PDA

View Full Version : pick 'em (fixed nfl ?)

proximity
10-07-2013, 11:47 PM
question for all of you sports bettors like whizz, valuist,...

i know it's a road game and mnf.... BUT WE'RE REALLY SUPPOSED TO LOSE TO THE CHARGERS?????????????????????????????????????????? ??

i'm wondering if we're going to show uncle peyton every card in our hand in two weeks..... or wait for a cold january denver to beat him and we're pick 'em against the chargers?????????????????

why?

wiffleball whizz
10-07-2013, 11:53 PM
question for all of you sports bettors like whizz, valuist,...

i know it's a road game and mnf.... BUT WE'RE REALLY SUPPOSED TO LOSE TO THE CHARGERS?????????????????????????????????????????? ??

i'm wondering if we're going to show uncle peyton every card in our hand in two weeks..... or wait for a cold january denver to beat him and we're pick 'em against the chargers?????????????????

why?

Hmmmm....sd will be rabid off loss to raiders and Indy flat off Seattle maybe

Oh and as for that late fg in KC it did cover the over.......at least that was line in pool

proximity
10-08-2013, 12:08 AM

i can't accept this. valuist, is there some statistical mismatch here favoring the chargers??

we already beat the best two teams in the league and now we're going to lose to danny woodhead and that guy with the fake girlfriend?? is dungy coming back to run the cover 2???

Stillriledup
10-08-2013, 12:18 AM
San Diego is decent and they're at home and they need the game more than the other guys do. That's a factor.

newtothegame
10-08-2013, 12:52 AM
i can't accept this. valuist, is there some statistical mismatch here favoring the chargers??

we already beat the best two teams in the league and now we're going to lose to danny woodhead and that guy with the fake girlfriend?? is dungy coming back to run the cover 2???

I may of missed it but "who" exactly is your team that they "already beat the best two teams in the league"???

Last I checked, Den and N.O. are still unbeaten....unless you think they arent the best two (which would be fair)...thats why I am asking.....

proximity
10-08-2013, 01:06 AM
I may of missed it but "who" exactly is your team that they "already beat the best two teams in the league"???

Last I checked, Den and N.O. are still unbeaten....unless you think they arent the best two (which would be fair)...thats why I am asking.....

i am a colts fan we've now beaten both seattle and san fran..... and we're doing it with a lot of injuries. hopefully landry comes back for the broncos game if not vs the chargers. i am worried about how we will match up vs the broncos, but don't feel the broncos are better than the seahawks or 49ers.

newtothegame
10-08-2013, 02:10 AM
i am a colts fan we've now beaten both seattle and san fran..... and we're doing it with a lot of injuries. hopefully landry comes back for the broncos game if not vs the chargers. i am worried about how we will match up vs the broncos, but don't feel the broncos are better than the seahawks or 49ers.
I respect your opinion...and we will just disagree there.

I really like the Colts and the addition of Richardson was a big gain for them.

cj's dad
10-08-2013, 10:35 AM

Oh and as for that late fg in KC it did cover the over.......at least that was line in pool

I'm thinking the NFL is not aware of your pool The line according to this link was 38.5 http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201310060oti.htm.

There was nothing fishy about KC kicking that late field goal; it put them up by 9. What is in question is Tenn. attempting a meaningless FG with 2 seconds left

Valuist
10-08-2013, 12:45 PM

None that I've seen. But I'm having a not very good year in NFL. The only case I can make against Indy is that this is a sandwich game between Seattle and Peyton and his Broncos. I have Indy a 3 pt road favorite and the line opened a lot lower than that.

This Colts team is really gaining confidence every week. But what is so much better this year than last year is the defense. And they've been facing a much tougher schedule than in 2012. Seattle and San Fran are two of the most physical teams in the league. The Colts weren't intimidated at all.

Bettowin
10-08-2013, 03:27 PM
Here's a theory which may be hogwash but maybe there are more SD fans willing to bet more money on the game which can even the line out? SD at home with the richest part of Cali betting the game? I wonder if the history of SD at home shows a skewed line especially against smaller town teams who typically aren't known for big money followers?

Valuist
10-08-2013, 03:35 PM
Here's a theory which may be hogwash but maybe there are more SD fans willing to bet more money on the game which can even the line out? SD at home with the richest part of Cali betting the game? I wonder if the history of SD at home shows a skewed line especially against smaller town teams who typically aren't known for big money followers?

The problem with that is there's more money bet offshore than in Vegas. In the pre-offshore days, the Cali teams probably were underlaid, simply because they had easier access to Vegas.

Bettowin
10-08-2013, 03:44 PM
The problem with that is there's more money bet offshore than in Vegas. In the pre-offshore days, the Cali teams probably were underlaid, simply because they had easier access to Vegas.

Still more $$$ coming out of Cali than Indy on the game and assuming most of the homers with lots of betting money are taking SD?

Just a thought.

proximity
10-08-2013, 10:17 PM
None that I've seen. But I'm having a not very good year in NFL. .

it's probably just variance. i know you've consistently over time used stats to makes picks here so i respect your opinion on why a line might be what it is as i'm just a colts fan and not a football bettor.

proximity
10-14-2013, 10:11 PM
well we're losing at halftime.... just like the "looks too easy" spread predicted. :blush:

coach gruden says you can't play the chargers "man to man"? i guess that's the reason?? :confused: i just see them losing to lousy teams and struggling vs eagles, cowboys...

still another half to go though.

Stillriledup
10-14-2013, 11:07 PM
well we're losing at halftime.... just like the "looks too easy" spread predicted. :blush:

coach gruden says you can't play the chargers "man to man"? i guess that's the reason?? :confused: i just see them losing to lousy teams and struggling vs eagles, cowboys...

still another half to go though.

Tough for an east coast team to beat a west coast team in a night game, that was factored into the line. SD is also an above average team, its not like they're chopped liver.

proximity
10-14-2013, 11:42 PM
Tough for an east coast team to beat a west coast team in a night game, that was factored into the line. SD is also an above average team, its not like they're chopped liver.

i don't want you to leave the forum, but san diego is not an above average team. 7-9 last year and 2-3 this year. GOOD TEAMS WIN GAMES.

embarrassing night to be a colts fan. :blush: :blush: :blush:

ronsmac
10-14-2013, 11:43 PM

still another half to go though.Sorry Proximity, it's amazing how that it looks too good to be true works out sometimes. you still have a playoff team.

proximity
10-14-2013, 11:46 PM
in a 19-9 game, we lost because of defense.

amazing.

we need laron landry to come back fast.

proximity
10-14-2013, 11:48 PM
god, dilfer says the chargers exorcised some demons because they lost to houston and the titans in the 4th quarter.

big deal.

houston is a train wreck!! they lost to the rams. :confused:

Stillriledup
10-14-2013, 11:55 PM
i don't want you to leave the forum, but san diego is not an above average team. 7-9 last year and 2-3 this year. GOOD TEAMS WIN GAMES.

embarrassing night to be a colts fan. :blush: :blush: :blush:

SD is far better this year than they were last year. I think they're above average, now, when i say that, i don't necessarily mean they'll finish above 8-8, i mean that on any given night, they can play a winning game like they played tonight. In other words, their poor record, in my opinion, is due to their inconsistency, but when they play like they played tonight, you can see they're above average. Its their consistency that will give them an 8-8 record when all is said and done this year.

proximity
10-15-2013, 12:06 AM
they just lost to the raiders and i look for them to struggle this week vs the jags.

if they'd have to play a real team like the 49ers or seahawks, they'd piss their pants. those teams would laugh at danny woodhead.

sorry, it is just frustrating. reminded me of a game vs the cowboys in our super bowl year. real low spread comes out and you KNOW your team is going to lose.... but you watch anyhow. :mad:

Valuist
10-15-2013, 12:24 PM
This is a small sample size but teams are 0-5 ATS (and straight up) after playing Seattle.

proximity
10-30-2013, 09:53 AM
houston is a train wreck!! they lost to the rams. :confused:

it's happening again? Houston by 2 1/2:confused: :confused: :confused:

can we please nail this coffin shut?:faint: