PDA

View Full Version : The Pick 3

melman
12-02-2001, 10:26 AM
Not a bet I have been making, however have any of you people had sucess with it. What I do not like is the "dark" nature of the bet. Why can't a computer company come up with will-pays for this bet. Are there just to many combinations. I understand it is a different pool but look at these results from yesterday at Fair Grounds. R5 winner paid $18.80 R6 winner paid $8.80 R7 winner paid $9.00 for a Pick 3 payout of $ $288.60 not so good in my view. And yet the pick 3 for R6 with the 8 dollar winner and R7 with the 9 dollar winner and R8 with a $9.20 winner paid $518.60 which is very good in my view.

GR1@HTR
12-03-2001, 08:59 AM
http://www.frandsen.com/newsletters/oct99brs.htm

12-04-2001, 06:58 AM
good link GR thanks.

I would guess that it is the cycle time on the TV monitor that would prohibit the posting of pick 3 odds. Depending on field size it would take a long time to cycle through all of the possbible combinations, add to that the rolling P3's which in which each race is a different leg of a pick 3 and it would get very confusing to watch.

PicAHorse.com
12-05-2001, 01:37 AM
My experience with the pick three is that if You can beat the favorite and get a $12 or higher price in any of the three races, You will usually get a excellent payoff.
In August@ Delmar, I hit a $1 pick three, paid, $2700.
The final race was won by Golden Apples paying $50.
So, if You can beat either the first or second favorite and the first or second Program selection, the pick three, I believe is one of the best bets. It also helps to bet at a major track where there is alot of money wagered from race to race.