment on TVG about a first time gelding in a race at Santa Anita. I didn't hear the name of the horse and then couldn't find anything in the PPs (bris) or on xpressbet.

Oftentimes when we've had horses who are first time geldings it's something I will announce over the PA system and it's usually given in the changes before the races.

However, because it's not something that's usually entered at the time of the entry being taken, I'm sure it's something that's missed and not announced until later, like the day of the races.

Clocker
10-12-2013, 07:55 PM
However, because it's not something that's usually entered at the time of the entry being taken, I'm sure it's something that's missed and not announced until later, like the day of the races.

I can see how the PPs could miss it, but the ADW should be picking it up under late changes.

I would certainly considered it to be a big change in equipment. :eek:

Tom
10-12-2013, 08:01 PM
When it is available, HTR has it is the PPX version of PPs.

Stillriledup
10-12-2013, 09:09 PM

To to santa anita's webstite (santaanita.com) and click on "live racing" and click on "programs" and download the program (not the abbreviated version, the full version)

The geldings will be listed at the bottom of each race (if applicable).

Show Me the Wire
10-12-2013, 09:19 PM

Discussing the improvement shown by a horse after being gelded prior to its last start. Horse already ran gelded.

CincyHorseplayer
10-13-2013, 12:06 AM
That's what I call my buddies when they get married!:cool:

appistappis
10-13-2013, 12:11 AM
tracks that don't announce first time geldings.....now they got a lot of balls.

JustRalph
10-13-2013, 12:13 AM
tracks that don't announce first time geldings.....now they got a lot of balls.

In a bucket.......on the backside...........

PhantomOnTour
10-13-2013, 12:37 AM
In a bucket.......on the backside...........
:lol:
Nice

Tom
10-13-2013, 10:48 AM
I thought they threw them onto the barn roof for luck?

jerry-g
10-13-2013, 11:00 AM
I had a cat done that way once. Afterwards he just laid on top of the TV
and stared constantly at my throat. :faint:

CincyHorseplayer
10-13-2013, 11:11 AM
I thought they threw them onto the barn roof for luck?

I've seen them on Diners,Drive-Ins,and Dives as appetizers called "Rocky Mountain Oysters"!:D