10-12-2013, 12:46 PM
pretty good game so far, texas looks fired up? 10-3 texas winning so far.lmao
mac brown all feisty on the sideline.

precocity
10-12-2013, 03:25 PM
wow good azz game!

Marshall Bennett
10-12-2013, 03:30 PM
They'll win this one for Mac so he can hang on to his job. Was hoping Sooners would waste them to insure he'd lose it.
This only shows the Longhorns have a fairly decent team, Mac Brown simply seldom has them ready. He needs to go in the worst way.

Dahoss2002
10-12-2013, 03:31 PM
Barring any meltdown in the last 5 minutes, Texas 3-0 in conference. Whole new season for the Horns.

precocity
10-12-2013, 03:36 PM
took the 14+ for the hookem save mac browns azz points! large :cool:

ElKabong
10-12-2013, 09:30 PM
They'll win this one for Mac so he can hang on to his job. Was hoping Sooners would waste them to insure he'd lose it.
This only shows the Longhorns have a fairly decent team, Mac Brown simply seldom has them ready. He needs to go in the worst way.

Pretty sure Mack is gone unless he wins the b12, right?. Chances are nil for a b12 title I'd think.

I was dehydrated, overheated and yelling my ass off, but one minute after the game I felt what everyone around me did.....Mack has a reprieve.

Like someone said on the fairgrounds, 'it was the most disappointing ass kicking of OU I've ever seen'....IOW we won the game (always good to whip OU) but if Mack keeps the HC job we've lost the war

wiffleball whizz
10-12-2013, 11:32 PM
Mack brown gotta go.....don't know who can replace him though chip Kelley?

dartman51
10-12-2013, 11:42 PM

Lane Kiffen is available. :lol:

wiffleball whizz
10-12-2013, 11:45 PM
Lane Kiffen is available. :lol:

Lolololololooo

precocity
10-13-2013, 02:20 AM
10,oooo reddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd board alert!!!!!!!!!! :jump:

wiffleball whizz
10-13-2013, 03:24 AM
This thread is the textbOok version of redboarding

The whole week all we heard was anti Texas talk now EVERYBODY had Texas today,.....Texas still has games against Baylor the pokes and kstate as well
As tcu.....not sure where the games are but they won't be a picnic

The horns are one 49-14 loss away from Baylor before we make believe this sooner game didn't take place

ManU918
10-13-2013, 09:02 AM

Chip Kelly isn't going anywhere.

ManU918
10-13-2013, 09:26 AM
There have been rumors for about 4 or 5 years that once Mack Brown is gone that Texas would offer Saban megabucks. Not sure he would leave Alabama but it would be interesting to see what he would do if that were the case.

Somehow Saban is only making $5.6 million annually right now. That is currently the highest but considering he has won three of the last four National Titles that seems a little light to me. Especially when Mack Brown is the second highest paid and is only making slightly then 100k less. That's a kick in the balls. Mack Brown has one national title and has only won the Big 12 twice.

Texas better bring someone in who can recruit. For example in the class of 2014 the state of Texas has 12 players in the national top 100 and of those 12 players only 1 has committed to Texas... Half of the other players have committed to other schools and the other half don't have any interest in attending Texas. With Baylor, Texas A&M and now Texas Tech (Bringing in Kingsbury who is showing early success), Texas better make a splash.

IMO your going to see two things happen... Texas try very hard to get Saban... Once that plan fails... They are going to grab Charlie Strong....

TJDave
10-13-2013, 07:07 PM

The whole week all we heard was anti Texas talk now EVERYBODY had Texas today

I had OU. I didn't think they would cover so I layed the money.

Brilliant play. :faint:

ElKabong
10-13-2013, 07:33 PM

The whole week all we heard was anti Texas talk now EVERYBODY had Texas today,.....Texas still has games against Baylor the pokes and kstate as well
As tcu.....not sure where the games are but they won't be a picnic

The horns are one 49-14 loss away from Baylor before we make believe this sooner game didn't take place

I see one person (precocity) saying he had TEXAS.....Yet you post "EVERYBODY" had TEXAS.

I worry about you, and your inability to comprehend. And please don't take that as a whack at you. It's the truth.

ElKabong
10-13-2013, 07:37 PM
There have been rumors for about 4 or 5 years that once Mack Brown is gone that Texas would offer Saban megabucks. Not sure he would leave Alabama but it would be interesting to see what he would do if that were the case.

Somehow Saban is only making $5.6 million annually right now. That is currently the highest but considering he has won three of the last four National Titles that seems a little light to me. Especially when Mack Brown is the second highest paid and is only making slightly then 100k less. That's a kick in the balls. Mack Brown has one national title and has only won the Big 12 twice.

Texas better bring someone in who can recruit. For example in the class of 2014 the state of Texas has 12 players in the national top 100 and of those 12 players only 1 has committed to Texas... Half of the other players have committed to other schools and the other half don't have any interest in attending Texas. With Baylor, Texas A&M and now Texas Tech (Bringing in Kingsbury who is showing early success), Texas better make a splash.

IMO your going to see two things happen... Texas try very hard to get Saban... Once that plan fails... They are going to grab Charlie Strong....

1-Saban won't leave for TEXAS (too old to rebuild, plus he's built what he's always dreamed of there)
2-No Charlie Strong. A lot of whispers about the types of kids he recruits and gets to xfer to LU.....That won't play well at UT, and Mack got a stern talkin' to after the 2006 season (clean the program or you're gone)

cj
10-13-2013, 07:41 PM
I don't bet on sports, so not a redboard, but I told all my tennis buddies Texas had a good chance. What has OU done this year that they should have been that big of a favorite?

They beat some nobody team, then had an ugly win against WVa, a pretty bad team, at home. They then beat a really bad Tulsa team in an uninspired effort at home.

Next was Notre Dame, who also isn't very good. It was a decent win though being on the road, not going to take that away. But next, at home against a mediocre TCU, they squeak out another ugly win. I just don't think they are very good, and the QB is REALLY not very good.

Dahoss2002
10-14-2013, 02:15 AM
I don't bet on sports, so not a redboard, but I told all my tennis buddies Texas had a good chance. What has OU done this year that they should have been that big of a favorite?

They beat some nobody team, then had an ugly win against WVa, a pretty bad team, at home. They then beat a really bad Tulsa team in an uninspired effort at home.

Next was Notre Dame, who also isn't very good. It was a decent win though being on the road, not going to take that away. But next, at home against a mediocre TCU, they squeak out another ugly win. I just don't think they are very good, and the QB is REALLY not very good.
So Baylor is the only team that can challenge the Longhorns in the Big 12? Just kidding of course but you are calling some B12 teams bad or not very good. My opinion is .... Conference games are tough no matter what conference... Certain teams hang their whole season on a single game. As bad as everyone thinks the Horns are, 3-0 in the B12 is not a complete failure at this point.

ManU918
10-14-2013, 05:11 AM
So Baylor is the only team that can challenge the Longhorns in the Big 12? Just kidding of course but you are calling some B12 teams bad or not very good. My opinion is .... Conference games are tough no matter what conference... Certain teams hang their whole season on a single game. As bad as everyone thinks the Horns are, 3-0 in the B12 is not a complete failure at this point.

Just because conference games are tough for every team in every conference that doesn't make the big 12 a good conference. Look at the overall picture... Yes Texas is 3-0 in conference... But look who they have played..

Kansas State who is 0-3 in conference and 2-4 overall not to mention a loss to a FCS team.

Iowa State who is 0-3 in conference and 1-4 overall again another team who lost to a FCS team this season.

Oklahoma is 5-1 this year but they haven't proven anything...
If Oklahoma would of played and defeated a team like Texas A&M or anyone good out of conference I would give Texas credit for a good win. But the Sooners played a very easy out of conference schedule. Notre Dame is an okay team but they are playing without their starting QB. If Golson would of played in that game ND would have beaten Oklahoma.

Ole Miss is the 9th best team in the SEC and BYU out of 125 FBS teams would probably be ranked somewhere around 30th.

New Mexico State... Well I think some peewee teams could beat New Mexico State... They are 0-6 and on average they are getting beat by about 40 points a week.

The Texas season will either be made or broken in the last three games of the season. Wins in the next three weeks against TCU 1-2 in conference, Kansas 0-2 in conference and WVU 1-2 in conference will prove nothing. They need to show up against Oklahoma State, Texas Tech and Baylor.

ManU918
10-14-2013, 05:33 AM
1-Saban won't leave for TEXAS (too old to rebuild, plus he's built what he's always dreamed of there)
2-No Charlie Strong. A lot of whispers about the types of kids he recruits and gets to xfer to LU.....That won't play well at UT, and Mack got a stern talkin' to after the 2006 season (clean the program or you're gone)

So your saying if Texas calls Saban and offers him between 8-10 million annually he wouldn't listen? Ultimately I don't think he would leave either but I do think that Texas would make the call... Saban would take the call because it would then induce a raise at Alabama.

I have to say I disagree with you on your Charlie Strong stance. Charlie Strong is one of the main reasons why Urban Meyer has two National Championships. On top of being a class defensive coordinator during his time at Florida he was always one of the top recruiters in the country. He's 31-14 as a head coach at Louisville and even though they play in what is now the American Athletic Conference he is able to recruit pretty good players. You say there are whispers.... Well give someone like Charlie Strong the resources that Texas has and believe me there won't be a need for whispers or transfers because he will be getting kids signing during their Jr and Sr years of high school.

precocity
10-14-2013, 09:45 AM
I see one person (precocity) saying he had TEXAS.....Yet you post "EVERYBODY" had TEXAS.

I worry about you, and your inability to comprehend. And please don't take that as a whack at you. It's the truth.

and elkabong the person i go too was dying to take it? when you coming called me about 5 times, since the game was at 11 am. so I got with him around 9.00am hell 5 dimes just on the vig. but got it all back.whizz nothing is guranteed and i know we bashed mack but i saw that coming from a mile. and ou is over rated just saying.

cj
10-14-2013, 01:51 PM

The Big 12 just isn't very good this year. Maybe Baylor is better than the rest, but we'll see. It is a down year for sure. I mean, look at Texas non-conference, and WVa against Maryland and then in conference.

ElKabong
10-14-2013, 10:05 PM
and elkabong the person i go too was dying to take it? when you coming called me about 5 times, since the game was at 11 am. so I got with him around 9.00am hell 5 dimes just on the vig. but got it all back.whizz nothing is guranteed and i know we bashed mack but i saw that coming from a mile. and ou is over rated just saying.

Dude, my post was directed at whizz (have nothing against him, as i don't against you, obviously)

glad you made a killing....this was one of those games i would have plunged a payczech on against my 'Horns, just as i would have in the Ole Miss debacle (win one, lose one). But I have no place to bet here in TX on games as I don't trust bookies

Football's a funny game. Last season we scored 66 on Ole Miss, they played a&m off their feet 2 weeks later....this season they kick our ass & they look dead, we look a lil better than 3 weeks ago.....funny game

ElKabong
10-14-2013, 10:10 PM
So your saying if Texas calls Saban and offers him between 8-10 million annually he wouldn't listen? Ultimately I don't think he would leave either but I do think that Texas would make the call... Saban would take the call because it would then induce a raise at Alabama.

I have to say I disagree with you on your Charlie Strong stance. Charlie Strong is one of the main reasons why Urban Meyer has two National Championships. On top of being a class defensive coordinator during his time at Florida he was always one of the top recruiters in the country. He's 31-14 as a head coach at Louisville and even though they play in what is now the American Athletic Conference he is able to recruit pretty good players. You say there are whispers.... Well give someone like Charlie Strong the resources that Texas has and believe me there won't be a need for whispers or transfers because he will be getting kids signing during their Jr and Sr years of high school.

I don';t think saban would listen. Only reason he'd feign it is for leverage (see bob stoops 2001-2006) and at his age it would be a waste of his time - he's financially set & then some

Charlie Strong > I keep hearing he'd allow Charlie Manson and Lee Malveaux to transfer to UL if they could produce on the field. We've been down that road briefly...NO thank you