PDA

View Full Version : Controversy in Detroit, Fan interference on HR ball.

Stillriledup
10-08-2013, 07:19 PM
Play under review.

Wow, they gave Martinez a HR, but i think the A's might have gotten robbed.

Marshall Bennett
10-08-2013, 07:42 PM
No way he catches that ball, fans or no fans. Was a good foot out of his reach.

Stillriledup
10-08-2013, 07:56 PM
No way he catches that ball, fans or no fans. Was a good foot out of his reach.

But if the fans don't reach over, it hits that railing, is the railing a HR?

Also, you dont know if he catches it or not because the fans hands in his face could have altered his course.

I might have ruled it as an out for fan interference, or a GR Double. It was a tough call, the fans can't lean over into the field of play, its in the rulebook, i think the Tigers dodged a bullet there.

Quagmire
10-08-2013, 09:24 PM
The railing is over the yellow HR stripe so it would have been a HR.

It looks like Maddon is going to use his whole staff tonight. 0-0 top of the 3rd and the third Rays pitcher coming in.

MutuelClerk
10-09-2013, 01:19 PM
I'm a Tiger fan and pretty upset at my team. Miguel Cabrera hurt himself close to the last week of August. Team doctors said he can't make the injury worse by playing. Ohhhhh really?? WRONG. Tiger management has reduced the best hitter in the game ( not best player) to being a liability in the playoffs. Why wasn't he rested or put on the DL when he hurt himself? I blames the Drs., the GM, Leyland( grrrr), and Cabrera himself. If were lucky enough to win tomorrow night I don't see us beating Boston. With a fairly healthy Cabrera and excellent starting pitching we can play with them. Now? doubtful. I hope I'm wrong and we win the World Series in spite of all this mismanagement. GO GETTEM TIGERS!!!!

Stillriledup
10-09-2013, 02:01 PM
I'm a Tiger fan and pretty upset at my team. Miguel Cabrera hurt himself close to the last week of August. Team doctors said he can't make the injury worse by playing. Ohhhhh really?? WRONG. Tiger management has reduced the best hitter in the game ( not best player) to being a liability in the playoffs. Why wasn't he rested or put on the DL when he hurt himself? I blames the Drs., the GM, Leyland( grrrr), and Cabrera himself. If were lucky enough to win tomorrow night I don't see us beating Boston. With a fairly healthy Cabrera and excellent starting pitching we can play with them. Now? doubtful. I hope I'm wrong and we win the World Series in spite of all this mismanagement. GO GETTEM TIGERS!!!!

I want Boston to lose, so hopefully Oakland beats them, Leyland is a clown, he burned out Verlander's arm with 120 pitch outings in meaningless games and the guy throwing 99 in the 8th inning......he managed Verlander as if he has a bionic arm, its a joke.

Valuist
10-09-2013, 02:32 PM
The railing is over the yellow HR stripe so it would have been a HR.

It looks like Maddon is going to use his whole staff tonight. 0-0 top of the 3rd and the third Rays pitcher coming in.

Shortest leash I've ever seen, excluding All-Star games. I have never seen a starter, not injured, getting pulled in the 2nd inning before allowing any runs.

Stillriledup
10-09-2013, 06:28 PM
Shortest leash I've ever seen, excluding All-Star games. I have never seen a starter, not injured, getting pulled in the 2nd inning before allowing any runs.

Probably the strategy was that he didnt want hitters to see a pitcher more than once. If they had tighter Defense and didnt bring Jose Valverde's evil twin into the game in the 9th, they might have won.

Rookies
10-09-2013, 06:38 PM
Was his name Jeffrey?