PDA

View Full Version : Support for 3rd party is there -- from both sides!

DJofSD
10-11-2013, 04:42 PM
http://www.gallup.com/poll/165392/perceived-need-third-party-reaches-new-high.aspx

"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
Of cabbages—and kings—
And why the sea is boiling hot—
And whether pigs have wings."
—Through the Looking-Glass

Indeed, the time has come.

Time to break a few eggs -- and other things.

Jay Trotter
10-11-2013, 05:17 PM
So, where in the political spectrum would this 3rd party fit in?

Don't we already go Tea Party - Republican - Democrat. Just because the two existing parties are in disfavor doesn't mean a 3rd party would succeed.

TJDave
10-11-2013, 05:36 PM
I would favor a constitutional convention and parliamentary government, as well.

DJofSD
10-11-2013, 07:08 PM
So, where in the political spectrum would this 3rd party fit in?

Don't we already go Tea Party - Republican - Democrat. Just because the two existing parties are in disfavor doesn't mean a 3rd party would succeed.
Well, there's a lot of room in the spectrum especially when you realize the two major parties occupy the left and extreme left end.

Jay Trotter
10-11-2013, 07:18 PM
Well, there's a lot of room in the spectrum especially when you realize the two major parties occupy the left and extreme left end.Well, good luck with that! :lol:

Ocala Mike
10-11-2013, 07:55 PM
Growing up in New York during the 50's and 60's, there were always three parties: Republican, Democrat, and Liberal. Often, the Liberal candidate would draw votes from the Democrat, leading to the Republican getting elected.

If DJofSD has it right, it would seem only fitting that we go to Republican, Democrat, and Tea Party, which would insure many future victories for the left-leaners.

Tom
10-11-2013, 08:29 PM
The republican party will be short-lived.
They are basically democrats now as it is.
That will be fixed.

Ocala Mike
10-11-2013, 08:39 PM
The republican party will be short-lived.
They are basically democrats now as it is.
That will be fixed.

So, Tom, are you saying there will be two parties, Democrat and Tea Party? Bodes poorly for "your ilk," I would think (I like that word, too).

Tom
10-11-2013, 08:51 PM
The republican party is nothing more than a vehicle for conservatives.
Without the conservatives, they lose.
Losers like Boehner and McCain will be purged and then there will be two parties - the party of principals and the party of hand outs.

Jay Trotter
10-11-2013, 09:15 PM
Tom, you seriously lack any credibility with that statement. When your "fantasy party" right of today's Republicans wins I will bow to your greatness. :faint:

JustRalph
10-11-2013, 10:15 PM
Tom, you seriously lack any credibility with that statement. When your "fantasy party" right of today's Republicans wins I will bow to your greatness. :faint:

Be careful what you wish for

I think somewhere in the middle is what's about to actually happen. McCain and his ilk are done after the last two days

Tom
10-11-2013, 10:46 PM

Not necessary.
Lacking credibility with lefties is reward enough. ;)

Tom
10-11-2013, 10:47 PM
Be careful what you wish for

I think somewhere in the middle is what's about to actually happen. McCain and his ilk are done after the last two days

McCain was done after 1947.

newtothegame
10-11-2013, 10:52 PM
You need not look further then the last midterms in the house....thats why the repugs like McCain. are bitching now...
He will be gone soon enough....:lol:

Tom
10-11-2013, 11:20 PM
As they say in Canada, he will soon be oot!

Robert Goren
10-11-2013, 11:27 PM
Without the GOP, very few conservatives would get elected. That is what conservatives like Tom don't realize. Even with the cover of the GOP, a hard right candidate often gets crushed outside of the South in a general election. Perhaps, this is best illustrated in the Indiana Senate race of 2012. The tea party caused the GOP to dump Lugar in favor of a hard right candidate, Richard Mourdock who then lost the safe GOP senate seat to a democrat by 7%. Even if you add in the Libertarian candidate they still lose. Lugar would have won easily. Any democrat will tell you, we had no chance against Lugar. Thank you Tea Party for giving us Liberals another yet another senate seat. We will take all the help you want to give us. ;)

Tom
10-11-2013, 11:29 PM
Bobby, you need to get out more.
A lot more.

newtothegame
10-11-2013, 11:30 PM
Looks like Bobby has been smoking that corn in Nebraska.....
Ummm Bobby, its for cooking!!!! :bang: