PDA

View Full Version : MLB playoffs

Valuist
10-08-2013, 12:52 PM
Didn't get a chance to see the Dodgers-Braves last night. Was surprised to see Kershaw lifted after only 91 pitches, but then I remembered he was back on only 3 days rest.

Interesting game tonight at the Trop. Hitters have low averages against both starters but have taken them deep a number of times. But both Peavy and Hendrickson are in poor form. At 7 1/2, I'd have to go over the total. As for the side, havent done anything yet but leaning a bit toward the small home doggie.

Bettowin
10-08-2013, 02:18 PM
I watched both games but didn't see how Myers got hurt. Will look it up later but my opinion is the Rays are really pressing and look foolish at the plate trying to hit it out instead of just getting hits. Longoria saved them last night after looking terrible at the plate. I think Boston wins easily tonight and wouldn't trust the Rays to score many runs. I'm taking Boston -117.

Ocala Mike
10-08-2013, 02:35 PM
You're probably right; Rays pretty lucky last night, and I see the Sox taking this one.

Surprised that Longoria wasn't walked in that spot with 1st base open, though. You can't let him hurt you there.

Valuist
10-08-2013, 03:33 PM
Peavy has been bad in the last month. I know Hendrickson isn't great but I don't trust Peavy laying wood on the road. In 2007? Sure. Now? Nope.