PDA

View Full Version : Garrett Gomez

ManU918
10-12-2013, 03:34 AM
I'm surprised there isn't a thread about this already. I wonder who will pick up the mount on Emotional Kitten in the Queen Elizabeth...

http://www.kentucky.com/2013/10/10/2869875/more-difficulties-for-garrett.html
(http://www.kentucky.com/2013/10/10/2869875/more-difficulties-for-garrett.html)

http://www.drf.com/news/santa-anita-gomez-taken-all-mounts (http://www.kentucky.com/2013/10/10/2869875/more-difficulties-for-garrett.html)

Robert Goren
10-12-2013, 08:58 AM
Just a reminder that personal problem run from a death in the family to a drug overdose and everything in between. Don't be too quick to read anything into this.

Mineshaft
10-12-2013, 09:01 AM
and a divorce..

DeltaLover
10-12-2013, 10:14 AM
I'm surprised there isn't a thread about this already.

Maybe nobody cares about it?

linrom1
10-12-2013, 11:47 AM
Thanks for the heads up, he is scheduled to ride the best horse in QEII, but if his head is not in the race, forget it.

letswastemoney
10-12-2013, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the heads up, he is scheduled to ride the best horse in QEII, but if his head is not in the race, forget it.
He was never named to ride Alterite!

ManU918
10-13-2013, 06:25 AM

That's a pretty ridiculous statement.

ManU918
10-13-2013, 06:27 AM
Just a reminder that personal problem run from a death in the family to a drug overdose and everything in between. Don't be too quick to read anything into this.

So you think hes just taking time off?

DeltaLover
10-13-2013, 10:33 AM
That's a pretty ridiculous statement.

This is what you believe.

I think that the horse bettor has way more important things to think about than who will pick up Emotional Kitten's mount... I could't care less if it was Garret Gomez, Orlando Bocachica or anybody else and from what I can see the majority of the horse bettors seem to share my view...

Tom
10-13-2013, 10:54 AM
Just what is it you see that leads you to believe that?

DeltaLover
10-13-2013, 10:59 AM
Just what is it you see that leads you to believe that?

Is not that I see anything specific.

Why should I bother about who is going to get what mount?

I leave this concern for the agents and the connections.

As a bettor, I have nothing to gain by thinking about who is going to ride the X horse. I just wait for the entries and take it from there.

Relwob Owner
10-13-2013, 04:44 PM

This is a horse racing forum and he is one of the most well known jocks around so I think many care about it, including me.

ManU918
10-13-2013, 06:28 PM
Is not that I see anything specific.

Why should I bother about who is going to get what mount?

I leave this concern for the agents and the connections.

As a bettor, I have nothing to gain by thinking about who is going to ride the X horse. I just wait for the entries and take it from there.

When I started this thread, the purpose wasn't solely to talk about the mounts that would be opening up in Gomez' absence. It was to discuss what is going on in the life of one of the great jockeys in the world. Like Relwob Owner said, this is a horse racing forum... I think when one of the top riders just walks away from the game its pretty big news. Especially 3 weeks prior to the Breeders Cup.

You said,"I think that the horse bettor has way more important things to think about than who will pick up Emotional Kitten's mount". As not just a bettor but a fan of the game, I want jockeys like Gomez in the game. And it does matter to me whether Gomez is on a horse compared to the other jockey you mentioned. If you don't factor in jockeys into your handicapping then that's your choice. Some do others don't. Either way, I knew going into a race that Gomez would give me a better trip then most if not all in any given race.

PoloUK6108
10-13-2013, 06:46 PM
When I started this thread, the purpose wasn't solely to talk about the mounts that would be opening up in Gomez' absence. It was to discuss what is going on in the life of one of the great jockeys in the world. Like Relwob Owner said, this is a horse racing forum... I think when one of the top riders just walks away from the game its pretty big news. Especially 3 weeks prior to the Breeders Cup.

You said,"I think that the horse bettor has way more important things to think about than who will pick up Emotional Kitten's mount". As not just a bettor but a fan of the game, I want jockeys like Gomez in the game. And it does matter to me whether Gomez is on a horse compared to the other jockey you mentioned. If you don't factor in jockeys into your handicapping then that's your choice. Some do others don't. Either way, I knew going into a race that Gomez would give me a better trip then most if not all in any given race.

This.

Gomez is a top tier talent in the game we all love. Perhaps those only concerned about the money/gambling aspect don't care, but those who follow the sport as a whole most definitely care to know what is happening. Best wishes to go go Gomez and family!

Relwob Owner
10-13-2013, 07:46 PM

Ditto all of that. In Gomez's case, I find him very interesting and have always rooted for him, as he had a huge amount of struggles and had apparently tackled them and saved his family/marriage. Unfortunately, it appears that things have gone sideways for him recently and those things have slipped away. I don't know enough to judge or have an opinion on his struggles, but hope that he gets through things and comes out OK.

mannyberrios
10-13-2013, 08:04 PM
Ditto all of that. In Gomez's case, I find him very interesting and have always rooted for him, as he had a huge amount of struggles and had apparently tackled them and saved his family/marriage. Unfortunately, it appears that things have gone sideways for him recently and those things have slipped away. I don't know enough to judge or have an opinion on his struggles, but hope that he gets through things and comes out OK.
Me too

Robert Fischer
10-13-2013, 09:25 PM

Well Said. :ThmbUp:

DeltaLover
10-13-2013, 10:49 PM

I am involved with horse betting because it is a form of gambling and nothing
more. I think that watching horses running around an oval is neither any kind of
entertainment nor a hobby at all. It is an activity that can cost serious
money and also a huge waste of time as you not only need to spend time at the
track betting but more than this you need thousand of hours of dedicated
research if you need to maintain any hope of winning a few bucks out of it.

If it was not for gambling, I am pretty sure that I would have never step
into a race track, exactly the same way I have never been to a polo field or
anything similar. More than this, I no longer admire top race horses or jockeys
as I used to, decades ago when I started my involvement with the game. I have
been there many times in the past, fantasizing about the next coming of Man o'
War or thinking about how great Kelso really was. Not anymore though... I have
reached the conclusion that the game is solely about gambling and everything
else is just an illusion. The reality of the game leaves no room for
romanticism, not only for the anonymous horse bettor but for everyone involved.

Breeders, owners, trainers, jockeys and anyone related with the game as an
insider seems to lack the sportsmanship that centuries ago initiated the origins
of the breed and the game, so it is a natural consequence the same to apply to
the horse bettor as well.

Talking about jockeys as a handicapping factor is another story of course. In
my book jockeys do not represent a significant handicapping aspect and I believe
I have enough evidence to support my view. Besides that, I can still
understand people who are trying to consider jockeys in their methodology, but
this is not the same as thinking days ahead who is going to ride a specific
horse. I consider this to be completely meaningless and a total waste of energy.

pele polo
06-30-2014, 09:59 PM
So where's Go-Go ?

open_question
06-30-2014, 10:06 PM
So where's Go-Go ?

I've been wondering the same thing.

Stillriledup
06-30-2014, 10:16 PM
I've been wondering the same thing.

he seems to have posted on Twitter, so i think that's good news.

https://twitter.com/gogowins1

Mineshaft
06-30-2014, 10:22 PM
Del Mar?