PDA

View Full Version : Health Care Exchange (personal experience)

elysiantraveller
10-09-2013, 09:20 PM
Since I'm a licensed health insurance agent in my state I got bored last night after the tigers game and decided to hop on the exchange and peruse their plans. Here are the following steps:

1) Go to website.

2) Fill out my health and some personal (strange?) info.

3) Click Submit.

Within 30 seconds, literally, my phone rings and its a rep from a Grand Rapids, Michigan insurance agency I'm really familiar with. He is calling to help me decide a plan. I explain I was only hopping on to do some investigating. Meanwhile, I'm incredibly pissed that my number has been given away to a competitor of mine only a couple of years ago. So I keep scrolling through the plan while this ass asks me all of these personal questions, which I avoid, until I've finally scrolled through all the plans. Finally, at 9pm, after the "are you a smoker question." I unload with "Look man, I don't appreciate the fact you are calling me at 9pm from, what used to be, a rival agency. I have employer sponsored coverage and because I was curious I decided to take a look at the exchange. Finally, I AM a licensed health insurance rep in the state so A) I don't need your help and B) These plans suck..."

This guy flat hung up on me... but wait it gets better...

The past 24 hours I have had 9 solicitation calls from 5 different Agencies... How is this not an invasion of privacy?...

redshift1
10-09-2013, 10:49 PM
Tell me your surprised by the solicitations, because if you are your the only one.

TJDave
10-09-2013, 11:12 PM
Tell me your surprised by the solicitations, because if you are your the only one.

I am. It was my understanding that these plans were all equal in benefits, the difference being the percentage of co-pay for the different levels, and that the State exchanges were selling the plans. You chose the level plan based on what you could afford and then chose between, say, Aetna or Blue Cross based on brand preference.

JustRalph
10-09-2013, 11:16 PM
It's Working!!!!!

redshift1
10-10-2013, 12:34 AM
I am. It was my understanding that these plans were all equal in benefits, the difference being the percentage of co-pay for the different levels, and that the State exchanges were selling the plans. You chose the level plan based on what you could afford and then chose between, say, Aetna or Blue Cross based on brand preference.

Once you unlock the information portal with an IP address and personal information then you're free game no matter what the product or service, be it insurance or refinance.

Everybody knows that unless you feel the government is to blame for the failure of the "don't call me registry"

JustRalph
10-10-2013, 12:42 AM
Here's another "personal experience" I heard about today

I don't know how well they vetted this woman......but it's making news

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/09/obamacare-has-raped-my-future-college-grad-says-in-viral-letter/

OBAMACARE HAS ‘RAPED MY FUTURE,’ COLLEGE GRAD SAYS IN VIRAL LETTER

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Screen-Shot-2013-10-09-at-11.36.42-AM-620x574.jpg

newtothegame
10-10-2013, 01:32 AM

Nahh, not equal...remember, your credit score will play a factor too :) :bang:

But its ALL ABOUT HEALTHY PEOPLE !!!!! lol

iceknight
10-10-2013, 03:59 PM
Here is a relevant article about new ACA.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/obamacare-helps-uninsured-americans-become-blindin,34176/

mostpost
10-10-2013, 04:46 PM

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/09/obamacare-has-raped-my-future-college-grad-says-in-viral-letter/

OBAMACARE HAS ‘RAPED MY FUTURE,’ COLLEGE GRAD SAYS IN VIRAL LETTER

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Screen-Shot-2013-10-09-at-11.36.42-AM-620x574.jpg
According to her Facebook page, Ashley's favorite books are "The Road To Serfdom" by Friedrich von Hayek and several books by Ayn Rand including "The Virtue of Selfishness." She describes herself as an Objectivist.
I think that we can pretty much tell where she is coming from.

I do think it is amazing that a person with asthma, ulcers and mild Cerebral Palsy could get any kind of insurance policy, let alone one for $75 a month. Especially one that allegedly provides full coverage.

Clocker
10-10-2013, 07:01 PM
According to her Facebook page, Ashley's favorite books are "The Road To Serfdom" by Friedrich von Hayek and several books by Ayn Rand including "The Virtue of Selfishness." She describes herself as an Objectivist.
I think that we can pretty much tell where she is coming from.

That obviously makes her unqualified to express an opinion, or even to be believed. She probably doesn't even exist, and is a creation of the Tea Party. Someone should notify the IRS and the NSA about this serious plot to discredit the government.

Tom
10-10-2013, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by mostpost
I think that we can pretty much tell where she is coming from. \

You jealous someone might be stealing the liberal MO?
Remember Fluke?

Go away, dude, you are boring. :lol:

The Judge
10-10-2013, 10:34 PM
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2013/10/good-news-obamacare-raped-future-26-year-old/70397/

JustRalph
10-10-2013, 11:03 PM
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2013/10/good-news-obamacare-raped-future-26-year-old/70397/

Yeah, such good news.

From the link

"Insurance plans vary by location, and young people will have to pay higher premiums to subsidize the policies of the old, the sick and those with pre-existing conditions (Dionne has three — asthma, ulcers and cerebral palsy). There have also been reports of people with insurance having their plans cancelled, only to be offered plans two to three times more expensive, because insurance prices are rising and their old plans didn't meet the standards of the Affordable Care Act. But to say that the Affordable Care Act will keep young adults barely making minimum wage "from having a future at all," as Dionne put it, with premiums that eat up nearly half their salaries, isn't accurate."

She should take the Medicaid. But getting the hell out of Michigan would be a better idea. Less than a hundred bucks for a cross country bus ticket. Start applying for jobs out of state

mostpost
10-11-2013, 01:17 AM
So, if someone said maybe three or four posts back that Ashley's playing fast and loose with the truth, they may be right. Nah, they are positively right. Not that I am bragging.

The Judge
10-11-2013, 01:37 AM
That's right mostpost it's the Washington Generals again.

JustRalph started out with a disclaimer "I don't know how well they vetted this woman" he knew what he was posting was suspect and unworthy of weight but he posted it anyway.

So what's new. NOTHING!

NJ Stinks
10-11-2013, 02:01 AM
That's right mostpost it's the Washington Generals again.

JustRalph started out with a disclaimer "I don't know how well they vetted this woman" he knew what he was posting was suspect and unworthy of weight but he posted it anyway.

So what's new. NOTHING!

Ralph posts this fable. Ralph posts Imus trashing Obama.

One might ask: Is Ralph a rabble-rouser? As they say on FOX News, you decide! :eek:

rab·ble–rous·er

noun
: a person who makes a group of people angry, excited, or violent (such as by giving speeches) especially in order to achieve a political or social goal

JustRalph
10-11-2013, 04:35 AM

You guys are a tough crowd. I believe if you read what was written in my original post, it speaks for itself. I questioned the story, the vetting of the women in a thread about "personal experiences" with ACA. I stated the letter is making news (it is) and brought it to the discussion because it's one of many stories that has gone national.

You guys are way too touchy.........I believe that's indicative of how bad things are on your side of this monstrosity. Get real..........

upthecreek
10-11-2013, 06:47 AM
Earlier today I received my* "Obamacare enrollment packet” from the White House.
It contained:
· An aspirin and a band-aid.
· An 'Obama Hope & Change' bumper sticker
· A 'Bush's Fault' yard sign
· A 'Blame Republicans first, then anybody and everybody'* poster
· A 'Tax the Rich' banner
· An application for unemployment and a free cellphone
· An application for food stamps
· A prayer rug
· A letter assigning my debt to my grandchildren
· And lastly, a coupon for a machine that blows smoke up my ass.
Everything was made in "China" and all directions were in Spanish.
Keep an eye out. Yours should be arriving soon.

RaceBookJoe
10-11-2013, 12:13 PM
Earlier today I received my* "Obamacare enrollment packet” from the White House.
It contained:
· An aspirin and a band-aid.
· An 'Obama Hope & Change' bumper sticker
· A 'Bush's Fault' yard sign
· A 'Blame Republicans first, then anybody and everybody'* poster
· A 'Tax the Rich' banner
· An application for unemployment and a free cellphone
· An application for food stamps
· A prayer rug
· A letter assigning my debt to my grandchildren
· And lastly, a coupon for a machine that blows smoke up my ass.
Everything was made in "China" and all directions were in Spanish.
Keep an eye out. Yours should be arriving soon.

Good one, but think this also deserves inclusion in the Humor thread..that that last line about the machine hahah

OntheRail
10-11-2013, 01:04 PM
rab·ble–rous·er

noun
: a person who makes a group of people angry, excited, or violent (such as by giving speeches) especially in order to achieve a political or social goal

This Obama in a nutshell.... :lol:

HUSKER55
10-11-2013, 05:57 PM
got a question: if the tax credit is more than what you owe do you get a refund?

Tom
10-11-2013, 08:32 PM
This Obama in a nutshell.... :lol:

Yes, recklessly lying to scare people and the markets.
The man had not one ounce of leadership in him.
you can dress him up, but he will never be anything but a door-to-door rabble rousing organizer.

PaceAdvantage
10-12-2013, 03:29 PM
This reminds me of the time I mistakenly filled out a mortgage calculator online...they started wanting more and more personal info just to crunch some mortgage numbers.

I stopped when they asked my SS#.

However, I was a stupid boy and had already put in my cell phone number.

Boy, was that dumb. Multiple calls per day after that from mortgage brokers all over the country...it has kind of petered out now, but it's interesting to see Obamacare acting similarly.

highnote
10-13-2013, 08:09 PM
This reminds me of the time I mistakenly filled out a mortgage calculator online...they started wanting more and more personal info just to crunch some mortgage numbers.

I stopped when they asked my SS#.

However, I was a stupid boy and had already put in my cell phone number.

Boy, was that dumb. Multiple calls per day after that from mortgage brokers all over the country...it has kind of petered out now, but it's interesting to see Obamacare acting similarly.

LOL I did the same thing... once. And never made that mistake again. I kept getting calls from one high pressure broker. The calls were actually abusive. I would have never in a million years done any business with him and he finally moved on. I think it was http://bankrate.com that I gave info to. Never again!