PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Peterson taking care of "personal issues"

Bettowin
10-11-2013, 12:07 PM
I heard about it yesterday on Minneapolis radio and now just heard he was in South Dakota attending two a 2 year old boy who is in critical condition after being beaten by a man dating his mother. The report couldn't confirm the relationship between the boy and AP but everything indicates the boy is his son.

No need to prosecute the guy just leave him alone with AP for 10 minutes.

Rookies
10-11-2013, 01:23 PM
This guy is making 14 mill and on his way to 100 mill over the next 7 years and this was the best he could do for his own son??? :ThmbDown:

Robert Fischer
10-11-2013, 02:46 PM
these knucklehead football players...

not only do ill advised kids cost them $$, but that sometimes puts a crazy woman in your life for 18 years.

That girl he met at da' club, just might not be ideal mother material...

ManU918
10-11-2013, 03:58 PM
This guy is making 14 mill and on his way to 100 mill over the next 7 years and this was the best he could do for his own son??? :ThmbDown:

If he isn't with this girl anymore and he doesn't have custody how is it his fault?

Stillriledup
10-11-2013, 05:36 PM
The little boy died.

RIP, what a shame.

TJDave
10-11-2013, 06:01 PM
If he isn't with this girl anymore and he doesn't have custody how is it his fault?

If he fought for and was denied custody then you would have a point.

Dahoss2002
10-12-2013, 03:42 AM
Prayers for Adrian and his son.

burnsy
10-12-2013, 07:55 AM

How is it his fault? This is the problem with society........no one is responsible for their OWN behavior. The fool that beat this poor kid is the one at fault and possibly the mother for putting her family in this situation. Heres a newsflash for the people that never been separated or divorced (especially in the states, i live in NY). The biological mother gets the kids in a very high percentage of cases. Family court is more like "kangaroo" court. I had to fight for years to get my kids and it finally happened. But maybe he wanted the son to be with his mother and did not know what was going on. Its not natural for people to be beating people, especially kids. There are two people responsible for this awful tradgedy....the mother and the scumbag. If you did make a mistake and get someone pregnant, you can't be held responsible for what the mother does........they are going to grant custody until she is a proven "unfit"......thats just how it goes. Try being the father...i've been there and your rights suck ass. But they want your money...of course. Once that happens, you can't be there every minute.

wiffleball whizz
10-12-2013, 11:11 AM
How is it his fault? This is the problem with society........no one is responsible for their OWN behavior. The fool that beat this poor kid is the one at fault and possibly the mother for putting her family in this situation. Heres a newsflash for the people that never been separated or divorced (especially in the states, i live in NY). The biological mother gets the kids in a very high percentage of cases. Family court is more like "kangaroo" court. I had to fight for years to get my kids and it finally happened. But maybe he wanted the son to be with his mother and did not know what was going on. Its not natural for people to be beating people, especially kids. There are two people responsible for this awful tradgedy....the mother and the scumbag. If you did make a mistake and get someone pregnant, you can't be held responsible for what the mother does........they are going to grant custody until she is a proven "unfit"......thats just how it goes. Try being the father...i've been there and your rights suck ass. But they want your money...of course. Once that happens, you can't be there every minute.

Well said!!

Ocala Mike
10-12-2013, 02:48 PM
What burnsy said. I actually worked for a couple of years down here in Child Support Enforcement as a case auditor. Got sick of telling my bosses that the non-custodial parent (usually the father) had his case paid up, when they wanted me to come up with a finding detrimental to him because the mother was complaining (usually on her way to the hairdresser or manicurist so she could look good while going out clubbing). Also got sick of the moms on welfare with their 3-word epithet, "Where's my check?"

System definitely stacked against the dads.

jballscalls
10-12-2013, 07:34 PM
Ditto also what Burnsy said.

ElKabong
10-12-2013, 09:40 PM
How is it his fault? This is the problem with society.......

Since you asked..., Peterson's role in this was no more than bagging a piece of ass. If he was a true dad to the kid this wouldn't have happened. Instead, he was an absent father, the kid had no protection other than a mom that jumps from bed to bed

Now the kid's dead.

I'm not absolving the murderer so don't get me wrong. I hope he gets the death penalty. But to claim AD had no responsibility would be incorrect. He could have been an active part of the kid's life. But he chose not to (which was bad choice #2, behind not using a rubber)

Relwob Owner
10-12-2013, 09:56 PM
Since you asked..., Peterson's role in this was no more than bagging a piece of ass. If he was a true dad to the kid this wouldn't have happened. Instead, he was an absent father, the kid had no protection other than a mom that jumps from bed to bed

Now the kid's dead.

I'm not absolving the murderer so don't get me wrong. I hope he gets the death penalty. But to claim AD had no responsibility would be incorrect. He could have been an active part of the kid's life. But he chose not to (which was bad choice #2, behind not using a rubber)

Not sure so sure about this. I just read that AP didnt know he was the father until a few months ago. According to what I read, the mother thought another guy was the dad, went for child support, and it was proven AP was the Dad. Not sure if this is true but if it is, find it hard to see AP as responsible in any way.

thaskalos
10-12-2013, 10:15 PM
Not sure so sure about this. I just read that AP didnt know he was the father until a few months ago. According to what I read, the mother thought another guy was the dad, went for child support, and it was proven AP was the Dad. Not sure if this is true but if it is, find it hard to see AP as responsible in any way.
Reports indicate that Peterson may have at least two other kids...with at least two different women. A person must bear SOME responsibility for helping to bring children into this world, IMO.

It appears that it may be more difficult to be a star dad than it is to be a star athlete.

Relwob Owner
10-12-2013, 10:24 PM
Reports indicate that Peterson may have at least two other kids...with at least two different women. A person must bear SOME responsibility for helping to bring children into this world, IMO.

It appears that it may be more difficult to be a star dad than it is to be a star athlete.

Do you have knowledge that he hasn't taken responsibility for his kids? What I read also said that when he was informed he was the father, he didn't object or question it in any way and asked how he could help. I think it is amazing how many people are judging him without having any actual facts to base their opinions on. Maybe he hasn't been there as a dad but does anyone who is accusing him of this actually know it to be true?

The poster I was responding to implied that AP somehow bore some responsibility in his child's death, which I just dont see. From what I have read, the brunt of responsibility(outside of the shithead that allegedly murdered the boy) lies with the mom who left the boy with someone who I read had previous domestic charges.

thaskalos
10-12-2013, 10:36 PM
Do you have knowledge that he hasn't taken responsibility for his kids? What I read also said that when he was informed he was the father, he didn't object or question it in any way and asked how he could help. I think it is amazing how many people are judging him without having any actual facts to base their opinions on. Maybe he hasn't been there as a dad but does anyone who is accusing him of this actually know it to be true?

The poster I was responding to implied that AP somehow bore some responsibility in his child's death, which I just dont see. From what I have read, the brunt of responsibility(outside of the shithead that allegedly murdered the boy) lies with the mom who left the boy with someone who I read had previous domestic charges.
I don't know how "responsible" a dad he is to his kids...but I do know that kids have a right to expect a little more than just financial support from their parents.

I am not criticizing Adrian Peterson...except to say that he perhaps does not qualify for the "Father of the Year" award. Not many star athletes do...

Relwob Owner
10-12-2013, 10:44 PM
I don't know how "responsible" a dad he is to his kids...but I do know that kids have a right to expect a little more than just financial support from their parents.

I am not criticizing Adrian Peterson...except to say that he perhaps does not qualify for the "Father of the Year" award. Not many star athletes do...

Seemed like you were criticizing him, implied from your assertion that it is perhaps easier to be a star athlete than a star dad.

I still wonder. Do you know he provides little more than financial support to his two kids? If you do and you are right, I agree but I would doubt you know this for sure. I totally agree, though, that kids have a right to expect more than financial support from their parents and can only hope he provides it to the kids he has.

Striker
10-13-2013, 01:28 AM
I'm not absolving the murderer so don't get me wrong. I hope he gets the death penalty.
I'd vote to force the guy into spending an hour in the Vikings locker room. I will never understand how an adult can abuse a child.

wiffleball whizz
10-13-2013, 05:43 AM
I'd vote to force the guy into spending an hour in the Vikings locker room. I will never understand how an adult can abuse a child.

Any adult who abused a child let alone a 2 year old toddler should die the worst death possible:......cancer should be reserved for these people....I wish nothing but the worst on these people

ManU918
10-13-2013, 09:35 AM
Any adult who abused a child let alone a 2 year old toddler should die the worst death possible:......cancer should be reserved for these people....I wish nothing but the worst on these people

This guy will be taken care of when he is behind bars.

Ocala Mike
10-13-2013, 12:29 PM
The noncustodial parent in these cases often can't be there for the child very often due to the court order limiting visitation privileges most of the time. Depending on the degree of acrimony between the parents, these privileges can be quite restrictive.

The dads I dealt with (not the deadbeats) almost always complained to me that "she won't let me see the kid(s) even though I'm paying support as ordered." Difficult for them to go back to court to get this part of the order enforced, but easy for the moms to come into Child Support and get the financial part of the order enforced.

cj
10-13-2013, 04:27 PM

There is more to taking care of kids than giving money. Of course Adrian Peterson is not responsible for the death of his son. The man that did it is. But Peterson is pretty irresponsible when it comes to spreading his DNA around. He isn't the first, and won't be the last, but that doesn't make it right.

Relwob Owner
10-13-2013, 04:40 PM
There is more to taking care of kids than giving money. Of course Adrian Peterson is not responsible for the death of his son. The man that did it is. But Peterson is pretty irresponsible when it comes to spreading his DNA around. He isn't the first, and won't be the last, but that doesn't make it right.

Did I say this wasn't the case? Also, do you have any sort of specific knowledge indicating that all AP does is give money? If all he does is give money, then I don't condone that but my main issue is people jumping to conclusions and judging him when they have no clue what actually goes on in his life.

As far as being irresponsible about spreading DNA around, I agree with you 100 percent.

cj
10-13-2013, 04:54 PM
Did I say this wasn't the case? Also, do you have any sort of specific knowledge indicating that all AP does is give money? If all he does is give money, then I don't condone that but my main issue is people jumping to conclusions and judging him when they have no clue what actually goes on in his life.

As far as being irresponsible about spreading DNA around, I agree with you 100 percent.

For me, it all ties together. I don't respect anyone that just goes around having kids knowing damn well they aren't going to raise them. The mothers aren't any better.

For the record, he didn't even know this kid was his until after he was murdered. But he does have other children by multiple women.

ponyplayerdotca
10-13-2013, 04:59 PM
What is it with athletes having x-number of children with x-number of women?

And if I can be insensitive, and cruel, does anyone know of any white guys that have several children with several women? What rational human being does that? ever?

I don't mean to introduce the race card here (and in no way with regards to this specific story), but what is it with famous men (athletes, etc.) who refuse to use condoms, or demand to "plant their seed" wherever they see fit and just expect that to be okay with everyone? And then expect all negative stereotypes and issues to be absolved by writing a check?

More notable cases are Shawn Kemp, Evander Holyfield, and I'm sure some of you will post many more names that elude me at this point. Here's the news - if you want to screw as many women as you want in life, go right ahead. But take precautions, use protection and DON'T HAVE KIDS!

Otherwise, the finanacial, social, and emotional heartache and baggage that is sure to come your way is exactly what you deserve. No child deserves to have his/her life snuffed out by an asshole like this poor 2 yo did. But then again, no child deserves to have his/her life start out as a meaningless booty call that turns into nothing more than a financial obligation.

My apologies if I have offended anyone with this post, but that is truly how I feel about the whole thing from start to finish. RIP poor lad.

cj
10-13-2013, 05:04 PM

And if I can be insensitive, and cruel, does anyone know of any white guys that have several children with several women? What rational human being does that? ever?

I don't mean to introduce the race card here (and in no way with regards to this specific story), but what is it with famous men (athletes, etc.) who refuse to use condoms, or demand to "plant their seed" wherever they see fit and just expect that to be okay with everyone? And then expect all negative stereotypes and issues to be absolved by writing a check?

More notable cases are Shawn Kemp, Evander Holyfield, and I'm sure some of you will post many more names that elude me at this point. Here's the news - if you want to screw as many women as you want in life, go right ahead. But take precautions, use protection and DON'T HAVE KIDS!

Otherwise, the finanacial, social, and emotional heartache and baggage that is sure to come your way is exactly what you deserve. No child deserves to have his/her life snuffed out by an asshole like this poor 2 yo did. But then again, no child deserves to have his/her life start out as a meaningless booty call that turns into nothing more than a financial obligation.

My apologies if I have offended anyone with this post, but that is truly how I feel about the whole thing from start to finish. RIP poor lad.

I know plenty of white guys that have multiple children by multiple women.

Relwob Owner
10-13-2013, 05:04 PM
For me, it all ties together. I don't respect anyone that just goes around having kids knowing damn well they aren't going to raise them. The mothers aren't any better.

For the record, he didn't even know this kid was his until after he was murdered. But he does have other children by multiple women.

I dont think this is accurate. As I stated in post 13, I read(in multiple places now) that he found out 2-3 months ago, not after the kid was murdered, as you contend.

I agree with you about not respecting anyone that goes around having kids without having any intent to raise them. Again, though, do you know that he didnt intend to raise his kids?

Relwob Owner
10-13-2013, 05:05 PM
I know plenty of white guys that have multiple children by multiple women.

Totally agree. Google Owen Wilson and his exploits

TJDave
10-13-2013, 05:20 PM
if you want to screw as many women as you want in life, go right ahead.

Thanks. I'll tell them you said it was OK.

I hope this works.

cj
10-13-2013, 05:29 PM
I agree with you about not respecting anyone that goes around having kids without having any intent to raise them. Again, though, do you know that he didnt intend to raise his kids?

Well, yes, at least by my definition of raising children. How could he? He isn't living with them. He isn't fighting for custody.

TJDave
10-13-2013, 05:38 PM
Well, yes, at least by my definition of raising children. How could he? He isn't living with them. He isn't fighting for custody.

A multi-millionaire has legal system access not afforded to most. I'm confident that had Peterson wanted custody it would have been granted. ;)

Relwob Owner
10-13-2013, 05:42 PM

..and you are sure he lives with neither of his kids and hasn't fought for custody of any of them? If you know this for sure and you are correct, I agree with you, but I am skeptical you have this knowledge for sure.

cj
10-13-2013, 05:49 PM
..and you are sure he lives with neither of his kids and hasn't fought for custody of any of them? If you know this for sure and you are correct, I agree with you, but I am skeptical you have this knowledge for sure.

Yes, I know he doesn't live with his kids and that he hasn't fought for custody.

Relwob Owner
10-13-2013, 06:19 PM
Yes, I know he doesn't live with his kids and that he hasn't fought for custody.

OK. I will take your word for it but you also said that he didn't know he was the dad of the murdered boy until after he was murdered and I believe that was inaccurate.

cj
10-13-2013, 06:27 PM
OK. I will take your word for it but you also said that he didn't know he was the dad of the murdered boy until after he was murdered and I believe that was inaccurate.

I read it today, mistyped it, he first MET him in the hospital. He is a big topic on a regular basis here in Oklahoma.

Kind of furthers my point. He OBVIOUSLY had no intention of having any kind of relationship with the mother, yet he had unprotected sex with her.

TJDave
10-13-2013, 06:47 PM
He OBVIOUSLY had no intention of having any kind of relationship with the mother, yet he had unprotected sex with her.

She allowed it.

She obviously had a differing opinion, right?

cj
10-13-2013, 07:02 PM
She allowed it.

She obviously had a differing opinion, right?

I already said the mothers are just as much to blame. Skip over that part?

wiffleball whizz
10-13-2013, 07:10 PM
AP looked real bothered by his sons misfortunes....will never root for the guy again.....out of all the people in the metrodome today he may have been the least emotional......great way of dealing with your problems by playing football as your son who u created is clinging to life by a thread....guy is a total disgrace

cj
10-13-2013, 07:18 PM
AP looked real bothered by his sons misfortunes....will never root for the guy again.....out of all the people in the metrodome today he may have been the least emotional......great way of dealing with your problems by playing football as your son who u created is clinging to life by a thread....guy is a total disgrace

His son died on Friday.

wiffleball whizz
10-13-2013, 07:26 PM
His son died on Friday.

I know he also gave that interview on Friday after practice.....practice was his sanctuary.....stone disgraceful

Relwob Owner
10-13-2013, 07:29 PM
I read it today, mistyped it, he first MET him in the hospital. He is a big topic on a regular basis here in Oklahoma.

Kind of furthers my point. He OBVIOUSLY had no intention of having any kind of relationship with the mother, yet he had unprotected sex with her.

" he didnt know this kid was his" was a mistype and you meant to type "first met him?" Doesnt seem like a mistype but I will take your word for it.

If you read my posts, you would see that I am not disagreeing with your point about unprotected sex, spreading DNA, etc.

cj
10-13-2013, 07:33 PM
" he didnt know this kid was his" was a mistype and you meant to type "first met him?" Doesnt seem like a mistype but I will take your word for it.

If you read my posts, you would see that I am not disagreeing with your point about unprotected sex, spreading DNA, etc.

I know you aren't.

I read the article today. I read it correctly, and I knew what I read, but then I screwed it up when I typed it. Shit happens.

Relwob Owner
10-13-2013, 07:38 PM
I know you aren't.

I read the article today. I read it correctly, and I knew what I read, but then I screwed it up when I typed it. Shit happens.

I hear ya :ThmbUp: You were probably distracted by threads making sweeping judgements about teams from New Orleans started after a half of football.

They just lost but they are still a solid team. How the corner let a guy behind him is beyond me.

Robert Fischer
10-13-2013, 10:17 PM

I don't know man...

It's a tough situation and a tough call.

Adrian Peterson doesn't strike me as someone with very high "emotional intelligence".

Everyone grieves in their own way. And sometimes, when something horrible happens to you, the trauma, and stress ...
Takes a while to sink in.

6 months from now he could be watching a movie or something and start sobbing uncontrollably.

wiffleball whizz
10-13-2013, 10:45 PM
I don't know man...

It's a tough situation and a tough call.

Adrian Peterson doesn't strike me as someone with very high "emotional intelligence".

Everyone grieves in their own way. And sometimes, when something horrible happens to you, the trauma, and stress ...
Takes a while to sink in.

6 months from now he could be watching a movie or something and start sobbing uncontrollably.

Very true point......but I just can't picture myself knowing my child is in critical condition 100s of miles away and be at football practice

If the child has died I guess playing football would be his escape then that's fine my problem is with him putting football/ job over his son clinging to life

I hate to use this as a example as I hope this never happens to anybody here but if everybody was a professional horse player And going to the track is where we made our living and was our escape from real life issues would any of us here put betting horses over our kid clinging to life? That's essentially what AP did....

My problem isn't really Witt him playing on Sunday it was the events of Friday that bothered me

Robert Goren
10-14-2013, 07:38 AM
If you were young, good looking and rich with lots of beautiful women throwing themselves at you, what you do? I know what I would have done at 23. ;)

jballscalls
10-14-2013, 11:16 AM
Very true point......but I just can't picture myself knowing my child is in critical condition 100s of miles away and be at football practice

If the child has died I guess playing football would be his escape then that's fine my problem is with him putting football/ job over his son clinging to life

I hate to use this as a example as I hope this never happens to anybody here but if everybody was a professional horse player And going to the track is where we made our living and was our escape from real life issues would any of us here put betting horses over our kid clinging to life? That's essentially what AP did....

My problem isn't really Witt him playing on Sunday it was the events of Friday that bothered me

The statement above is where I think people are having issues in this thread. We all project what we'd do onto so many things, we forget that it's not happening to us, it's not our lives and we judge others based on what we think is right.

The people who are blaming Adrian Peterson for anything IMO are really out of line. No child deserves to have done to them what this poor child did. And for some reason, people are looking to blame someone other than who did the harm? It's like people who blame a woman for being raped because she wore a short dress or was in the wrong side of town. Or blaming someone for being poor. Somehow here if you're poor it means you're bad or lazy. We see that here all the time and it's absolutely shameful.

I hear so much about personal responsibility over in off-topic, yet people seem to want to blame the father and mother here instead of the actual person who was responsible!

PaceAdvantage
10-14-2013, 02:50 PM
Somehow here if you're poor it means you're bad or lazy. We see that here all the time and it's absolutely shameful.By here, do you mean this website?

I'm constantly amazed by some who are constantly amazed by what is written on this website, as if it is some alien planet never before encountered.

jballscalls
10-14-2013, 04:13 PM
By here, do you mean this website?

I'm constantly amazed by some who are constantly amazed by what is written on this website, as if it is some alien planet never before encountered.

I meant more here like now, modern day USA.

And there are things said on this website that i've never heard in real life from people. So it is a little jarring to know people exist who say such things and it makes me think they may indeed be extra terrestrial :)

thaskalos
10-14-2013, 04:20 PM
The statement above is where I think people are having issues in this thread. We all project what we'd do onto so many things, we forget that it's not happening to us, it's not our lives and we judge others based on what we think is right.

The people who are blaming Adrian Peterson for anything IMO are really out of line. No child deserves to have done to them what this poor child did. And for some reason, people are looking to blame someone other than who did the harm? It's like people who blame a woman for being raped because she wore a short dress or was in the wrong side of town. Or blaming someone for being poor. Somehow here if you're poor it means you're bad or lazy. We see that here all the time and it's absolutely shameful.

I hear so much about personal responsibility over in off-topic, yet people seem to want to blame the father and mother here instead of the actual person who was responsible!

Who is the person here who wants to blame the father and the mother instead of the murderer?

ronsmac
10-14-2013, 04:29 PM

Not too many, but Scott Skiles comes to mind. He had 6 illegitimate kids.also on the list are Peja Stojakovich, Steve Garvey, are the ones i've read about. 90% of the time the athlete will probably be black. Most of these guys aren't thinking about consequences, and the groupies are out in full force looking for a pay day the majority of the time. There was a tv special about 2 women , who specifically go looking for athletes and a payday.

jballscalls
10-14-2013, 04:31 PM
Who is the person here who wants to blame the father and the mother instead of the murderer?

there were a number of people on the first page who cast blame on Mr. Peterson. I believe you even said he has to bear responsibility for bringing the children into the world. That I agree with. However I don't feel his absence (he was working at his job which is in minnesota, so if the mother moves the kid to SD it's probably difficult for him to be father of the year.

I personally don't find him responsible at all. Was he not a great father, I don't know, but I'm sure a case can be made that he isn't. However terrible things happen to kids who have both parents around. I just don't see how he shares any blame in the actions done by someone else.

Robert Goren
10-14-2013, 05:25 PM
Not too many, but Scott Skiles comes to mind. He had 6 illegitimate kids.also on the list are Peja Stojakovich, Steve Garvey, are the ones i've read about. 90% of the time the athlete will probably be black. Most of these guys aren't thinking about consequences, and the groupies are out in full force looking for a pay day the majority of the time. There was a tv special about 2 women , who specifically go looking for athletes and a payday.Amazing! You name 3 guys who are white, then say 90% of the time, the guy is black without a source!

thaskalos
10-14-2013, 05:33 PM
there were a number of people on the first page who cast blame on Mr. Peterson. I believe you even said he has to bear responsibility for bringing the children into the world. That I agree with. However I don't feel his absence (he was working at his job which is in minnesota, so if the mother moves the kid to SD it's probably difficult for him to be father of the year.

I personally don't find him responsible at all. Was he not a great father, I don't know, but I'm sure a case can be made that he isn't. However terrible things happen to kids who have both parents around. I just don't see how he shares any blame in the actions done by someone else.

We are not in a court of law; we are only voicing opinions on an internet site. I think you are being a little melodramatic about the "blame" that we are casting on "Mr. Peterson".

I don't know all the details of the case, but I know that, if I were a multi-millionaire star athlete who wanted to also be a "great father"...I would have done all I could to assume custody of my kid...and prevent him from being taken away from me.

As it stands..."Mr. Peterson" seems to have at least two other kids by at least two different women...so it doesn't seem that fighting for custody in court is as important to him as fighting for yardage on the field.

As I said before...I am not saying that he is responsible for the murder of this child. All I am saying is that he could have been a better parent...if he wanted to be.

I don't usually pass this sort of judgement on others, because I am not the "perfect parent" myself...but I feel that voicing my opinion in this case is appropriate -- given the circumstances.

Our children are a part of us, and they need to be protected...as well as to be supported financially.

If my criticism seems unfair to "Mr. Peterson", then I apologize...but I won't call him a "victim" of some sort of "injustice" here...as you seem to be doing, by protesting against the "blame" that I have levied against him for not being a better father.

The only "real" victim here is a two year-old little boy...whose parents did not protect him from the evil in this world -- as "great parents" ought to do...

Stillriledup
10-14-2013, 05:46 PM
Its not fair to society as a whole to bring someone into the world if you arent interested in really being around to raise the kid. This is how young kids get led down the wrong path, no father figure around to teach them right from wrong and to keep them on the straight and narrow.

ronsmac
10-14-2013, 06:10 PM
Amazing! You name 3 guys who are white, then say 90% of the time, the guy is black without a source!
source: Bleacher Report, 20 biggest illegitimate fathers in sports,17 black, 1 white,1 mexican american,1 dominican. 2 on the Honorable Mention list were black. we don't have to always be politically correct. I was giving an example of a white guy to an earlier posters question. it is an unfortunate fact that in the African American community, children out of wedlock are more commonplace.

wiffleball whizz
10-14-2013, 08:24 PM

Exactly.....the murderer is a given

I just have a problem with him not being by his kids side as he's dying....I have zero problem with him playing Sunday after the fact cuz how he handles it I have no problems

But I have all the confidence in the world that anybody on this forum wouldn't be betting horses playing football or working if there child was clinging to
Life......that's so out of line on his part it's indescribable

If your close with the kid or not u gotta me there in my opinion

mountainman
10-15-2013, 12:41 PM

I'm surprised he hasn't taken more heat on that score. After an appropriate period of mourning, rich athletes with multiple baby mamas might still come under scrutiny from the press.And I don't think Peterson will-or should-come out unscathed. I never pass moral judgement-my own conscience is too unclean in too many regards-but this entire tragedy casts Peterson in a very unflattering light.

Relwob Owner
10-15-2013, 05:36 PM

Post 8 put some blame on the mother and post 12 put some blame on the father

Bettowin
10-16-2013, 03:58 PM
Heard from a friend in Minnesota there are reports that AP has 7 kids from 5 different mothers. 2 of them active strippers. Has nothing to do with this case but does surprise me a bit.

Striker
10-16-2013, 04:50 PM
Heard from a friend in Minnesota there are reports that AP has 7 kids from 5 different mothers. 2 of them active strippers. Has nothing to do with this case but does surprise me a bit.
Time to get snipped

Striker
10-16-2013, 04:55 PM
Not too many, but Scott Skiles comes to mind. He had 6 illegitimate kids.also on the list are Peja Stojakovich, Steve Garvey, are the ones i've read about. 90% of the time the athlete will probably be black. Most of these guys aren't thinking about consequences, and the groupies are out in full force looking for a pay day the majority of the time. There was a tv special about 2 women , who specifically go looking for athletes and a payday.
Add Brian Urlacher to the white list, as he has at least 2 kids out of wedlock.

cj
10-16-2013, 08:06 PM

That is the talk here in Oklahoma, not just the three, and has been for a while.

Speed Figure
10-17-2013, 01:35 AM
AP and Dwight Howard are running neck and neck!

Relwob Owner
10-17-2013, 05:41 PM
That is the talk here in Oklahoma, not just the three, and has been for a while.

The more info that comes out, the more clear it is that I was wrong to be skeptical of the knowledge you had in terms of his involvement/wanting custody of his kids.

cj
10-17-2013, 06:04 PM
The more info that comes out, the more clear it is that I was wrong to be skeptical of the knowledge you had in terms of his involvement/wanting custody of his kids.

Nothing ever wrong with skepticism. I'm one of its strongest advocates.

JustRalph
10-17-2013, 06:04 PM
up to 7 now........per the ex stripper in Houston.........who did an interview with somebody.............btw, she has one by him too..........

Relwob Owner
10-17-2013, 06:21 PM
Nothing ever wrong with skepticism. I'm one of its strongest advocates.

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: